996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Do Eric and I have the worlds fastest stock-motor GT2's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:32 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I have been running C16 at levels the car was tuned to run on MS109. I have probably been over cautious to this point of my boost levels in regards to the fuel I have been running. I do not think the car had been run on anything but pump gas and low boost for almost two years.

I need to get some data logs off to Todd K to look at and make sure everything is good.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I run 1.5 bars, no more on C 16 (although Todd said I can run 1.6-1.7). I run 1.1 on Texas 93, no more.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:55 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
I do not think the car had been run on anything but pump gas and low boost for almost two years.

I need to get some data logs off to Todd K to look at and make sure everything is good.
Correct, I purposely turned boost down for Cavin to 1 bar on pump fuel. He did not know how to change the BC either. Plus he only put about 6-700 miles on it crusing over a couple years.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do a leak down or even a compression test when you change/inspect your plugs. Regardless, your car runs fine and has never been pushed....

Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Correct, I purposely turned boost down for Cavin to 1 bar on pump fuel. He did not know how to change the BC either. Plus he only put about 6-700 miles on it crusing over a couple years.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do a leak down or even a compression test when you change/inspect your plugs. Regardless, your car runs fine and has never been pushed....
Switzer did a leak down and checked plugs when it was at the shop.

I plan to change the oil and cut the filter apart. Pull the plugs and inspect. And I'm sure I can get another leak down done.

The car really runs flawlessly and I have no mods planned at the moment. Except a new shifter.

I think this is a testament to Todd K's work that this car runs as well as it does and has not been touched in 3+ years.