996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K-Sport coilovers for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
Wow, every other month? I thought it would be okay to just do it every half-year . Would you recommend using silicon lubricate over white lithium grease? Nice to hear about the warranty extension, too!

Eric
Lithium grease is fine as some lubs can dry the seals out. What product are you using? Really, just clean them as necessary. If you live in an area with lots of dust, you'll need to clean them more often. Yes the warranty ext. is a nice touch.

Originally Posted by tripp
Maybe I missed the post, but did you get the Ksports installed?
Not yet, they shipped me the wrong set. Hopefully this weekend.

Hi Michael,

Why is it that you say these are not for "the hardcore tracker". Currently I would not say I am a "hardcore tracker" by any means, but I do plan on trying to attend more driving events, and would like suspension that I can grow into with more seat time.

Are the Ksports more of an appearance mod then a performance one, or am I misreading your statement?

thanks
Tripp
Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was the Kontrol Pro Series was designed for street and track use. So some might feel like the set isn't as stiff as they'd like. For my occasional tracking events, ~1-3/yr, it would be fine, but if you're a hardcore tracker who like super stiff, teeth chattering, spine rattling this might not be for you. Does that make more sense?

Michael
Acute Performance

Old 06-09-2010, 01:02 PM
tripp is infamous around these parts
I would want to maintain the streetability of the car, but a rougher ride can be assumed. I am not one that says a car has to rattle your fillings out to handle, but I do want something that can hold up to 1-2 autocross/track days a month (being optimistic in my attendance of events), and "spirited" street driving. Are the RR coil overs a better option do you think?

Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor
The Kontrol Pro is fine. On your track days, stiffen up the damperage and when you're done set it back to street. You'll be happy.

Michael
Acute Performance

I would want to maintain the streetability of the car, but a rougher ride can be assumed. I am not one that says a car has to rattle your fillings out to handle, but I do want something that can hold up to 1-2 autocross/track days a month (being optimistic in my attendance of events), and "spirited" street driving. Are the RR coil overs a better option do you think?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Zmonsta is infamous around these parts
Michael,

You still looking for someone to test the C2 set? PM me.

thanks!

Last edited by Zmonsta; 06-10-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:18 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acuteperformance
i'm suppose to get the set on friday and install on saturday.

michael
acute performance

Any update?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
Installing this Thur/Fri for sure. My set comes in Tuesday.

Michael

Originally Posted by NOLA911
Any update?

Old 06-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Former Vendor
Just got home long day. Cracked open the 996TT set and can see that the front shock is a lot thicker than the 996 version. Also, they give you 2 endlink sets as opposed to 1.

Will be installing tomorrow hopefully I can take it for a test drive. My alternator crapped out on me this morning.

Michael

Old 06-17-2010, 12:49 PM
LO_996tt is infamous around these parts
pics please

Old 06-17-2010, 01:04 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Bilsteins can be rebuilt

Head over to the Bilstein site and click 'services'.

http://www.bilsteinus.com/services.php

Are you referring to the PSS9's or the HD's? Is there a web site that you recommend checking out to see these?

thanks
Tripp

Old 06-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor
Here are the pics for the 996TT kit. You'll notice it comes with 2 sets of endlinks, there are camber plates in the front, and best of all NO HELPER SPRINGS!

I'll have to take some pictures of my car but it's tucked right now. The ride quality is actually better than stock in the sense that it's a lot softer but not bouncy. I'm going to crank up the stiffness tomorrow to see what that's like. Needless to say I'm very happy.

If anyone is interested, I have a couple sets coming in end of this week / early next. Questions? Let me know, I'd be more than happy to answer.

Michael
Acute Performance

Old 06-20-2010, 08:15 AM
sspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the rough
ooh camber plates.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Call me a skeptic & correct me if I am wrong but it should be universal type valving & hopefully the springs are at least the right rates. There is not much research done for the performance of that specific model compared to some of the larger manufactures, high speed & low speed performance. Just because it fits does not mean it performs well, the valving to match the spring rates is the most important. Adjusting the mounting points on a camber plate is a lot more cost effective then have different shape springs made for each model car. If everything truly performs better than "you get what you pay for" then bravo.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
Hi Sam,

I was really looking for a way to cost effectively lower my car w/o going the springs route. I absolutely hate how springs ride when coupled w/ the OE shocks. I occasionally go to the track, maybe a few times a year.

I'm sure there are a lot of members that fit this profile, ones who can afford the more expensive coilovers but choose not to and want a cost effective method to lower the car/adjust rebound and that's what I'm trying to provide.

However, unlike other vendors, I'm willing to eat my own dog food and test it on my very own car and give an honest impression.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by speedplay
Call me a skeptic & correct me if I am wrong but it should be universal type valving & hopefully the springs are at least the right rates. There is not much research done for the performance of that specific model compared to some of the larger manufactures, high speed & low speed performance. Just because it fits does not mean it performs well, the valving to match the spring rates is the most important. Adjusting the mounting points on a camber plate is a lot more cost effective then have different shape springs made for each model car. If everything truly performs better than "you get what you pay for" then bravo.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:33 PM
LO_996tt is infamous around these parts
so do the front slide down into the mounting sleeve/housing or is a typical setup like Bilstiens?

Old 06-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Former Vendor
the front slide down into the mounting sleeve/housing.

michael
acute performance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K-Sport coilovers for 996TT