996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please post the name of the tuner(s) that modified your car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
all the switzer and motorwerks should be added to the protomotive numbers. i think spi and akram use todd exclusively (911 tuning also). scott the data and bar graph confuses installers and tuners.
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Ya, you're probably right.
I wouldn't go as far to say that..

What are the divisions on your graph Scott?

Old 03-31-2010, 01:29 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
all the switzer and motorwerks should be added to the protomotive numbers. i think spi and akram use todd exclusively (911 tuning also). scott the data and bar graph confuses installers and tuners.
Switzer is an installer? They fabricate a large amount of their hardware and bolt ons. Doesn't R&D and fabrication count as a tuner?

Ya, you're probably right.
Scott, isn't that like saying EVOMS (pre-2008), AWE, Champion Motorsport, and GMG should all be listed under GIAC, despite the fact that they do their own fabrication?

Last edited by bbywu; 03-31-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:00 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Switzer is an installer? They fabricate a large amount of their hardware and bolt ons. Doesn't R&D and fabrication count as a tuner?

Scott, isn't that like saying EVOMS (pre-2008), AWE, Champion Motorsport, and GMG should all be listed under GIAC, despite the fact that they do their own fabrication?

I think keeping it separated and putting numbers by each one like BBI*
"* All under this use Protomotive Tune"
would work. Replace asterisk by number for more of the same. That way, they all get their credit, but you can see the common tune between groups.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:04 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Here is how it looks so far:
The graph is too small to see in the post and is very blurry when you click on it to blow it up. ( or at lease it is for me )
Is there any other spread sheet you can use so that it is bigger in the initial post?

Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
I think keeping it separated and putting numbers by each one like BBI*
"* All under this use Protomotive Tune"
would work. Replace asterisk by number for more of the same. That way, they all get their credit, but you can see the common tune between groups.
How are you going to describe Scott's car?

Original work by Markski/Bobby, IC's by TPC, ECU by Todd K? There is so much overlap in this community and so few people doing ECU tuning that you are going to see overlap.

bob

Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !

Original work by Markski/Bobby, IC's by TPC, ECU by Todd K? There is so much overlap in this community and so few people doing ECU tuning that you are going to see overlap.

bob
Scotts car would be

911tuning*

* Protomotive based tune.

If you make this too complicated you, then it will be a problem.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:11 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
SharkWerks

Old 03-31-2010, 09:36 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Mine is easy, I tuned the "REVO" flash to utilize maxim performance. Now, how do you account for that?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Easy. I add Revo to the list.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !

bob
Bob - Markski/911Tuning was not involved in the build of my car. It was all done by Protomotive to Bobby's specs.

It's now a Proto/TPC Racing car.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-31-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Scott, don't you have our exhaust on there as well?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:02 AM
I do Neil, and I love the thing. But I also have an ATS clutch and B&M shifter. But I'm only asking for the top two companies (see the very first post). Otherwise, it will get even more confusing than it already is.

I'm to the point now where if someone else wants to take it over (ahem *Dennis or Bob*), feel free.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Scott, I officially defer to Dennis, as his idea holds greater merit.

All in favor say "aye"

...aye

bob

Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM
"Aye".

Dennis, please give me the email address that you'd like me to forward the existing data to. Thanks.

Scott

Old 03-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
I need to add here that we should not simply be lumped into Protomotive. While early on we worked exclusively with Todd at Proto for our tuning solutions, currently that is not the case. We work with many technology partners to achieve the results that we do, and to tie us to Protomotive for everything that we do would not be a correct or fair assessment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please post the name of the tuner(s) that modified your car