996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Do Eric and I have the worlds fastest stock-motor GT2's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Do Eric and I have the worlds fastest stock-motor GT2's?

Our race is being put on the Tx2K10 DVD, and I just got the following e-mail from K:

I'm going to make a full video, you'll see it, I'd say it's a full car length [K was responding to my question, how much did I have him by].

It'll be up shortly, I'll send you the link.

Are you 100% certain on the "Worlds fastest GT2's" I hate to title a youtube video that and have a bunch of people prove otherwise. But it'd make for a nice title!

K---

I know that guy in Bahrain has a 997GT2 that is pretty fast (Proto 3076 kit) but Eric has more verified times. And I won against him

Old 03-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Have either of you run a quicker 60-130 time than 5.49? Because that's the current record for a 996. Also, Todd K. ran 5.44 in a customer's 997GT2.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-28-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Yeah, I just checked, Gtvan has a 5.44

Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Yeah, I just checked, Gtvan has a 5.44
I think that time will be beaten very soon...

Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Here is what I recommended for the DVD/youtube "2 of the worlds fastest Gt2's"

I think everyone can live with that. And no one has matched Eric's trap and standing mile time.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:09 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I smell that Scott will be the one having the fastest GT2

Old 03-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I think that time will be beaten very soon...
I plan on also doing so but it won't be till next fall/winter.

I have gotten 2 tickets recently and the police all know me around here...fortunately I am friends with most (the head instructor of the local PD academy...which is part of the college where I teach and I judged an academic competition the other day).

We shot the **** for about 30 minutes and he gave me a heads up. Apparently my car is well know

Old 03-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I just want someone to match my numbers! It's getting boring up top! I may have to try a 2nd to 3rd gear 60-130 on my drag radials and runners. I think it'll help some that's for sure!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Here is what I recommended for the DVD/youtube "2 of the worlds fastest Gt2's"

I think everyone can live with that. And no one has matched Eric's trap and standing mile time.
Actually, the previous owner of my car trapped higher than 143 in the 1/4 mile (Markski can verify). On that note; I'll be taking my car to the dragstrip next friday, so we'll see how it goes.

But yes, Eric has the Standing Mile record...and rightfully so.

I think "2 of the world's fastest GT2s" is fair.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-29-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I plan on also doing so but it won't be till next fall/winter.

I have gotten 2 tickets recently and the police all know me around here...fortunately I am friends with most (the head instructor of the local PD academy...which is part of the college where I teach and I judged an academic competition the other day).

We shot the **** for about 30 minutes and he gave me a heads up. Apparently my car is well know
Peter holds 60-130 events throughout the year, right? I'd love to have those in my area. You guys are lucky.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
I just want someone to match my numbers! It's getting boring up top! I may have to try a 2nd to 3rd gear 60-130 on my drag radials and runners. I think it'll help some that's for sure!
Chris,

Honestly, I think it'll be a while before someone matches your numbers, since very few people have the ***** to crank their boost as high as you do.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Chris,

Honestly, I think it'll be a while before someone matches your numbers, since very few people have the ***** to crank the boost up as much a you do.
LOL! This is true LOL! AWD is coming out this week probably, so it's officially going to be RWD, and not just a driveshaft removed car!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
LOL! This is true LOL! AWD is coming out this week probably, so it's officially going to be RWD, and not just a driveshaft removed car!
Make sure you corner balance the car after you convert it. You'll love it RWD.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
There is a much faster GT2 getting finished at Evoms right now (with a similar build to Joetwint)

Old 03-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
There is a much faster GT2 getting finished at Evoms right now (with a similar build to Joetwint)
I thought of that. But it's not done yet, so it doesn't count.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do Eric and I have the worlds fastest stock-motor GT2's?