996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Oh crap, it's time!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:02 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Thank you guys for the nice comments!

I never thought a GTR was faster then my 'old' 911, after doing a few 'minor corrections' that shoulod have been done from the factory. Nor do i think so now.
Flash and exhuast takes me to the power level a GTR puts out. So in my point of view its an even match. Their is a member who accepted my offer to go at it at a real track, of course i'm going to take him up on it. I will be surprised, with true honesty--- if he beats me. Most of my mods are OEM parts or options that were offered in europe for our cars.

997ssk
Straight pipes using OEM cats.
996 GT2 Control arms
997 GT3 brake ducs
Ruf springs
996 GT3 seats
UMW flash

Hopefully getting some MBarts rear dog bones soon, along with a GT2 top to remove the sunroof.

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 04-26-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
That video is OLD NEWS..

They are actually already as quick or quicker than the 996/997 & faster Im pretty sure.. 9.6's @ 150+.. Dont be fooled the car is VERY FAST.. Its only 2 years old too.. They will be in the 8's @ 160 in street trim.. Something i dont see happening with a 996 or 997 anytime soon.. Maybe the PDK has hope..

Either way Congrats to the Porsche.. Nice to see it come out on top in the Battle!!!

Mike
Mike,

If it was in the high eight's it would be just above 170 mph. I also believe you will see a 996tt bettering 160 mph in the quarter very soon.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:10 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
That video is OLD NEWS..

They are actually already as quick or quicker than the 996/997 & faster Im pretty sure.. 9.6's @ 150+.. Dont be fooled the car is VERY FAST.. Its only 2 years old too.. They will be in the 8's @ 160 in street trim.. Something i dont see happening with a 996 or 997 anytime soon.. Maybe the PDK has hope..

Either way Congrats to the Porsche.. Nice to see it come out on top in the Battle!!!

Mike
Mike, I haven't seen any video track times that have this car breaking 10 yet. Of course, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. If so, there are very, very, few that can; I would guess less than 5 in the country. Regardless, if you pit an 800 lb gorilla vs 800 lb gorilla (modded to bejesus), my money is on the P car, straight line acceleration, track/road course, braking and reliability.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 04-26-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Here's a link to that thread:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39584
Some funny stuff going on over there. I think you kind of pissed them off

just read the thread. Man the level of ignorance there is unbelievable. A bunch of gamers who bought their dream video car.

1st point - one idiot writes "the 996 is just a boxster" Gotta love that level of stupidity. lol.

they truly believe that the GTR did the Nurburgring in Nissan stated time...lol. Then it gets it's *** handed to it in most comparos. I knew this show was going to stir hell. I love it. A nearly stock 996tt beats a GTR. The GTR has special made tires that are not available on our cars. The GTR has the great shifting and launching trans...And it managed to beat the 996tt by maybe 2 cars in the eighth? lol...That difference is due more to shifting of manual than anything else.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
That video is OLD NEWS..

Mike
uhhh 9ff turbo ran 9.5 and 160 mph. You may be right but it hasn't happened yet. And the durability surely won't be in that trans when they are blowing transmissions left and right. 7k brakes. C'mon. But if we want dragsters there are better cars. On the track that big pig won't last long. Damm thing is nearly as heavy as an M5.

oh and the pdk turbo has already crushed the best stock GTR times, proving that the GTR's performance was all due to the trans nothing else. We've been all over this before.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:39 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Great effort Enrique!!

It takes real ***** to go out there and compete in front of the world!!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:42 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Meanwhile... The GTR guys are devouring their driver for making the GTR look bad!!

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39584

Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Mike, I haven't seen any video track times that have this car breaking 10 yet. Of course, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. If so, there are very, very, few that can; I would guess less than 5 in the country. Regardless, if you pit an 800 lb gorilla vs 800 lb gorilla (modded to bejesus), my money is on the P car, straight line acceleration, track/road course, braking and reliability.
Actually 3 cars have run 9s already.. 10s is very old news.. They are running 10's with Tune, Intake and Exhaust.. There are 20 of those already.. its a SUPERIOR straight line car no way to argue that.. Its less than 2 years old not 9..

1 SPE 9.62 @ 149.80 Best trap speed of 150.65 R
2 SPE Hing 9.84 @ 148.40 Best trap speed of 148.42
3 AMS DragoGT-R 9.89@ 146.96 R
4 Jotech 10.06@139.49
5 SSP/ HP logic Fiske GTS 10.23@ 136.02 R
6 V8 Killer 10.31 @ 131.75 R
7godzila2009 10.36 E85
8JOTECH 10.376 @ 134.230 R
9SSP/ HP logic sleepdoc 10.41 R OEM Tires
10JohnTurbo 10.47@132 R

TUNE

1 sleepdoc 10.66 @ 132.41
2 godzila2009 10.700 @ 131.78
3FatNSlo 10.703 @ 132.46
4 celsius 10.80 @ 129.3 MPH E85
5 Goodwood 10.856 @130.440
6 VEGASGTR 10.85 @ 129.16
72jz-gtr 10.871 @ 127.640
8 tester 10.880 @ 129.25
9 houstonT 10.89@132.43
10Fiske GTS 10.92 @129.33
11 jason427 10.95@126.79
12Crazybob 10 .957 @ 124.690
13 HybridMT 10.967 @ 128.69

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; 04-26-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Mike,

If it was in the high eight's it would be just above 170 mph. I also believe you will see a 996tt bettering 160 mph in the quarter very soon.
Not at all.. Its AWD.. I have run 8s at 156 in an Evo.. 8.9 @ 160-165 is what they will run..

