996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Compliments to FVD, Thanks Evan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 07:55 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Compliments to FVD, Thanks Evan

These guys deserve a pat on the back. I bought a roll bar from Evan and didn't install it in my car until a month or so later. When I went to install it, and removed the wrapping, you could see it was bent.

I placed a damage claim with Fed Ex and they rejected it because I couldn't prove they damaged it. Boo on Fed Ex, how the hell am I supposed to notice damage on a roll bar wrapped in foam? Bad on Fed Ex.

So, I ordered another bar because I needed it in a hurry. FVD shipped right away and I installed it. It took a while, but FVD stepped up and credited me back for the first bar. They were honest and admitted they should have shipped it on a pallet, and that they had had previous problems. They could have left me holding the bag and they didn't.

So, kudos to FVD, I will feel very comfortable buying from them in the future. Nice customer service.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:52 AM
zwodubber is infamous around these parts
Well I have to ask, If a rollbar was bent during shipping, how well is it going to hold up in any sort of crash once installed? What bar was it? Thumbs up to FVD for stepping up and crediting you though.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:56 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Thats great to hear. Hey, mistakes happen, and as long as the customer is happy in the end, the merchant did the right thing!

Zwodubber: Good Question.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:06 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Originally posted by zwodubber
Well I have to ask, If a rollbar was bent during shipping, how well is it going to hold up in any sort of crash once installed? What bar was it? Thumbs up to FVD for stepping up and crediting you though.
Kudos to FVD!

Regarding the roll bar strength, an unconnected rollbar, with 4 free legs, could easily be subjected to bending (flexural) loads that it would not normally see in its properly installed use (compression). These flexural loads, due to shipping neglect by the carrier, most certanly were not taken into account in the bar's design.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Dead on Ken, one of the legs was bent in, and this is something the bar would see very little of when installed. It was a tequipment bar.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Evan and FVD get a big thumbs up here as well. Terrific to work with.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:02 AM
zwodubber is infamous around these parts
Thanks Ken, that makes perfect sense. I wasn't taking into account all the factors that you mentioned. Once it's bolted down, the structure becomes solid.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
EVAN and BRIAN SUCK!!!!!! J/k guys, You always take care of me. Thanks.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:44 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Hi Tim,
You are most welcome!! I try my best!! Thank you for posting this, it means a lot to me When I get a letter/phone call/post about someone happy with me and the product I sell it reminds me why I try so hard!! Also we have lost our battle with FedEx as well and we are going to need the bar back. Bryan is going to setup a call tag and everything and he will give you a call to set it up!!

Orli, you get bad service because we hate you, plain and simple JUST KIDDIN . No, really, you get good service because we know if there is ever a Tsunami here we will need you for a raft
Evan
PS-

Old 01-07-2005, 02:02 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Evan has been great answering all my questions!!! He even tried to meet me when I went to Fl last thanksgiving! Ordered the mats from him and I am very happy!

Old 01-07-2005, 02:52 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Evan,
Love the new avatar!

Old 01-07-2005, 03:40 PM
tuner is infamous around these parts
[i]

Orli, you get bad service because we hate you, plain and simple JUST KIDDIN . No, really, you get good service because we know if there is ever a Tsunami here we will need you for a raft
Evan
PS- [/B]
I love it! He is learning!
Orli

Last edited by tuner; 01-07-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:20 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
I have nothing but good things to say about FVD. Evan has always been prompt in attention to what ever issue or idea I have had concerning my car. Keep up the good word!!

Old 01-07-2005, 06:34 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
HAHA, hey I have been working for FVD for over a year now, you tend to learn these things

Thanks again to everyone who posted Where are all the ones a screwed over??
Evan
PS-Thanks Ken

Old 01-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
RAFT!!!! OK you better pray we never have a Tidal Wave or you will be doing the backstroke.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Compliments to FVD, Thanks Evan