996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Boxster S TT??!? WUT?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Greco is infamous around these parts
Boxster S TT??!? WUT?!?!

Anyone know about this one? I bet its one kick a$$ ride!!

http://www.dupontregistry.com/search...?itemid=183332

Old 01-14-2005, 08:38 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
If they really did invest $240K in that, they are pretty silly. It can't cost nearly that much to fabricate a turbo kit, not to mention one that can only do 400hp.

Why would you pay that price when you can get a used Turbo? Unless you highly value the sleeper qualities...

Old 01-14-2005, 08:45 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
That car keeps bouncing around from dealer to dealer, it was for sale on ebay last year.

Old 01-14-2005, 08:51 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Yes it really is a Twin Turbo boxster, and as Zamirz said its been for sale for a LONG time!! If it ended up at the Toy Store it must be a PIECE OF GARBAGE because thats about all they sell...
Evan

Old 01-14-2005, 08:52 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ZAMIRZ
That car keeps bouncing around from dealer to dealer, it was for sale on ebay last year.
That explains the dealer saying its the first time offered for sale.
Maybe they mean first time offered for sale at $79k?

Old 01-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
LOLOL I saw that car running at Manheim exotics auction last summer in PA. They started the bidding at $150K and quickly dropped it to $50K. When there were no takers they said no sale and drove it out.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:14 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
I guess I am the oddball that thinks it is great that someone built it. As far as comparing it to a 996TT (costwise, etc) as just about all of us know... that is not the point. The point is to do what had not been done. I also think they built it a few years ago so comparing it to todays performance values may not be appropriate. Aside from everyone giving thier TT's away for dirt cheap lately, I think $79k is a fair price for a one of a kind car. Although I am happy with my C4S, so please don't 'suggest' that I should buy it then

I also think it is great that Chad does all he does to his car. Sure he could have bought something else and spent less, but I appreciate his adventures and spirit to keep working on it (and sharing the adventure with all of us).

Besides, aren't mid engine cars supposed to handle pretty well?

Old 01-14-2005, 10:53 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by dpblessing
Besides, aren't mid engine cars supposed to handle pretty well?
yes, not only is it a superior handling mid engine car, but it's WAY lighter than a turbo, it's RWD and is a convertible as well. that would be a great car - especially for that dough.

Old 01-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Not as nice as the one you posted, but here's another Boxster Turbo (Gemballa) for A LOT less. Pictures taken at Auto Salon Singen, Germany.

€ 35.000

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showphoto...cat/526/page/3

Old 01-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Rob in Potomac
Robert in Potom is infamous around these parts
I am surprised that there are no buyers for this car, unless there is something very wrong with the overall conversion. I have just switched from owning Boxsters (1997 Boxster and 2001 Boxster S) to an '04 TT cab. I love the turbo - but, I do miss the much more neutral handling of the Boxster and have wondered what the Boxster would feel like with a couple of hundred more horsepower.

It is interesting that at the Porsche Driving Experience, you drive 911's at the track, skid pad, heel and toe, etc. - but drive a Boxster S for the autocross.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
IMHO, the Boxster is a superior platform to the TT in a number of ways. As someone pointed out, it is RWD, mid-engined, and it is much lighter. I also like ragtops.

Most "conversions", regardless of merit, have little to no resale value. No one trusts them. Even Rufs have a hard time in resale because relatively few people know what they are.

By the way, Ruf is supposed to be coming out with another Boxster (3800S?) with the new 911S engine in it. Now we are talking.

Last edited by Adrift; 01-15-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:35 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Erik
Not as nice as the one you posted, but here's another Boxster Turbo (Gemballa) for A LOT less. Pictures taken at Auto Salon Singen, Germany.

€ 35.000

[url]
did that one burn yet?

Old 01-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by ben, lj
did that one burn yet?
No. But the paint job would probably benefit from a fire.

Personally I'd love a Boxster Turbo. If the package was as good I think it is.
Talk about sleeper at track days.

Boxster Turbo - R-tires - Improved suspension and you have yourself a 996TT beater.

Last edited by Erik; 01-15-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:37 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Almost impossible to sell a car like that, he's stuck with it!

Old 01-15-2005, 12:50 PM
porschegm is infamous around these parts
That car is an absolute rocket. I sold him the boxster s to convert and it is true about the money invested, the damn thing looks like
a factory prototype with all the extra **** he put on it. Definately not worth the dough but blinding fast .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boxster S TT??!? WUT?!?!