996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best platform for a drag car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbsteven
Ford GT

If only I had Mullet money

I know I could get a set of axles for my GT2 for 2.7K but I have heard there is a lot more involved in getting them to work.

Realistically, how much would axles run me on my car w/ everything included?

Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Wait, sean are you actually thinking about drag racing your GT2?

Where is the real Sean, and what have you done with him?

Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
a tt viper would certainly be a lot of fun.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
whatever car you pick to drag make sure there are plenty of parts available for that car. For example a Ford GT would be a not so good choice considering there are not alot of aftermarket drag type of parts for them.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Morden314 is infamous around these parts
74 Nova

A Chevy Nova is a great drag car. You can stick a HUGE motor in it, and either pile on a blower or nitrous to the max. Blow the engine? Fix it yourself easy. Narrow the rear end, the options go on and on depending on how serious you want to be.

A late model Camaro or TransAm works too but then your about the same with the Mustang. Just depends on whether you like Chevy or Ford. Go to a local drag strip, look at the rides and see what you like.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Sean with your current list of ailments this is something you might want to consider...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=909JE...eature=related

Old 03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Dj, that is awesome......

Old 03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Name:  clapping.gif
Views: 6315
Size:  2.5 KB

Old 03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Too funny!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
that's what Paulie is gonna start doing.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Yeah with Jason riding on the handle bars.Name:  coolsmiley.gif
Views: 6332
Size:  3.7 KB

Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DJ'sZ
Sean with your current list of ailments this is something you might want to consider...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=909JE...eature=related

My dear Dennis,
I will have you know that I went 11 rounds on the bags tonight w/ NO WALKER.

And the Seroquel has done an excellent job of keeping me away from my gun collection

Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
And the Seroquel has done an excellent job of keeping me away from my gun collection
Seans gun collection:Name:  guns.jpg
Views: 5317
Size:  9.8 KB

Old 03-22-2010, 07:15 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
If you're seriously considering a Supra look instead at the SC300. Cheaper and pretty much the same body with a longer wheelbase. I'd love to put my old Supra drivetrain into one or turn what's left into a drag car.

Mustang - FOX are cheap. I sold mine with a built motor, old school pro-ported TFS heads, and a rebuilt blower for a song. Kid already has it running again and I fear for his life. Honestly if I were doing a drag car I'd want a turbo though - I like turbos. I tuned on a good 347ci motor that made 1K at the wheels through a glide. He swapped mid length headers side to side, ran pipe from driver to passenger side, use a flowmaster Y pipe, mounted a good sized turbo, blew it through a air\water IC, and into a Hogans sheet metal intake that swelled under boost. Last I heard they had to turn it WAY down because he couldn't get traction even at half track and it was a tubbed built chassis.

The NOVA is a good idea if you can find one cheap. Say a 383 stroker, small turbo, and wow you're making BIG power. Don't go crazy with the boost or you'll be breaking parts from the power.

Hell a 240-280Z with a Supra motor or SBC with a good rear will fly too but is a short wheelbase so be careful. These cars are getting hard to find. 1st gen RX7 work well too

A big question is - how much tuning are you looking to do? Just want to turn key and go? Tweak the EFI between rounds? Turn wrenches? Think that through since some of these will require much more work than others. Sometimes the work is fun, other times you just wish you could drive it...

Old 03-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
This was me back in the early 90's. Built an 86 Mustang with C4 trans all motor, full 3" exhaust system w/mufflers on 10" slicks. Car was consistent 10.624 @ 125. Running 10's back then was considered fast. Now days people bracket race in the 10's. To be competitive / fast you have to be low 9's and faster. Either way for me it was boring. Build a HPDE Track car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best platform for a drag car?