996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT. Good deals on Inside Car Covers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
996TT. Good deals on Car Covers?

Any suggestions on good deals out there? Picking up new to me 996TT soon and want it covered. Cover will just be used in garage, not outside.

Last edited by NVRENUF; 03-26-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:43 PM
BOOMER7 is infamous around these parts
Wondering as well??

Old 03-27-2010, 04:55 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Covers belong on a coach. Just drive the car. If it gets durdy just wash it

Old 03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
I have this cover on my car:

http://www.autogeek.net/dustop.html

Since the car is a weekend car, i'll just wash it on Sunday, dry it, throw the cover and Battery Tender on, and it is ready for me on Friday night. The car is just perfectly washed and doesn't have any dust on it from the week from the other car going in and out of the garage all week. It also helps if the cat gets into the garage and tries to jump on the car

Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 AM
No SubstiTTute is infamous around these parts
I got the Silverguard plus from Suncoast. It is all weather. Fit is perfect. Have had it for four winters now and it is holding up excellently. They have a premium indoor cover as well. Perhaps it is even softer on the inside? Here is a link to all their covers:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/996ttwinter.html

I have a 2 stall garage and store my Turbo in the winter when the roads are salty. The outdoor cover allows me to wash my other vehicles in the adjacent stall without having to worry about a little overspray getting on the cover. I am not sure how water resistant the indoor covers are. And if needed, I can put it outside covered.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:29 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by No SubstiTTute
I got the Silverguard plus from Suncoast. It is all weather. Fit is perfect. Have had it for four winters now and it is holding up excellently. They have a premium indoor cover as well. Perhaps it is even softer on the inside? Here is a link to all their covers:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/996ttwinter.html

I have a 2 stall garage and store my Turbo in the winter when the roads are salty. The outdoor cover allows me to wash my other vehicles in the adjacent stall without having to worry about a little overspray getting on the cover. I am not sure how water resistant the indoor covers are. And if needed, I can put it outside covered.
I got the premium cover and I am extremely satisfied with it. Winter storage as well, 6 months later no dust and no cleaning required. A bit expensive but good value.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...de=996ttwinter

Attached Images  

Last edited by jpflip; 03-27-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:59 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm

Since the car is a weekend car, i'll just wash it on Sunday, dry it, throw the cover and Battery Tender on, and it is ready for me on Friday night. The car is just perfectly washed and doesn't have any dust on it from the week from the other car going in and out of the garage all week. It also helps if the cat gets into the garage and tries to jump on the car
your battery wont last from sunday until friday ?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:01 AM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by buzzm

Old 03-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by No SubstiTTute
I got the Silverguard plus from Suncoast. It is all weather. Fit is perfect. Have had it for four winters now and it is .
What is the inside of the cover like? Like a flannel, or felt? Do you feel like it is "extremely soft"? Im picky as some covers can catch dust and scratch the car. but I like the price and am thinking about it.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm

I had the dusttop on my show '64 chevelle and loved it. I couldn't remember which one it was til you gave me this link! Thanks. Im leaning towards it. Although I would really like the crest/logo.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:04 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by buzzm
Nah, it will, i just like to keep it plugged in in case I don't get to drive it for an extended period. I usually drive it almost every weekend, but this winter was rough and I didn't drive it from November until February!!

Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
No SubstiTTute is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by swchopper
What is the inside of the cover like? Like a flannel, or felt? Do you feel like it is "extremely soft"? Im picky as some covers can catch dust and scratch the car. but I like the price and am thinking about it.
I'd say it was more like a synthetic flannel, if that makes sense. The pile is thin but soft, although I would not call it extremely soft due to its lack of thickness.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:16 PM
alexmadison is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mx3Speed
Any suggestions on good deals out there? Picking up new to me 996TT soon and want it covered. Cover will just be used in garage, not outside.
I picked up a nice indoor cover (dam cat) from empire covers. the cover is much better than I expected for the price.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com