Mike

Old 04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Im not saying the Pcar is inferior Im just saying dont be Naive.. As far as all around unfortunately my $$ is on the GTR still.. Straight line they have us covered already and so far i have seen a Street GTR running 2:19 in Sebring.. it takes a HEAVILY Modified GT3 to run that time with a GREAT driver.. This was just a decent Driver in a GTR that i have watched run 2:19 myself..

The 1 thing the Porsche has COVERED is reliability.. The GTR has issues but its 80k new not 140k.. For what it is the car is BEYOND impressive..

Mike

Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
The GTR's I have seen at the track don't get more than 4-5 good laps in at TWS before running into cooling issues and it is not even into the 80's yet here in Houston. The Brass Monkey guys are having all sorts of issues with their GTR's with brakes and tranny temps. Tell the Dallas guy we can run at Eagle's Canyon, Cresson or TWS - his choice 10 laps. I'll bring a 25 year old Porsche and some soothing baby wipes for him.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by eclou
The GTR's I have seen at the track don't get more than 4-5 good laps in at TWS before running into cooling issues and it is not even into the 80's yet here in Houston. The Brass Monkey guys are having all sorts of issues with their GTR's with brakes and tranny temps. Tell the Dallas guy we can run at Eagle's Canyon, Cresson or TWS - his choice 10 laps. I'll bring a 25 year old Porsche and some soothing baby wipes for him.
HAHA, thats the the truth.. They need seem serious modding for the long sessions compared to the out of the box beatings the 911 can take..

Mike

Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Mike,

Don't get me wrong, but I can careless for straight line speed aka drag racing. When i think of Porsche i think turns. That is what i'm after. ChrisN had a modded GTR and lapped i forgot what time at my local track. From his impressions he said the GTR is very easy to drive at the limit vs a Porsche. Even though I had far less mods back then. I was still a good 3 seconds faster then him in a 2.3 mile road course. Also please take into perspective that Road & Track said they lapped this track at 2:12 stock. I managed 2:07 stock with a passanger. Goes to show that driver is everything. I can careless if that person is a pro driver, no one knows my car better then myself. Porsche puts ****ty alingments into their road cars, and pro drivers drive them and cant extract the potential out of them. Trust me, i have been there. I have raced among several pro drivers in karting, and i beat them. I just dont boast here about my credentials of my driving ability. The Forum Wars track was slipper because a lot of dust. But even in a clean track, i really doubt a GTR will touch my 911 in the twisties, be it back roads, or track. I think you and I talked about it a few months ago, and i told you to wait for this show. Even though i was driving as i was drunk, because of lack of sleep. I still accomplished what i went to do. Win the road course. Yes I had R comps. Adam brought it up, and asked me if it was okay if he used some that another vehicle had there that would fit his car perfect. I said go right ahead, i don't care. Although, the GTR has proven not to lap faster with R888. Taken straight from the gtr forums.

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 04-26-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Mike,

Don't get me wrong, but I can careless for straight line speed aka drag racing. When i think of Porsche i think turns. That is what i'm after. ChrisN had a modded GTR and lapped i forgot what time at my local track. From his impressions he said the GTR is very easy to drive at the limit vs a Porsche. Even though I had far less mods back then. I was still a good 3 seconds faster then him in a 2.3 mile road course. Also please take into perspective that Road & Track said they lapped this track at 2:12 stock. I managed 2:07 stock with a passanger. Goes to show that driver is everything. I can careless if that person is a pro driver, no one knows my car better then myself. Porsche puts ****ty alingments into their road cars, and pro drivers drive them and cant extract the potential out of them. Trust me, i have been there. I have raced among several pro drivers in karting, and i beat them. I just dont boast here about my credentials of my driving ability. The Forum Wars track was slipper because a lot of dust. But even in a clean track, i really doubt a GTR will touch my 911 in the twisties, be it back roads, or track. I think you and I talked about it a few months ago, and i told you to wait for this show. Even though i was driving as i was drunk, because of lack of sleep. I still accomplished what i went to do. Win the road course. Yes I had R comps. Adam brought it up, and asked me if it was okay if he used some that another vehicle had there that would fit his car perfect. I said go right ahead, i don't care. Although, the GTR has proven not to lap faster with R888. Taken straight from the gtr forums.
I agree 100%.. I prefer to drive my Porsche on a Track with 17 turns vs 1320ft of straight line.. I was just trying to make people aware of what the car has accomplished already so we all dont look naive to the fact that the GTR straightline performance is superior to ours..

You outdrove him plain as day on the road course.. So again, CONGRATS to you.. From what i have seen from the GTR at our local track Sebring 2:19 is pretty freakin fast for a car that is a street car.. I havent really seen a Gt3 run those times with just a regular driver at any of the events i have attended.. The GTR was tailing an F430 race car on slicks and he was on Rcomps.. Again just an isolated car i have seen in person but its no slouch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXWkzvGRc34

Mike

Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 PM
JohnD.211 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Nice showing

The drag race was a lost cause..unless the GT-R were to eat it's own tranny on launch.

Congratulations.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oh crap, it's time!!