996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lightest/strongest track wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:41 AM
earlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud of
Lightest/strongest track wheels?

Looking for opinions on the best track wheels for a GT2. Strength, weight and reasonable cost are priorities over bling. Actually, I don't really care what they look like as they'll be track only. I'd rather not put any $$$ in looks.

I haven't bought track wheels for a 996 and am a bit old school on my wheel knowledge (BBS, Fikse, volks = good lightweight track wheels). What else should I look for?

I assume 18inch tire options are still better (hoosiers)?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Quality: BBS, CCW, Fikse, Kinesis, Volk (In no particular order)

Cost: CCW, OZ, Volk (In no particular order)

Old 03-21-2010, 09:12 AM
earlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud of
Thanks HC.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:27 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I will add that there may be some problems at Fikse and Kinesis went under I think. So finding replacement wheels may be difficult for them. BBS are going to cost a GRIP!!!! Unless you can find a used set. The OZ wheels are very affordable, as are the Volks, and the Volks are crazy strong (however ugly they may be on a Porsche IMO).

CCW is the easy choice for me if you want custom widths.

New brand forgestar has gotten good reviews from track guys and is sold by forum vendors here at TERMENDOUS deals.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
CCW's

Peter

Old 03-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
CCWs are on the way for mine... Along with some Hoosiers slicks thanks to Al Norton!

Mike

Old 03-21-2010, 03:36 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
New brand forgestar has gotten good reviews from track guys and is sold by forum vendors here at TERMENDOUS deals.
Who sells Forgestar's? And I'd like to know about their deals!

Last edited by my996; 03-21-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
CCWs are on the way for mine... Along with some Hoosiers slicks thanks to Al Norton!

Mike
I got the ones with Hoosier slicks, you got the R6's on the prettier black wheels.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
+1 CCW is the all rounder winner. The below will require spacers

don't think the volks come in offsets/widths for the turbo in 18.

Enkei's NT03 +M has more offset/width options than te37. http://www.enkei.com/spec_charts/NT03+m.pdf

Or Enkei's new wheel RC T4 http://www.irs.co.jp/oversea/products/es/index.html

Last edited by Mad Ness; 03-21-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:49 PM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Volk TE37, ugly but works nice

Old 03-21-2010, 10:43 PM
MadNess,

The Enkei wheels don't come wider than a 10 inch in the rear. Not a smart choice on a Turbo or GT2. But would be nice if they did.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by my996
Who sells Forgestar's? And I'd like to know about their deals!

Auto Talent - Although good luck getting them to answer PM's and phone calls. They don't do much of that.

And Redline motorsports or something their called. If you search the name you'll see their advertisements.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:03 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
FYI, Fikse is back up and running - they were acquired by another company recently.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
You cant go wrong with CCW for the price and custom Width's / Offsets..

Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
MadNess,

The Enkei wheels don't come wider than a 10 inch in the rear. Not a smart choice on a Turbo or GT2. But would be nice if they did.
yes the NT03 in 10.5 only but the TCR4 comes in 11J

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lightest/strongest track wheels?