996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lightest/strongest track wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Liquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
yes the NT03 in 10.5 only but the TCR4 comes in 11J
Do you mean the RC-T4, I can't find a TCR4 wheel.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Liquidcooled
Do you mean the RC-T4, I can't find a TCR4 wheel.
yea, that one, sorry.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:10 AM
empty is infamous around these parts
Looks like the RC-T4 comes in a GT3 fitment, any idea where one could get some price info?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by empty
Looks like the RC-T4 comes in a GT3 fitment, any idea where one could get some price info?
Yes, that's correct. The prices are in Yen with in the size chart. Could probably source them through vendors that sell JDM aftermarket parts. This particular wheel isn't listed on the site but I think Vivid might be able to help? http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...ipf9g1bdct3le4

Old 03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Dez, I know a couple of C5 Z06s running the Enkis in NASA TT... pretty sure they're running wider than 10inches...

Mike

Originally Posted by heavychevy
MadNess,

The Enkei wheels don't come wider than a 10 inch in the rear. Not a smart choice on a Turbo or GT2. But would be nice if they did.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Volk TE37 or HRE Competition Series. Volk for the price.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
You cant go wrong with CCW for the price and custom Width's / Offsets..

+1 and the owner is a very cool guy. I called at like 8 pm central time(9 p.m. his time) expecting voicemail, he answered and we talked for a good 45 minutes about all of the different options, finishes, etc...

Great wheels.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Never understood why Porsche put 30lb wheels on a $200K car touted for it's light weight

Old 07-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
Thread revival

The Forgestar F14 is definitely an ultra light weight, and strong wheel not only for the street, but also for the track! This brand new lineup utilizes a combination of the best methods of forging and casting methods both in the same wheel. This is called Flow Form Casting, and is used by companies such as BBS and Enkei. These wheels are made to order and can be made to fit your Porsche with a large range of offsets.

Flow Form Casting is a production procedure that turns the wheel (or rim section) over a special mandrel and three hydraulic rollers using tremendous pressure. The pressure and turning then force the rim area to form against the mandrel, creating the shape and width of the rim. During Flow Forming, the rim actually "flows" down to create the full rim width. During Flow Forming, pressure applied to the cast rim actually changes its mechanical properties, so its strength and impact values become similar to those of a forged rim. That translates to up to 15% less weight when compared to a standard cast wheel.

Here are some pictures of an Techart Porsche 996 Twin Turbo with 19″ Forgestar F14 finished in piano black
Specs:
19×8.5 Front
19×11 Rear

ModBargains.com is one of the biggest authorized dealers for Forgestar Performance Wheels! If you guys have any questions at all feel free to shoot me over a PM, email me at Alan@ModBargains.com or give me a call here at 714-582-3330 x 8006!

- Alan

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 07-02-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Forgestar is IForged. Their 1pc forged wheel is not lighter then HRE Competition Series, Monoblock or CCW.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vividracing
Forgestar is IForged. Their 1pc forged wheel is not lighter then HRE Competition Series, Monoblock or CCW.
Yes, your absolutely correct that Forgestar is a sibling company of IForged. However, the Forgestar F14 is a flow form wheel not forged. This brand new lineup utilizes a combination of the best methods of forging and casting methods both in the same wheel. This is called Flow Form Casting, and is used by companies such as BBS and Enkei(Normally wheels like these should be about $2600 from BBS).

Flow Forming, pressure applied to the cast rim actually changes its mechanical properties, so its strength and impact values become similar to those of a forged wheel. That translates to up to 15% less weight when compared to a standard cast wheel. These wheels are made to order and can be made to fit your BMW with a large range of offsets.

The Forgestar F14 wheels in 18" are tested with 1520 lbs per corner and 19" 1600, over 100,000 revolution tested as well. Basically, the wheels really strong wheels, and light weight at a price that's not crazy out there!

Here's a video of the Forgestar F14 in 18" that I weighed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRaUX...layer_embedded

Feel free to PM me, email me at Alan@ModBargains.com or give me a call here at 714-582-3330 x 8006 if you have any questions at all!

- Alan

Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor
You are showing a 18" wheel weighing 18lbs? My C93 HRE's 19x8.5 weigh 19.5lbs. HRE Competition series in 18 are far lighter. For a 1pc wheel, yes that is light to be 18". But per the post, what are the lightest? I mean we could say the Volk TE37 magnesium wheels are right? But what size are we referring to, 18, 19. Track application, show application. Having had IForged on a couple of my personal cars, I can attest that for a hardcore 996TT track guy, he will probably go another route. I had Vince make me these 1pc wheels of his when they first came out for my A3. More contributions, less sale bro. To my 996TT friends, do your homework...

Last edited by vividracing; 07-02-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor
Here I'll do some of the homework for you guys in terms of wheel quality and strength !

The JWL VIA certified load rating for all 18" F14 sizes is 1520Lbs, up from 1200Lbs per wheel.

F14 WHEEL TEST DATA
STL REPORT 19x8.5 (PDF 35K)
STL REPORT 19x9.0 (PDF 35K)
STL REPORT 19x10 (PDF 35K)
STL REPORT 19x11 (PDF 35K)

What other wheel company provides you with STL test data reports?

Better yet, they're definitely track proven as well!

WAIT there's more ....
Forgestar Wheels wins 2 SEMA International Media Awards in 2009!

"A voting panel panel of editors and journalists representing 25 countries selected Forgestar Custom wheels as one of ten winning products in its category for the 2009 Global Media Award. Forgestar was awarded two awards for best new wheel product.
The SEMA Global Media Awards Program recognizes that automotive personalization and customization is growing worldwide. Though the appeal of making cars and trucks fit one’s lifestyle has strong roots in the U.S., this enthusiast attitude is universal.
SEMA introduced the awards program in 2004 and now it is a staple of the SEMA Show here in Las Vegas. The program enables SEMA member companies to get recognition in new, worldwide markets."

- Alan

Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Former Vendor
Good luck with your sweet deals... Porsche community is different.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Former Vendor
I appreciate your feedback and support it's always great to get another vendors opinions and insights.

Originally Posted by vividracing
Good luck with your sweet deals... Porsche community is different.
The main reason why were on here in the first place is to help the community out. Trust me, I've personally had a lot of Porsche customers who are also on the 6 who have actually recommended that I become a sponsor to pass on sweet deals for everyone! Sure, the Porsche community is different but isn't a "great deal" what everyone is looking for?

Let's do a comparison:
HRE 19" MSRP - $6000
Forgestar 19" MSRP - $1399

Weights .. they're pretty close
Strength pretty much the same

Both are custom and both will work for nearly all year, makes, and models.

Sure, HRE (Forged) and Forgestar (Flow Form) are both great quality wheels and I'm an authorized dealer for both product lines, but they're two different things. You cannot compare filet mignon steak to rib eye steak. The bottom line is that I'm not here to bash a product or get into an argument with another vendor on the forums. I'm here overall to help the community out!

- Alan

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 07-05-2010 at 01:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lightest/strongest track wheels?