996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Forum Wars Continued: GTR vs 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Looks like we have our own "Forum Wars" right here on 6speed. Who needs other forums to compete against?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:19 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Looks like we have our own "Forum Wars" right here on 6speed. Who needs other forums to compete against?
Entertaining...

Old 04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Entertaining...
Probably not for every1.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:26 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ Of course not. Just like all of the ignorant jokes and misinformation about GT-R's that are told by Porsche owners which are completely false, but some still are entertained by it. Isn't that what matters on 6speed?

Who needs facts, when you have cute .gifs/jpgs?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 04-29-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
^ Of course not. Just like all of the ignorant jokes and misinformation about GT-R's that are told by Porsche owners which are completely false, but some still are entertained by it. Isn't that what matters on 6speed?

Who needs facts, when you have cute .gifs/jpgs?
Unless the facts or the lack there of cost you a sale on a GT-R then it doesn't cost you anything compared to the tuners that actually sponsor this place.
I will also say; I'm positive that Porsche owners aren't the only people making jokes and spreading misinformation about the GT-R.
But we are lucky to have you around to make sure all those facts and the misinformation is corrected.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:48 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
someone lock this thread please ?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:52 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
I would have thought Neil's post would have ended this thread?
In fact at this point I would think a Mod would have locked this down to keep sponsors from being involved in a **** fight, especially when the sponsor steps in to get things straight.

This still being open after Neil's post is somewhat amazing.
You guys belly ache when we close them, then belly ache when we don't close them.

We really try to keep them open. However, there are a few hard rules when violated get them closed or members given a time out. If we close threads 6speed loses. We need to control threads and moderate within the existing rules.

Members are entitled to their own opinions as long as they keep their posts within the rules. Without backup all anyone says is their own personal opinion. When sponsors get involved we like to see backup as their personal opinion tends to sway and they, being in the business should have backup. Frankly, I believe Switzer's comment provided a good answer with a way for people to verify (backup).

The forums can be rough, tell me about it. I believe I felt much like Switzer back in 2004 when we were on the cutting edge. I was about ready to throw in the towel forum wise. What I learned was if you aren't near the top then you won't have any detractors. I also learned to to survive and participate you need a very thick skin. Finally, I learned the readers as a whole are fairly intelligent and after following things for a little while can see the forest from the trees pretty well.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Unless the facts or the lack there of cost you a sale on a GT-R then it doesn't cost you anything compared to the tuners that actually sponsor this place.
I will also say; I'm positive that Porsche owners aren't the only people making jokes and spreading misinformation about the GT-R.
But we are lucky to have you around to make sure all those facts and the misinformation is corrected.
Well said.

You should run for office.

Quite tactful.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
You guys belly ache when we close them, then belly ache when we don't close them.

We really try to keep them open. However, there are a few hard rules when violated get them closed or members given a time out. If we close threads 6speed loses. We need to control threads and moderate within the existing rules.

Members are entitled to their own opinions as long as they keep their posts within the rules. Without backup all anyone says is their own personal opinion. When sponsors get involved we like to see backup as their personal opinion tends to sway and they, being in the business should have backup. Frankly, I believe Switzer's comment provided a good answer with a way for people to verify (backup).

The forums can be rough, tell me about it. I believe I felt much like Switzer back in 2004 when we were on the cutting edge. I was about ready to throw in the towel forum wise. What I learned was if you aren't near the top then you won't have any detractors. I also learned to to survive and participate you need a very thick skin. Finally, I learned the readers as a whole are fairly intelligent and after following things for a little while can see the forest from the trees pretty well.
I am sure you mean " you guys " as in a general expression of the forum. I myself haven't asked for anything to be closed or locked before. I have moderated a site of 25,000+ avid college sports fans so I know your frustration. This site is tame more often then not. Try keeping a few 1,000 fans, most drunk, from flame wars after a huge win or loss.
Yet the protection of sponsors thick skinned or not seems to be the order of the day around here and this seem to be a thread full of misinformation that would do nothing for the reputation of any sponsor in it.
After the shop in question responded there really wasn't need for anything else was there? Well maybe an apology by the misinformed?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Well said.

