996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Atomic Z GT2 vs Dr_jitsu GT2 a better vid!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I'm the ugly guy with the beard.

I can't believe I missed third gear in the second run. We turned the boost back up to the dyno setting and were hoping to even the score. Oh well - thats how it goes.

I have to give props to Dr Jitsu for agreeing to the initial race and also agreeing to run the second race. He won the first and had nothing to gain by running again.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Eric,

Your achievements at the Supra Nats/Tx Mile and your cars overall performance outweighed one missed shift x 1,000.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Sean -

No complaints here. I am more than happy with the GT2.

I set personal best in the Z06 in both the 1/4 mile and the TX Mile. Even though I shredded a brand new tranny in the process. Calling RPM in the morning with my tuner to work that out.

The GT2 on the boost setting we dyno'd at trapped 143 mph in the 1/4. Ran 206.2 mph in the mile and during the mile run shifting out of 1st early and short shifting both 2nd & 3rd did 0-186 in 21.2 seconds and 60-130 in 5.55 secs.

All in all a great week.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:49 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Yeah, the OJ gloves were a nice touch Sean.

GT2's FTW.... Damn I miss the street scene and car stuff in general, been out of it for a while...

Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ

The GT2 on the boost setting we dyno'd at trapped 143 mph in the 1/4. Ran 206.2 mph in the mile and during the mile run shifting out of 1st early and short shifting both 2nd & 3rd did 0-186 in 21.2 seconds and 60-130 in 5.55 secs.

All in all a great week.
I really want to overlay our graphs my 0-186 time was 21.4 secs my car is a freak on the top end for some reason. My 200.9 run was a 6.25 60-130.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
I really want to overlay our graphs my 0-186 time was 21.4 secs my car is a freak on the top end for some reason. My 200.9 run was a 6.25 60-130.
I'll email you the file. I would think the car has a faster 0-186 in her but I just rolled the car off the line and and grabbed 2nd gear early and short shifted 2nd and 3rd. There just really isn't many opportunities to do a dedicated run.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:03 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Eric, that is simply amazing bud! You had an amazing 2 weeks and I couldn't be any more happy for a better guy. Congrats on setting a personal best ET/MPH on the Z and the GT2 and congrats on the GT2 dyno number as well! Lastly, congrats on the great TX Mile results! As for the 5.55......WOW!
Peter

Sean -

No complaints here. I am more than happy with the GT2.

I set personal best in the Z06 in both the 1/4 mile and the TX Mile. Even though I shredded a brand new tranny in the process. Calling RPM in the morning with my tuner to work that out.

All in all a great week.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:05 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Eric, that is simply amazing bud! You had an amazing 2 weeks and I couldn't be any more happy for a better guy. Congrats on setting a personal best ET/MPH on the Z and the GT2 and congrats on the GT2 dyno number as well! Lastly, congrats on the great TX Mile results! As for the 5.55......WOW!
Peter
You nailed it Peter. Eric is a great guy and deserves it for sure.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:09 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
For Gods sake please stop all the butt kissing.

Eric great car.period

Old 04-01-2010, 07:17 AM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
We love you too Paulie..

Now that I'm done distracting you, and chris has cranked your boost up lets go get some numbers from your car!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Peter
Peter - Thanks. You are a true friend and an ultimate car guy. I would come to TX2K even if I didn't have a car just to hang with you and enjoy the atmosphere of the whole event. See you next March unless I come down for the October Mile.

Originally Posted by bmoores
You nailed it Peter. Eric is a great guy and deserves it for sure.
Ben - Thanks again for the help at the mile and running down race gas in Houston. Let me know if you think you will make it up here in May.

Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
For Gods sake please stop all the butt kissing.

Eric great car.period
Paulie - We all love you man.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I seriously need to get some help!

Took the M3 out tonight with no intention of exceeding any posted speed limits. I was pulling on to the the exact spot on the Mexican 59 where we had our fun and a Corvette was right on my ***. I pulled over to the HOV lane and as soon as I did he hit it and pulled even with me. It was as if some Demon possessed me because I have sworn off all street racing I shifted down into third and banged the car through 3rd, 4th and 5th putting a solid 5 lengths on the C 6. Suddenly my radar started going crazy and I saw up on the Horizon what looked like THE VERY POLICE SUV (A TAHOE) THAT PULLED ME OVER THE OTHER NIGHT.

I shut down hard and fortunately it was just a regular black SUV broken down on the side of the road.

I am now actively searching for some kind of twelve step program because apparently I just do not have the ability to say no to a roll on.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:52 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
[quote=AtomicZ;2784353]I'm the ugly guy with the beard. quote]

That's not true...(at least I don't remember you having a beard)

Old 04-01-2010, 08:00 PM
[quote=ttboost;2788176]
I'm the ugly guy with the beard. quote]

That's not true...(at least I don't remember you having a beard)
I let myself go back in November and grew a grizzly adams beard and let my hair get semi-long. I had trimmed it up and had a haircut when I went to TX.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:36 PM
1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !
^^^ that is true... when you came to my work the other day, couldn't believe you were soo shaggy looking. LOL

its spring now, shave that **** off!!! HAHAHA

Aj

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atomic Z GT2 vs Dr_jitsu GT2 a better vid!