996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Newbie Re-Flash Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:00 PM
charleedog is infamous around these parts
Question Newbie Re-Flash Question...

Hey guys,

Long story short, my local P dealer must've reset the car's ECU during a recent service (which involved an engine out repair).

The previous owner had upgraded the car with GMG's Stage 2 package, which included a GIAC flash, and I intended to keep it that way.

I have the switch loader (Valet, Stock, Kill, etc.), but it doesn't seem to communicate with the ECU. The lights just blink, indicating that there's no connection to the car's computer.

I asked the prev. owner if there was a PIN code, and he said there wasn't. Hence my belief that the GIAC mapping has been wiped out.

Does this mean I need to have the car dynoed again and re-flashed by a tuner?

Or can my little switch thing do that if I can somehow get it to make a "connection"?

Any insight would be most appreciated...

Thanks

-Chris

Old 04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Cal GMG, Fabryce will help you out.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:16 PM
giac

Thanks Duane, just did that.

I need to ship my ECU down to them from Canada.

Ugh... Ah well.

The car is throwing random codes and CEL's inconsistently. I suspect that it doesn't know what to make of the intercooler, intake, larger turbos and exhaust system that are part of the GMG Stage 2 package.

Just for "fun" I'm also going to get the vacuum system & boost pressure tested to check for leaks - as well as check the fuel system.

Getting really tired of the yellow CEL.

Take care

-Chris

Old 04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
they probably wiped it out.. chances are you may have to fork out cash for another one...
the cels are probably 02s related as most flashed ecus disconnect the post 02s so they do not throw cels with 100 cell cat exhaust...
good luck
mark

Originally Posted by charleedog
Thanks Duane, just did that.

I need to ship my ECU down to them from Canada.

Ugh... Ah well.

The car is throwing random codes and CEL's inconsistently. I suspect that it doesn't know what to make of the intercooler, intake, larger turbos and exhaust system that are part of the GMG Stage 2 package.

Just for "fun" I'm also going to get the vacuum system & boost pressure tested to check for leaks - as well as check the fuel system.

Getting really tired of the yellow CEL.

Take care

-Chris

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
That makes sense, Mark - appreciate the insight.

Can't wait until she's back in action, we've had some awesome weather here lately :-)

Cheers

-Chris