996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Oh crap, it's time!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaha hahahahahahahahahahahaahha

where's steve millen ? where's chuck norris ? nissan should send toshio suzuki again to prove how badass this altima on steriods is

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! sentra owners are mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaadzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm sorry enrqiue, but you can never beat a GT-R with the right driver behind the wheel

Old 04-27-2010, 01:36 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
I know I shouldn't find this funny, but I do... HILARIOUS!! Nice post...

Originally Posted by Mizuno
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaha hahahahahahahahahahahaahha

where's steve millen ? where's chuck norris ? nissan should send toshio suzuki again to prove how badass this altima on steriods is

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! sentra owners are mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaadzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm sorry enrqiue, but you can never beat a GT-R with the right driver behind the wheel

Old 04-27-2010, 01:46 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
right on cue...mizuno with another classic! LMAO

Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !

That GTR must not have the **** Access Port. If it did it would be too far ahead to be in the picture.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy

A stock 10 year old Porsche Turbo vs a 2-3 year old GT-R with sequential shifters, more hp, more nannies, more "advanced" suspension, aero, awd, torque vectoring, electronically controlled suspsension and the list goes on...........

And you're crying about stock vs stock when all he did was equalize the hp some??

That's like the guys who show up at the track in Cup Cars, ACR's, Ford GT's, Z06's, GT3's or whatever and then cry about how their car is stock when a simple bolt-on Evo scrapes the floor with them. I could understand if this was a 500-600 whp Turbo with Moton's and so on, but comon, really?
I'm not sure what you were getting out of my post...

I don't personally feel that the 996turbo is on par with the GT-R. I realize that was the standard, but it has been surpassed, and we've all moved on - including Porsche. With the new PDK (with all of the 'nannies') is proving to be a better performing car (based on information I've read/seen). I think the 997tt would've been a great comparo to the GT-R.

As you've pointed out, the 996 is aging. It is not the current car that Porsche offers. Why not go against the latest vs latest?

But still - my point was - this is driver vs driver, not car vs car.

*edit: What is the estimated WHP of the 911? (which is almost irrelevant when it comes to handling courses)

Last edited by jaspergtr; 04-27-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:20 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
how badass this altima on steriods is

... sentra owners are ...
And all Porsche brought was a Cayman on steroids...

... and Boxter owners are...

See how silly this sounds?

Unless you think that a 911turbo is nothing but an overpriced Boxter, this seems childish. I know the people here are typically more mature than on other forums.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

when is it not driver vs driver?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !

I don't personally feel that the 996turbo is on par with the GT-R. I realize that was the standard, but it has been surpassed, and we've all moved on - including Porsche. With the new PDK (with all of the 'nannies') is proving to be a better performing car (based on information I've read/seen). I think the 997tt would've been a great comparo to the GT-R.

As you've pointed out, the 996 is aging. It is not the current car that Porsche offers. Why not go against the latest vs latest?

*edit: What is the estimated WHP of the 911? (which is almost irrelevant when it comes to handling courses)
I have run a stock GTR and a stock 997.2 YY w/ PDK....the PDK would absolutely destroy the GTR, there is no comparison.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
And all Porsche brought was a Cayman on steroids...

... and Boxter owners are...

See how silly this sounds?

Unless you think that a 911turbo is nothing but an overpriced Boxter, this seems childish. I know the people here are typically more mature than on other forums.

Did you know the GT-R and Altima share the same block ? The same bulletproof block if you ask me

I'd choose a boxster/cayman over altima/sentra, datsun makes better cars for the grocery and daily beaters, can they run around the track without overheating like the mighty altima on steroids ? I think not

Old 04-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I just posted the following on the thread over at NAGTROC:

"Greetings and salutations Nissan Lovers!

I agree that a small road course does not give your GTR's the ability to demonstrate it fine Japanese engineering heritage.

Therefore I humbly suggest another competition: I have a stock block moderately modded 2002 996. I challenge any of you to run me side by side from the 1/4 mile marker to the 3/4 mile marker at the Texas Mile.

Basically it will be a straight line roll on race from 40 mph to 160 mph which should remove all driver error from the equation, just the GTR (which as Blake notes eats and ****s out cars like mine for lunch).

Indeed, Blake, since you are also in Texas and about to modify your car, I directly issue my challenge to you."

Old 04-27-2010, 02:50 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !

