996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Softronic Durametric Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
dus10r is infamous around these parts
Softronic Durametric Question

I was under the impression that a Durametric cable (both the pro and enthusiast) could be used to download and reflash a Softronic tune. I just attempted to do the download of the map that's on my car and the Softronic software told me that the cable wasn't compatible.
I called Softronic and spoke with some lady that didn't sound so sure about the info. she was spilling; and she said that "used to be" able to use the Durametric cable and then they changed it. Then I called Vivid and they said that I should be able to use it. So I tried again and...nope! So... if anyone wants to know... you can't. You have to wait for their stupid cable. Bummer...

Old 04-01-2010, 06:47 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
not true..!!I have recently purchased softronic flash for my car and i was able to reflash my car with my durametric cable.
All you have to do to ask softronic (vivid) to activate your cable.
Your cable have to be activated to do flash!!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Once you place the order with us, you have to do a fail attempt read which you have done by your 1st post. We then tell Softronic to activate that cable that goes with your paid order. If you dont have an order in with us, you cant use your cable. So call me to order.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Softronic does not generally activate any cables. Should you want a Softronic flash then you would have to contact us or one of our Dealers. The file would have to be purchased as we do not allow just any cable to be used on our server.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 AM
lilindienplaya is infamous around these parts
I found this thread doing a search but my question is the other way around. I got my cable from Vivid with my softronic tune, can I use this cable to to clear codes with the durametric software? I keep getting a cable error

Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
To use Durametric, you need to go to www.durametric.com and download the software.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
i did, i downloaded version 6 beta

Old 02-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
contact me directly for assistance. 4809663040 x222

Old 02-16-2012, 10:17 AM
just add your info in your next response, im the one that's emailing you on the Softronic tunes redline and the BRV install

Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
ah... gotcha.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:47 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Mine worked like a charm 3 years ago when I got it. No issues.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Once you place the order with us, you have to do a fail attempt read which you have done by your 1st post. We then tell Softronic to activate that cable that goes with your paid order. If you dont have an order in with us, you cant use your cable. So call me to order.
I got the Softronic and durametric cable from Vivid. Great customer support and no problems with the uploads or downlowns. Works with the Durametric software also.