996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What are your corner weights? Plus the truth about Turbo weight loss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
What are your corner weights? Plus the truth about Turbo weight loss

What corner weight numbers are you seeing? (with and w/o driver)

Weightloss on my car:
- 2WD conversion (front diff, main shaft, half shafts)
- Rotec seats
- Afterhours exhaust w metal core racecats
- Rear seat delete
- Rear wiper delete
- Odyssey 925 battery
- GT2 decklid conversion
- Spare and tools
- CCW wheels 9x18 and 12x18

Weight added:
+ GMG Roll-cage (appr 40 lbs)
+ Racing harness (appr 10 lbs incl fastening points)

Total weight with 75% fuel level: 3349 lbs.
Total weight with 25% fuel level (= losing 32 liters) appr 3280 lbs.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Thanks for documenting all the weight loss/gain for the weight weenies!

I'm sure all those changes added up to one different driving experience for you, and hope that it's in a good way!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:50 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Hmmm. Disheartening. Did you weigh it before you started the weight loss mods?

Old 04-16-2010, 04:01 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
Hmmm. Disheartening. Did you weigh it before you started the weight loss mods?
Yeah totally...!! Yet they put in some impressive laptimes.

Unfortunately I did not weight it before, but doing a backwards calculation using numbers I weighed (wheels, battery, exhaust) and numbers from the weightloss thread, it shows how heavy these are. It has been weighed on a different set of scales about 2 months ago and those showed the same numbers.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Thanks for documenting all the weight loss/gain for the weight weenies!

I'm sure all those changes added up to one different driving experience for you, and hope that it's in a good way!
It is indeed sooooo much more alive to drive.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:08 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Yeah totally...!! Yet they put in some impressive laptimes.

Unfortunately I did not weight it before, but doing a backwards calculation using numbers I weighed (wheels, battery, exhaust) and numbers from the weightloss thread, it shows how heavy these are. It has been weighed on a different set of scales about 2 months ago and those showed the same numbers.

I'm baffled, as I have about the same weight loss mods as you and I seem to have started where you are now???!!! Maybe my car is not as light as I think it is?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by ttboost
I'm baffled, as I have about the same weight loss mods as you and I seem to have started where you are now???!!! Maybe my car is not as light as I think it is?
It'd be cool to know some other true weights.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Mine:
LF: 780
LR: 1142
RF: 743
RR: 1102

Full weight - AWD - truly a porker.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
I know my car is 3416 wit 1/4 tank of gas and everything in it. I'm planning on conversion to rwd, spare+ tools and sub out. I'll throw it all on the scale and keep track.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:10 PM
It'd be cool to know some other true weights.

I weighed my car at the track on the track scale. (yeah, I know) I also weighed most everything that came out of my car. The only things I didn't weight were the exhaust (new) and the clutch. Found those on the weight thread. I seemed to have removed 250lbs or so and the track scale has me at 3150 (3340 with me), and the car weighs 3490 stock, so it seems correct?

Old 04-17-2010, 03:43 PM
My guess is that the cage is 40kg and not 40lbs. Then we're closer a match. My car has navi, bose w sub and cd changer too and the sub sat in the car when it was weighed.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:02 PM
My guess is that the cage is 40kg and not 40lbs. Then we're closer a match. My car has navi, bose w sub and cd changer too and the sub sat in the car when it was weighed.

I have a Tequipment roll bar (13lbs) and my sub is out too (12lbs). No Nav and changer for me.