996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please post the name of the tuner(s) that modified your car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:05 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Tony at EPL!

Old 09-25-2011, 12:17 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
vivid / softronic

Old 09-25-2011, 11:03 AM
x50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to behold
tuner

protomotive

Old 09-25-2011, 03:03 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
at the moment just have a ECU flash by FVD

Old 09-26-2011, 09:35 AM
silentbob is infamous around these partssilentbob is infamous around these parts
Ultimate motorwerks

Old 09-26-2011, 03:45 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Evoms

Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 PM
waydeki is infamous around these parts
Roock = Crook

bad experience with Roockautosport.com

Last edited by waydeki; 09-29-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Very sorry to hear all that, but on the other hand you also have a great responsibility for your situation.
I have never heard of this tuner, but if I had to send my car to someone for tuning I would first spend some time searching for feedback from other customers.

If he is going bankrupt then you should worry about your car being sold for parts. Take a plane and go check what is going on. Put your car on a ship and bring it to a reputable tuner.
I wish you good luck

Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Wow - that really sucks!!! Not to beat you up, but I had never heard of him until now either, and I live about 40 miles from his alleged Beverly Hills location!

Old 09-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Vivid/Softronic. Self installed. No complaints. Works as advertised.

Last edited by Duane996tt; 09-29-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:41 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
kevin @ umw .

Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 AM
waydeki is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by milou
Very sorry to hear all that, but on the other hand you also have a great responsibility for your situation.
I have never heard of this tuner, but if I had to send my car to someone for tuning I would first spend some time searching for feedback from other customers.

If he is going bankrupt then you should worry about your car being sold for parts. Take a plane and go check what is going on. Put your car on a ship and bring it to a reputable tuner.
I wish you good luck
i dont want to turn this thread into a dialogue because i dont think that's the intention. but i'm not going to go without response to this rediculous accusation.

visit www.roocksport.com and inquire about an engine conversion. i can't expect people to google or search out the specific name. but Fabian lurks on all the porsche pages looking for others who need an engine replacement. he also advertises engine conversions on ebay. so he's definitely out there and well known.

i'm glad you brought this up because, believe me, i've had over 2 years to consider my fault in the situation. i took a lot of input from various people on this site as well as the "renn" sites. i talked to Fabian (he is very convicing on the phone), i looked at his site multiple times (yes, a site is an easy charade), i considered his coverage in the major publications.

i fulfilled his request for pre-payment. i shipped the car down myself with my own vehicle. i did not call his suppliers, mechanics, or competitors. i dont think that's a normal course of action. and, frankly, there weren't many people at the time with any solutions, aside from throwing in a factory reman 3.4. and that option always came with a warning that it could happen again. the few that i did contact (other "reputable" shops)were very unwilling to reveal how they would make improvements. and frankly that scared me away.

i just dont think someone else on this site or any other porsche owner deserves the tunnel ram that this guy has given me.

should i accept responsibility and keep my mouth shut so others can follow my path? is that what you prefer?

Last edited by waydeki; 09-29-2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: link connection
Old 09-29-2011, 06:55 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ASLAN
Wow - that really sucks!!! Not to beat you up, but I had never heard of him until now either, and I live about 40 miles from his alleged Beverly Hills location!
At one point Roock was considered one of the best tuners in the U.S. Many people here, including one of the founders of 6speed, had their cars tuned by Roock.

Last edited by bmoores; 09-29-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 AM
J-Rad is infamous around these parts
You mean lilke this?
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty_file

http://v2.dubmag.net/cars/60-auto-ne...rbo-rst-600-lm

The fact that you've never heard of this tuner is irrelevant. Clearly others have...on the contrary, it's great that waydeki post his experience here. In doing so, others can now be warned, just as you imply.

I actually bought wheels from Roock several years ago. The wheels looked great but the experience was anything but pleasurable. For some unknown reason he had the wheels shipped to me next day air from GERMANY! I was charged nearly twice the price of the wheels (let's just say there was a little markup involved there as well).

It took months to get the issue resolved. Ultimately, the only reason it was resolved is because I filed a dispute with the credit card company I used for the purchase. Fabian was completely unresponsive and uncooperative in dealing with the situation.

I will never do business with Roock again!

I say start a new new thread with you experience so other may be warned and so it stands on it's own from a search and discussion perspective.

Last edited by J-Rad; 09-29-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:04 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry I didn't know how reputable this tuner WAS! I never said you shouldn't had post your experience. Thank you for letting us know that and be aware of tuners like this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please post the name of the tuner(s) that modified your car