996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What has more Power than Odyssey 925 but weighs 80% less?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Great thread Mike. How is holding up and TTboost, how is your holding up?
Have not had any problems yet. It is always on the Porsche charger when it is not being driven and at home. I am very careful not to leave doors, trunk, hood etc... open...for any extended period of time. I worked on it at the track with everything open for about 20 minutes and had a small problem. It didn't not start but started real hard. Just have to pay attention.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:50 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
nice stuff. if my odyssey dies, this next on my list.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Great thread Mike. How is holding up and TTboost, how is your holding up?
Todd,
Its been about a month and the voltphreaks has worked flawlessly. It believe it starts the car easier than the Oddessey did. I left some doors open for a few minutes at the mile with no problems. It has never been on a trickler but I have never let it sit idle for more than 3 days. VF tech says you can leave it for up to two weeks without trickling.
However, it was not light enough to get me over 200 mph at the mile!! LOL!

Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Kudos for stepping up and testing the good stuff, Mike. I cheaped out for the $59 job...but it only weighs 11lbs. Keep it on my Porsche trickle charger. (and yes it's a sealed battery, no fumes to blow up)
ttboost, can you tell me where you bought/built the battery mount for your battery? I assume it's a DEKA (or similar), right? Thanks.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I don't believe in any small batteries.. went thru like 4 of them... lol

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-31-2010, 05:10 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
ttboost, can you tell me where you bought/built the battery mount for your battery? I assume it's a DEKA (or similar), right? Thanks.
Bought the battery at NAPA. Scabbed up the brcket at home. It's just a piece of aluminum bent to fit into the factory tray slot and over the battery with a tek screw. Not pretty, but the tech guy at the track thought it was good.

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I had my doubts too Mark. It can be a pain. I do keep it plugged in too and am very careful about leaving doors open etc...At the track, I had my doors and rear deck lid open for about 20 minutes troubleshooting a problem and the car almost didn't start. Definitely don't leave it out in the cold for ANY amount of time.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:04 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Im willing to try ttboost's solution. What is the brand name of the battery.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Im willing to try ttboost's solution. What is the brand name of the battery.

I believe I have the Deka ETX14. Just google it. I bought it at NAPA and it was about $60. If I remember correctly, I had to be creative with the terminals, but only took a few minutes to do. I think the Odyssey has more cca, but at a much higher price (double?) If you know the rules and stick to them you will have no issues and get the -40lb reward. If you don't, you will always have a dead battery. My advice is this: be aware of how much power you are using: (ie, doors/decklid open without running, radio on without running, etc), keep it on a trickle charger when you have it parked for more than a couple days or so. If you follow these simple rules, (and I have for over 6 months now) you will have NO issues.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:12 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I believe I have the Deka ETX14. Just google it. I bought it at NAPA and it was about $60. If I remember correctly, I had to be creative with the terminals, but only took a few minutes to do. I think the Odyssey has more cca, but at a much higher price (double?) If you know the rules and stick to them you will have no issues and get the -40lb reward. If you don't, you will always have a dead battery. My advice is this: be aware of how much power you are using: (ie, doors/decklid open without running, radio on without running, etc), keep it on a trickle charger when you have it parked for more than a couple days or so. If you follow these simple rules, (and I have for over 6 months now) you will have NO issues.
Yeah, that actually, works best for me because I only want something to use on track weekends. Everything you stated is the same stuff you have to do with the odyssey pc680 which I've had and the braille which I have now. Going to Napa and grab one of these.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:07 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
Man BLKMGK! You always ask the insightful question that makes me think...

The answer is if the battery cuts off you can catch a manual release cable under the driver's side taillight and open the engine compartment. There you will find a jump post to power up car to open front bonnet and restart the battery.
To remove the tail light you need to open the engine lid which requires power. If the battery is dead how do open the engine lid to access the screws?

Old 05-31-2010, 03:31 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
To remove the tail light you need to open the engine lid which requires power. If the battery is dead how do open the engine lid to access the screws?
The wire is under the tail light. Just slide a piece of metal with a hook on the end under the light, catch the wire, and pull it.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Update:
Battery is still cranking car well. I did notice when it is below 40 degrees it has some trouble starting car. It always starts but you can hear it struggle a little. I would be concerned with temps below freezing though(which we hardly ever see here).

Old 01-29-2011, 06:06 PM
moto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MBailey
Update:
Battery is still cranking car well. I did notice when it is below 40 degrees it has some trouble starting car. It always starts but you can hear it struggle a little. I would be concerned with temps below freezing though(which we hardly ever see here).

We use Lithium Ferrous batteries on motorcycle applications all the time. Our batteries weight 2 lbs VS 10lbs and have about 270CCA.

In very cold weather, we turn the lights on for a 10-20 seconds. It will warm the battery enough to start the bike.

-M

Old 01-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I had a Voltphreaks melt away on an 800whp EVO on the dyno.. I dont know what happened or what was the cause.. We sent it back to them and put an optima Red Top.. They were fairly new when we used them about 2 years ago.. Maybe they have gotten better..

Mike

Old 01-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by moto
In very cold weather, we turn the lights on for a 10-20 seconds. It will warm the battery enough to start the bike.

-M
Thanks! I will try that...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What has more Power than Odyssey 925 but weighs 80% less?