996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Oh crap, it's time!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Yes they are.. As i read the rules, the car must have above 140 treadwear tires that can make it thru the full event.. That gives a slight advantage to the AWD car for sure i would think.. Will be interesting to see how things pan out..

Mike

I noticed this is not the same GT2 that won 5 in a row right? A different one. What AWD competitive cars is there right now aside from the GTR?

Old 05-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
I noticed this is not the same GT2 that won 5 in a row right? A different one. What AWD competitive cars is there right now aside from the GTR?
Different car as far as i know.. Competitive AWD cars?? only the 996 or 997tt is all i can think of besides GTR.. An Evo could do well I believe also..

Old 05-01-2010, 04:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
This should stir things up a bit.. Here is some lap times today @ 1 lap of America.. All with Pro Drivers.. Gt2>GTR today.. 3 Seconds is quite the Beating.. Nice to see the GTR beating the Z06s though.. LOL
Aren't you forgetting to mention something?...that GT-R already beat the same GT2 in 2009:

1 Nissan GT-R SSGT1 BB 5215 Points
Steven Rankins, Will Taylor

2 Porsche 996 GT2 SSGT1 BB 5010 Points
Peter Lier, Ian Stewart

3 BMW M3 SSGT1 SB 4960 Points
Catesby Jones, Jose Collado

Last edited by bbywu; 05-01-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Aren't you forgetting to mention something?...that GT-R already beat the same GT2 in 2009:

Peter Lier, Ian Stewart

Its my opinion that you have something prove every year not just because you won last year makes you exempt.. if the car runs as expected i have my $$ on Leh in the Gt2.. I dont see Leh Keen in last years driver lineup.. Well see how it plays out..

** EDIT.. you beat me to it and edited your post before i replied.. LOL

Old 05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Its my opinion that you have something prove every year not just because you won last year makes you exempt...
I completely agree...however, I just thought it was worth mentioning since you brought out this years ongoing results...the GT-R is definitely capable of taking on the GT2.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
I completely agree...however, I just thought it was worth mentioning since you brought out this years ongoing results...the GT-R is definitely capable of taking on the GT2.
I dont EVER doubt the GTR, the car is amazing.. The Gt2 has 1 of the fastest drivers I have seen so we will see if he can pull it off..

Mike

Old 05-01-2010, 04:38 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
You would be SHOCKED at how fast a properly set up 996 GT2 is.. Really, it's a massively fast Car once you get the suspension geometry sorted out.. PLUS it's a 3150 lb Car... The last Laguna Seca event, I was consistently 4 seconds a lap faster than pro driven GT3's and GT3RS cars.. the GTR's at the event were not even in the running...

The 996 GT2 is the last of the non-electronic nanny Cars, where the driver is the real difference... you want to drive it well, hard and fast? you had better be a REALLY good driver.. That's the appeal of it..

Last edited by 80shilling; 05-03-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:42 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

Peter Lier, Ian Stewart

That is not the same GT2.....

Peter and Ian are not in the One Lap this year.

There car beat the GT-R on more road courses than not, and didn't have nearly as much hp or mods on it.

This GT2 does. And it has Leh Keen at the wheel.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:43 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
You would be SHOCKED at how fast a properly set up 996 GT2 is.. Really, it's a massively fast Car once you get the suspension geometry sorted out.. PLUS it's a 3150 lb Car... The last Laguna Seca event, I was consistently 4 seconds a lap faster then pro driven GT3's and GT3RS cars.. the GTR's at the event were not even in the running...

The 996 GT2 is the last of the non-electronic nanny Cars, where the driver is the real difference... you want to drive it well, hard and fast? you had better be a REALLY good driver.. That's the appeal of it..

Well said!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
Some inside info I have is that the GTR already ate a spark plug on day 1.. Seems they are pushing the car near its limit to keep up.. Well see what happens from here.. All we can do is root for the Gt2 right??

Mike

Old 05-01-2010, 07:33 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Wait a minute!!!

I know I'm NOT the only one who saw the Ultima GT-R with that 8min+ time (along with the F430, an STi beating a BMW E90 M3, etc...

There seems to be a WIDE range in the ability of drivers.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Wait a minute!!!

I know I'm NOT the only one who saw the Ultima GT-R with that 8min+ time (along with the F430, an STi beating a BMW E90 M3, etc...

There seems to be a WIDE range in the ability of drivers.
Well the 1-4 spots have PRO Drivers so we are about to see who is who soon..

GTR needs to keep all 6 plugs firing to have a chance..

Mike

Old 05-02-2010, 07:44 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ Meh..., plugs are a crutch.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
cooler plugs

Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Defending Champs in One Lap all but eliminated........ Two DNF's today. That's enough to be game over in the One Lap, especially with the Top Speed GT2 dominating all of the road course events. If they don't have a DNF or a failure they will win.

Surprised the Vette's aren't more competitive with Danny Popp on one team (Unless they are sharing the driving duties since it's not Danny's car). If that is the case, don't be surprised if a bunch of speed comes from nowhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oh crap, it's time!!