996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K-Sport coilovers for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Another thought I had on the coilover subject. Some cars require that you re-torque the control arms to the car's new lowered ride height. This is so you don't tear the inner control arm bushing by them being in a constant twist. Does that apply to the 996TT?

Last edited by VAGscum; 06-22-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Today I visited ksports website to find this:

Website Issues

We are currently experiencing issues with our web host. We have done everything in our power to get our website back up, but at this point it's a waiting game with the hosts support team.
This page is a place-holder, until the regular site is functioning properly. For Ksport product support, please contact us at (480) 829 8100, email info@ksportusa.com, or get in touch via Facebook or Twitter.

I guess customer service is through twitter now

I hate to bring the bad stuff down but everyone should be informed.

So far they sent the wrong set to its own dritributor in the first attempt, then the distributors car goes down

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Will be installing tomorrow hopefully I can take it for a test drive. My alternator crapped out on me this morning.
they finally get installed without pics

it's already been installed. didn't get pics of the installation as it's pretty straight forward. only thing you have to keep in mind is the height adjustment is NOT done by compressing or loosening the spring.

and we haven't seen anything as of today perhaps I'll twitt

Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance is infamous around these parts
Hi,

I personally find it good that a company gives consumers so many outlets to get help. Instead of the traditional e-mail and phone they now say post on twitter or post on facebook. Isn't that a good thing?

Yes they had sent me the wrong set the first time; however, everyone makes mistakes, in this case the part # between C2 & TT is 1 digit difference. It's all about how they handle these mistakes and they did so by 2nd day shipping me a set. Unfortunately, the day I was going to install the coilovers my alternator died. I use Fidelity warranty and was advised that I should not change anything else on my car or they might deny my claim. (They tried to deny my claim because of my aftermarket wheels). I also could have easily not posted about this mistake on the forum but I'm an honest business man.

I have a photo shoot lined up this weekend with my photographer, I can go and take a picture with my camera phone if you'd like but all you'll see is a lowered car. I did include many pictures of the actual product.

As of today what do you want to see? I've given my review and my initial impressions. I don't understand what you're so worried/concerned about?

Michael
Acute Performance

Last edited by acuteperformance; 06-23-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Former Vendor
Good question and I'm not sure. However, it seems like it's a good idea to do it regardless. But, to put in the front coilovers you basically have to remove your entire assembly (control arm, rotors, etc) because there isn't much room to slide the coilovers out. Does that make sense?

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by VAGscum
Another thought I had on the coilover subject. Some cars require that you re-torque the control arms to the car's new lowered ride height. This is so you don't tear the inner control arm bushing by them being in a constant twist. Does that apply to the 996TT?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I am now following ksport on twitter, and they apologize for the website, in my view this doesn't look good but errors do occur.

I personally can't accept shipping mistakes being in Mexico and paying tax duties and outrageous shipping charges. And I have done a miryad of stuff to cars down here but I count on reliable companies to ship what I need

Or me being down here my stuff in Houston and getting a call from my shop with the car half broken down and the stuff is the wrong one . Then again perhaps I'm too picky. But in general when I ship stuff wrong to my customers I don't hear the end of it although I minimize mistakes quite a lot, hehehehe.

And last, what do I want to see?

I want to see the car lowered, I mean at least if you are selling suspensions, I want to see the install despite being the most straight forward in the world, why because its a guide on how it goes in there and in the end for fun.

I hope the shoot goes well and be expecting the photos.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor
It's a website. Things happen. I'm sure you heard of intuit.com? Their web services were down for more than 24 hours. Very unhappy customers but this shows it can happen to everyone. Also, most companies don't even host their own site, they do it through a hosting company ie out of their control.

Anytime that a shipping mistake has been made, I hold the shipper 100% responsible, this includes paying for any shipping fees, taxes, etc. Last time JIC sent my customer a wrong item and I covered the person's install time since he had to do it again.

I haven't official put these up for sale yet. Currently I'm looking for sponsors to help me provide more pictures. Pictures of my car will be posted though at some point.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by Frissen
I am now following ksport on twitter, and they apologize for the website, in my view this doesn't look good but errors do occur.

I personally can't accept shipping mistakes being in Mexico and paying tax duties and outrageous shipping charges. And I have done a miryad of stuff to cars down here but I count on reliable companies to ship what I need

Or me being down here my stuff in Houston and getting a call from my shop with the car half broken down and the stuff is the wrong one . Then again perhaps I'm too picky. But in general when I ship stuff wrong to my customers I don't hear the end of it although I minimize mistakes quite a lot, hehehehe.

And last, what do I want to see?

I want to see the car lowered, I mean at least if you are selling suspensions, I want to see the install despite being the most straight forward in the world, why because its a guide on how it goes in there and in the end for fun.

I hope the shoot goes well and be expecting the photos.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
wish I could help you with the pics... here are some recent ones I have done...

but you are not in my way from the office

Old 06-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Former Vendor
lol it's okay. i have someone here who does a decent job. coordinating our schedules however is harder..

Originally Posted by Frissen
wish I could help you with the pics... here are some recent ones I have done...

but you are not in my way from the office

Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor
one picture so far, waiting for the rest to be processed

Michael
Acute Performance

Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Kevganzon is infamous around these parts
one picture so far, waiting for the rest to be processed

Michael
Acute Performance
Wow nice drop! Any modifications you had to do to the coilovers to fit? Btw, nice wheels as well!

More pics pleeease!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Former Vendor
No they fit out the box. No modifications needed. Why do other companies require it?

Michael
Acute Performance

Old 06-29-2010, 10:15 AM
av2
av2 is infamous around these parts
It's nice to see new products that work and at reasonable prices.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor
I agree.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by av2
It's nice to see new products that work and at reasonable prices.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Great question. According to KSport, a lot of track cars they sponsor are happy w/ the setup.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by Elegant Performance
Looks good. I wonder what the track performance would be like.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:48 PM
nice drop, nice pic...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K-Sport coilovers for 996TT