You should run for office.

Quite tactful.
I've already told you I like you and your passion. You don't bother me at all and in fact you do GT-Rs and the owners a great service.

How's that for a running for office statement?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I am sure you mean " you guys " as in a general expression of the forum. I myself haven't asked for anything to be closed or locked before. I have moderated a site of 25,000+ avid college sports fans so I know your frustration. This site is tame more often then not. Try keeping a few 1,000 fans, most drunk, from flame wars after a huge win or loss.
Yet the protection of sponsors thick skinned or not seems to be the order of the day around here and this seem to be a thread full of misinformation that would do nothing for the reputation of any sponsor in it.
After the shop in question responded there really wasn't need for anything else was there? Well maybe an apology by the misinformed?

Yes, that was meant as a general expression.

Protecting sponsor's? You should hear what some of them say about me to management. I could tell you a story about what one did many moons ago to prevent a certain company from raising my boost pressure before a shootout. Funny thing is, now I consider them a friend.

Last edited by cjv; 04-29-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Completely agree Chad. The funny thing is the top 1-2 tuners on this board get 80% of their business from non forum members....

Nobody's mom was brought into the discussions, so no reason to close.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Well maybe an apology by the misinformed?
That will never happen. But it doesn't matter, Tym views the arrows he catches on the forums as a compliment!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:31 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Well how about asking who I talked to, don't you guys work together? You say the last 6 months, I specifically said my last time in conversation with you guys was last Nov, which would put us around 6 months ago. Let's not act like this has been going on for years and you guys have built tons of motors, at least in these markets.

I mentioned that in my earlier post when I made the comment, so how about reading all the details before you hop in. If you guys JUST started doing this, more power to you, I'm sure you will be successful at it, but it still changes very little from my original statement.

Maybe a conference call in the morning to get the facts straight could help out a little bit. I'm only the messenger. I cannot help what I was told. I have zero reason to lie.

Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
This is a very interesting thread, much like another one that I happened to stumble upon when reading the other day about how we tune our cars. This one was brought to my attention by one of my friends.

First off, Dez (heavychevy), I don't know who you are talking to (Jo?) or when the last time you did talk to him about what we were doing here, but it is obvious when it comes down to facts you have none.

I have been researching, assisting in the design of, and ordering custom ENGINE parts for the past 6 months, because if you know anything about Tym, you know is quality standards. We have an engine for a GTR being built, with everything on it to make tons of horsepower, the Switzer way with numbers from the real world. I know off hand at least two porsche engine builds we have done, on the road to this day, there is a couple underway right now, and a handful of gtr's to be done, mainly because there are people out there who think they know what they are doing when it comes to timing and boost curves in an ecu...

While Jamie does rep us quite a bit on here, he is someone that has seen the performance auto market from behind the scenes of almost every "reliable" tuning shop across the nation. He will go out of his way, spend thousands of dollars to get his car anywhere in this great nation to race it against anyone. That, my friends, is determination and loyalty. If anyone on here knows anything about how other shops do what they do, it would be a safe bet that Jamie does.

As for the videos, I edit them, and I will admit they lack HD video, fancy camera angles, transitions and dramatic lighting. Those are all cool and fancy, but we do videos like we build cars, strong and to the point. I would love to do an HD video and cut it together, but lately I have been to busy ordering parts and following up with our suppliers to make sure we can get these engines built...

Just because it is not advertised on our website with fancy photoshoots and HD video that we build engines, if you called us today, you would find out for yourself.

I urge anyone who has a speculation about something we do to CALL US IMMEDIATELY so they can get the true answer, because it is pretty obvious now that there is a lot of crap floating around on the internet today. That is pretty sad, I thought this forum would be better than that... I've been on a lot of them, seen a lot of BS going around, this one is usually pretty decent, but not lately...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forum Wars Continued: GTR vs 996