A 996 tt awhp stock is 335-340ish. With a flash and exhuast about 415ish. So as you see. Right in line with a GTR.
It's an 'aging' car, but it can still get the job done. The beauty of Porsche that Nissan does not have is, I can upgrade my '996 tt' with TONS of OEM parts. Like for example, 964,993,996,997, Cayenne. So the fact is, the '996' never really gets out dated. The beauty of Porsche is they improve their cars upon the previous gen, and the previous gen can do straight bolt on to several parts. Regardless, i think it was a good comparison. As i equal the HP of the GTR and my small modifications that were mostly OEM brought out the best of the chassis. It has not brought out the best of what the car can do because, even though I was using R comps. I had a very mild alingment and 220lb front and 320 lb rear spring rates, which i cannot even maximize the potential of R comps. Imagen with a well setup suspension, which i'm working on, what it would do to a gtr extracting everything out of the car. With almost stock power and mostly OEM parts

Old 04-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I just posted the following on the thread over at NAGTROC:

"Greetings and salutations Nissan Lovers!

subtle Sean, really subtle. Gonna be like taking candy from a baby.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:33 PM
DocNrock is just really niceDocNrock is just really niceDocNrock is just really niceDocNrock is just really nice
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
There is a member who accepted my offer to go at it at a real track, of course i'm going to take him up on it. I will be surprised, with true honesty--- if he beats me.
Hey Enrique, thanks for answering my PM on NAGTROC. We can do this. Where are you located?

Will you be able to make Willow Springs June 12th and/or 13th? It should be fun. I'll be the first to admit I've only done 12 track days in my life, all with the GT-R, and all in the last year, so I understand how important the driver part of the equation is. It sounds like you might be quite the hot shoe. Nonetheless, I'll give it my best shot. Like I said in my PM, I have no attitude, and I'm just doing this for fun.

I represent only myself and my car; I do NOT represent NAGTROC nor have I been voted to represent the forum.

I just have an intake and turbo back exhaust, as well as sways and AP Racing brakes (this stock drilled rotors have a nasty habit of cracking). My custom tune gets me 540 awhp compared to 420 bone stock. My tires are the Dunlop SP600 DSST runflats.

Big Willow is a really fun track, and one where neither the 996TT nor the GT-R should have any inherent advantage. It'll be fun hanging out and see who can grab the fastest lap time. The food is pretty good, too.

If the big Willow dates don't work for you, I'll be at the Redline Time Attack May 29 and 30th at Cal Speedway ROVAL in Fontana. May 29th is an open track day. We could go for lap times this day, if that works better for you. May 30th is the time attack. You could join us...you'll be in Mod AWD, just like me. Just need to have a fire extinguisher mounted in your car within reach (safety rule). You'll also need a time attack license. PM me on NAGTROC if you need more info on this.

Looking forward to a friendly dash to the fastest lap time, and it very well may be yours.

Brent

Last edited by DocNrock; 04-27-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
^ I believe the consensus was - it was 'Forum Wars'.

Who nominated him and that scenario to represent an entire forum?

Would you enjoy representation without a vote?

*edit: And what I read is, what was wrong with getting a stock GT-R vs a stock 911? If you want to compare cars, wouldn't one do this?

Well we didn't have a nomination choice either I didn't know this as even happening until last week. But I agree. It isn't really apples to apples. Though the suspension was basically stock the engine was tuned and it is a 6 speed car which the GTR is not. In fact I feel that the new PDK Turbo is about as apples to apples you can get. But as has been said, it is really all about the driver. Not sure why people on nagtroc are so worked up. It is no different than a street encounter, you win some you loose some. no big deal. Loosing to a car that cost twice as much and has rock solid build quality, supple leather dash, alcantara headliner, tobacco pipe holder and racing heritage is no shame. Seriously it's all fun

Old 04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
when is it not driver vs driver?
That was my point... It only seems to matter here because a driver in a 911 ran a quicker time than a GT-R - and a slower time than a Mustang (shhhhh).
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I have run a stock GTR and a stock 997.2 YY w/ PDK....the PDK would absolutely destroy the GTR, there is no comparison.
I would certainly hope so. Now that the transmissions are about equal, this rules out a BIG variable that gave Nissan the edge over the manual transmission 911's. But I think around a REAL road course, this would be a better comparison. Would the GT-R win? Probably not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oh crap, it's time!!