996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Do Eric and I have the worlds fastest stock-motor GT2's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
If you would bother to read the title of the thread, you will note that I was asking a question, not making a declarative statement. True a cannot claim a 143 trap or a 206 standing mile...I can only claim to have beaten a car that traps 143 and did 206.

Some people go by 60-130's...others go by 1/4 mile et's, other by track speeds. Others yet say unless you do the standing mile none of the above matter. Better yet are those who say that anyone can drive fast in a straight line, and you havn't really proven anything unless you run the road course (actually they are probably the closest to being correct).

And here in Houston, the ultimate test is to line the cars up together and run heads up. Actually, the Ultimate test was the Ultimate street car competition at the Supra Nationals which makes you run the road course, 1/4 mile, 60-130 and dyno in consecutive days. That is a much more impressive achievement, and marty and I were tied until his car was given credit for his dyno run at Todds. he placed second, I placed 3rd.

You other two didn't even have a car to speak of when I was doing the above, so really you are in no position to judge me. Kevin, congrats on the mile, but doing one event hardly makes you an authority and in a position to judge me. S-351, you especially have not really done anything except take pot shots at other people.

Fortunately, I am going to go to sleep in 20 minutes and not a second of it will be spent worrying about what the two of you think

And PS, I never "mercilessly attacked Joe", I merely pointed out, as other may point out in regards to my car, that there may be other cars as fast or faster. At that time he had a better trap and I had a better 60-130.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-29-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Kevin, congrats on the mile, but doing one event hardly makes you an authority and in a position to judge me.
Sean, I stated an opinion. For what it is worth, your statement that I have only done one event is patently false. This car has over 1K miles on the road course alone here in MI and I have always posted 60-130s and 1/4 miles when they happen as well as all data from the Pbox... that is unquestioned and you know it.... BTW, it is my SECOND mile event

Old 03-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Sean, I stated an opinion. For what it is worth, your statement that I have only done one event is patently false. This car has over 1K miles on the road course alone here in MI and I have always posted 60-130s and 1/4 miles when they happen as well as all data from the Pbox... that is unquestioned and you know it.... BTW, it is my SECOND mile event

Alrighty then...but again, how is a question about being fast presumptuous?

Presumptuous would be claiming to be the fastest....all I did was to ask if I could be compared with some of the fastest.

I may do the mile at some point.....but I will have to put a cage in my car first. To be honest, my first goal is a low 5 second 60-130.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Alrighty then...but again, how is a question about being fast presumptuous?

Presumptuous would be claiming to be the fastest....all I did was to ask if I could be compared with some of the fastest.

I may do the mile at some point.....but I will have to put a cage in my car first. To be honest, my first goal is a low 5 second 60-130.
Sean, if you are looking for a fight you know I am a willing partner for you... The point I was trying to make in my previously stated OPINION is that one performance number,60-130, is much too small a data sample to proclaim Worlds Fastest GT2 title....but hey if it makes you happy go for it. I know I have the Worlds Fastest Turbo With A Broken Differential....

Old 03-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Here is how I would have phrased it:

Originally Posted by KPG
Do I have the Worlds Fastest Turbo With A Broken Differential....
Question, not declarative statement

Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
KPG
Here is how I would have phrased it:

Question, not declarative statement
Touche.... good night Sean

Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Good night, Kevin

Old 03-30-2010, 06:08 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !

You other two didn't even have a car to speak of when I was doing the above, so really you are in no position to judge me. Kevin, congrats on the mile, but doing one event hardly makes you an authority and in a position to judge me. S-351, you especially have not really done anything except take pot shots at other people.
Sean, I was not just standing back and taking "pot shots" at you. I was agreeing with Kevin. I have been street racing for years and have beat 9.50 cars with a much lower mph with a car that runs 10.50s at a higher mph. It would be very foolish of me to make a statement thinking that I just may be faster then 9.50s. You are starting to sound like your buddy drRob. As for not having a running car. You are correct. As soon as I do, you will see Pbox numbers and numbers from the strip, as for the mile, not sure If I have big enough seeds to go as fast as the car will be able to go in the mile, but I am sure as hell will not be comparing my car to Joey G's or other fast Porsches without my own numbers to back it up. Stop being such a baby Sean, it use to be VERY entertaining to read your posts and always gave me a good laugh, but now I am starting to wonder. Just remember Sean THE INTERNET IS VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Old 03-30-2010, 01:21 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I don't know about all of this fastest in the world talk but I do have the fastest GT2 in Minnesota. Stock internals or not............

at least for another month.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:11 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
I don't know about all of this fastest in the world talk but I do have the fastest GT2 in Minnesota. Stock internals or not............

at least for another month.
Yes you do...

Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
I have the slowest/most inactive Cobra in Houston. Now that's a title worth braging about! Hasn't moved in over a year! Boooooya!

Old 03-30-2010, 04:13 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by _Zac
I have the slowest/most inactive Cobra in Houston. Now that's a title worth braging about! Hasn't moved in over a year! Boooooya!
Impressive......most impressive

Old 03-30-2010, 04:55 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
So impressive my insurance co has decided it's a storage only car lol!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 PM
I just got a call from a couple of friends I have not seen since I lived in New York (7 years ago).

Apparently the street racing video on youtube is getting lots of hits.

Interestingly, they had also heard of Jamie..."that is the guy that flew across country to race that Steel City Supra guy" they both noted.

I then asked "well surely then, since you guys are getting viral exposure to meaningless documented roll on races, then surely you have heard about the really important achievements of people like Kevin/KPG and his 215 at the Texas Mile.?"

They both said no, never heard of the guy....whats the Texas Mile?

It seems then, that in the real world where most people live, a documented street race does carry some weight

Old 03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
A documented track pass carries the most weight honestly. That's why the Outlaw 10.5" cars, Pro Mods, Top Fuel, etc.. are all shown on TV!

Sean I was calling about the CTT you have and how you like it. Call me tonight if you are still up, as I'll be up for awhile; or just give me a shout sometime tomorrow during the day when you are free.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do Eric and I have the worlds fastest stock-motor GT2's?