996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sharky's EVO is a real POS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 08:30 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Sharky's EVO is a real POS

So I took my car into Akkurat to get some "work done" yesterday. Instead of getting a nice Boxster loaner like at Carlsen Porsche, I was handed the keys to Sharky's white EVO infront of the dumpster. I had a sales mtg to go to and I'm thinking do I really want to show up as a Ricer and ruin my image? No way. So I decide to head downtown and hang out at Starbucks for awhile.

Start the car and of course the stereo's blasting some white-trash music. Row the shifter, good, it's not a ghey-tip at least. Blip the throttle. ****, just one note. BLAHHHH. So I BLAHHH my way to 101, took the on ramp, turn the wheel ever so slightly, and the car feels like it's about to make a U-turn for me.
Hey, I'm not done telling you to turn yet. Who's the boss here? Damn it.

3/4 way thru onramp, gun it for the straight, and BLABALAOAAAAHHH all the way to the next exit, my favorite, the Willow road right-left-right chicane. Alright, this time I'm going to be the boss. Flick the wheel and damn it, it beat me to the turn again! This POS just love to draw S's on the road. The turn-in is ridiculously fast.

No, the car's not for me. When I picked up my kids from the train station in the POS, my daughter gave me a disgusting look and said, "Dad, you're not 18 and wipe that grin off your face.".

I nearly drove off the ramp after I got back into my car. The response is order of magnitude slower in the TT.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:40 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts

Old 01-08-2005, 08:53 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
we just picked up an EVO RS. it's super fun to drive. Really unbelievable for a 28k sedan.

extensive modifications to follow....

Old 01-08-2005, 10:33 PM
jajo is infamous around these parts
My brother has a white Evo. I love that thing

Old 01-08-2005, 10:40 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
thats pretty funny....

Old 01-08-2005, 11:10 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Haha Collin, that's a funny *** write up man Next time you come I'll give you the other loaner. The XJR-boat... 420hp, 430 foot pounds of V8 blowing lack of traction fun...

Guess what James and I did today? We removed the wing. I got sick and tired of lookng in my rear view mirror and thinking someone was following me. It's only got 300 to the wheels (370 crank) but it's pretty light at 3100 pounds and I always seem to have fun in it when there's no traffic. I really started to understand why they do so well at the Auto-Xs and of course on the track.

Old 01-08-2005, 11:27 PM
6spd, 2wheels, 600cc x2
Thundarr is infamous around these parts
I drive a 5spd 01 Nissan 2WD pre-runner type truck every day ... so when I got to drive my friend Nelson's EVO VIII I had a real blast. I didnt even really get to open it up and the clutch was much different than im used to.

Another friend of mine, Tyler, works up at the tuning place for Lancers, WORKS ... if im not mistaken you have or are going to get some stuff from them Sharky ??

Old 01-09-2005, 12:34 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Sharky: do you guys make that much profit? How can you have those cars as loaner? The porsche dealership here only has a boxster for loaner and if the boxster is out, we get Ford

Old 01-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by sharkster

Guess what James and I did today? We removed the wing. I got sick and tired of lookng in my rear view mirror and thinking someone was following me.
Yea. That's a good thing to do. Every time I look over my shoulder I'm saying who the F*CK is on my tail. Oh, it's the car's own tail. Damn annoying especially when I'm fooled three times in a row

I know what you mean by auto-X. That thing makes me feel like I'm doing the moguls on a ski slope.

It's stupendous fun for $30k or less. I can only imagine what it's like on loose dirt WRC style!

Old 01-09-2005, 10:45 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Well hopefully Akkurat will have a new 700HP Monster as a loaner ;-)

Old 01-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by fredttx50
Well hopefully Akkurat will have a new 700HP Monster as a loaner ;-)
That's right! Reserve that for special customers

When are u going to change your call sign to FredRS6?

Old 01-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
HOLLY SMOKES!!!! Collin did another Mod on his TT???? He is out of control!!!! That makes 2 mods so far?

Old 01-09-2005, 08:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Itzkirb
HOLLY SMOKES!!!! Collin did another Mod on his TT???? He is out of control!!!! That makes 2 mods so far?

He's gonna be faster than U tho . He got some baileys and FR6s to go with his stage UNO

Old 01-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Hey Alex/George,

I'll trade you a loaner car for loaner car,

now that 700hp car is available ;-)

Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Brian Haske
Hey Alex/George,

I'll trade you a loaner car for loaner car,

now that 700hp car is available ;-)
Done wait till you see what I can do with the CGT...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sharky's EVO is a real POS