996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A big step down the slippery slope

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
So you picked up actual garrett 3071s or Tial direct replacement turbos... if you have actual gt3071s then your in for big surprise... not only do you need custom headers, oil lines, water lines, but also custom cnc fab work to the catch can as well as a some sort of backpalte to hold the turbo tot he hanging bracket... etc etc... not to mention the pain in the AAsss it is to bend the return breather catch can return line meanwhile the waterlines are next to it...
you might even have to reflange the coldside housing to fit some sort of intercooler piping..
here is what I do just to fit a garrett turbo... its a lot of work but possible...
good luck,
markski

Sweet! Thanks for putting up the pics Mark!

Old 04-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
Taken from Al's forsale add.

Tial hybrid turbos. K24 turbines with Garrett GT3071 compressors. Special adaptors to work with your standard oil lines. Driver's side compressor has been clocked around about 90 degrees with special hard piping and silicone sleeves. All will couple to your standard intercoolers. Compressor outlet sizes are standard size. Compressor inlets are much larger and will require a silicone adaptor.

Since you are buying alot of the parts Al Norton had forsale it may be worth talking to him about suporting mods and what he found worked well.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
waymegelli is a jewel in the roughwaymegelli is a jewel in the roughwaymegelli is a jewel in the roughwaymegelli is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Neil A
Taken from Al's forsale add.

Tial hybrid turbos. K24 turbines with Garrett GT3071 compressors. Special adaptors to work with your standard oil lines. Driver's side compressor has been clocked around about 90 degrees with special hard piping and silicone sleeves. All will couple to your standard intercoolers. Compressor outlet sizes are standard size. Compressor inlets are much larger and will require a silicone adaptor.

Since you are buying alot of the parts Al Norton had forsale it may be worth talking to him about suporting mods and what he found worked well.
Neil - Thanks for posting the original ad - after I purchased the turbos, Al edited it and removed the description. Yes, I have asked Al about his experience and he's given me some excellent input, but I figure the more the better, so I made this post. I haven't had much feedback about injectors and Al has a set of Porsche Motorsport Bosch injectors available. Do I need them?

Old 04-19-2010, 02:46 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
if you have stock injectors in there now yes you will deffinately need them.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Don't just buy any injector. Commit to a tuner that will be able set you up the right way

With those turbos a set of ics are a must. Injectors too

Let me know if I can help. I have all of the above.
Mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Just call Mark! If nothing else to hear what he has to say. He knows his stuff and knows how to do it right while on a budget. The pics of the products are his design, from his testing, and are of the highest quality geared for pure performance.
Great stuff from a great guy!