996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Forum Wars Continued: GTR vs 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
You are bringing a knife to a gun fight. Please god tell me your name is Neo, otherwise I'm expecting a slightly less than favorable outcome.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
60rwhp in the 140+ mph area will give you maybe 1-2mph in the 1/4 if THAT. You've got to realize that once you pass a certain point 10hp won't give you 1mph.

Going by your logic my car is also setup for 40-160 rolls and I HAVE trapped 149mph. If you trap 144-145 which you haven't yet then I should REALLY pull ya hard!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, keep in mind that Eric trapped 143 mph in EPIC conditions with a 30 mph TAILWIND. A 148-150 mph will be VERY hard for you to beat...trust me. Having said that, we all know that there is a 99.99% chance the race won't even happen. Keep us updated Sean...

Peter
p.s. you going to C&C on Sat?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Peter,

If it doesn't rain.

I just got off the phone w/ Akram, oh yee of little faith.

Chris, you really should be in on this since you have the fastest 996 based car. What say you?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Subscribed! Good luck and be safe Sean. Regardless of the outcome kudos to you for stepping up...

Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Sean,

If you think between now and October he isn't going to make changes either you are nuts. I'd keep your plans off the net and optimize the car. You are showing your cards and if he is half as serious about this as you are he will make sure he does enough just squeeze you. If he honestly told you his car did 180 at the mile running the 1.4 mile at 148+ he's playing you big time.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:58 AM
993tt/GTR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by houstonT
Sean, keep in mind that Eric trapped 143 mph in EPIC conditions with a 30 mph TAILWIND. A 148-150 mph will be VERY hard for you to beat...trust me.
Just some info: Hing trapped 148 at 1200ft elevation and 120*F track temps, according to the thread of his run.

Last edited by 993tt/GTR; 04-28-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM
993tt/GTR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by str8blst
Subscribed! Good luck and be safe Sean. Regardless of the outcome kudos to you for stepping up...
+1. Safety first. Win or lose, it's all in good fun. It does not dictate anything regarding the performance levels of the 2 cars being stock. It just shows which of these 2 specific cars are more modded, that is all.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
big props for stepping up sean. i agree with ben tho... they know everything about your car now and we barely know anything about his car. based on his trap speeds... I definitely wouldn't be giving him the half car jump you proposed...

Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by jhuang25
I definitely wouldn't be giving him the half car jump you proposed...
Sean I never even saw this part. I need the number for your dealer!!! I totally appreciate your enthusiasm but I think Hing is playing you ....... badly.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Sean = Expert bench racer and a Amateur street racer.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:21 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Please don't underestimate the amount of PM'd responses to the enthusiasm of people that would LOVE to do this challenge. I love them.

I enjoy all of them. However, I haven't lost any. Drag races(only 1 auto-x did a 911 show up), and a few HPDE's that we video'd and compared times. So far, it's been all me. And I don't know how to drive for anything. Perhaps it's because my steering wheel is really a PS2 controller (or PS3 if you get the upgrade), I'm not sure what keeps me ahead of the 996's. All I have is an AP and Y-pipe.

For those that want to bring a "10 yr old" car, and mod it to about double (or more) HP and claim that it's still a 996, I'd raise you a 1967 Camaro that runs 8's, and claim it's still a just a Chevy - and you'd lose to a car that is 30yrs older than your's.

Silly.

Let's compare apples to apples. GT-R vs 997tt. Let the drivers decide.

The driver on the day of this so-called "Forum Wars" in the 911 won. That is all that happened. No car got defeated.

And the people here with the silly pictures (especially the one with the saving up money for Nissan or Mitsubishi - who ever had a life-long dream of buying a Boxter?), are just that - silly.

This has a potential to become extremely popular, competitive, and (in some cases) informative (to what an average driver can do in either car - this is what most people want to know anyway). Only internet track stars are worried about what somebody ELSE can do in their own car.

That being said, I have my own issues about this 'competition'. But the models of cars aren't one of them.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by S-351
Sean = Expert bench racer and a Amateur street racer.

What have you done...nothing thats what. I have done the Supra nats and stepped up pretty much everytime I was challenged. I have more kills than you have sand in you vagina, which is a lot.

Please stay off my thread.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Please don't underestimate the amount of PM'd responses to the enthusiasm of people that would LOVE to do this challenge. I love them.

I enjoy all of them. However, I haven't lost any. Drag races(only 1 auto-x did a 911 show up), and a few HPDE's that we video'd and compared times. So far, it's been all me. And I don't know how to drive for anything. Perhaps it's because my steering wheel is really a PS2 controller (or PS3 if you get the upgrade), I'm not sure what keeps me ahead of the 996's. All I have is an AP and Y-pipe.

For those that want to bring a "10 yr old" car, and mod it to about double (or more) HP and claim that it's still a 996, I'd raise you a 1967 Camaro that runs 8's, and claim it's still a just a Chevy - and you'd lose to a car that is 30yrs older than your's.

Not true....the challenge I have issued requires a stock block motor! It will therefore be a true and pure test of the engineering capabilities of Nisan and Porsche.

Silly.

The driver on the day of this so-called "Forum Wars" in the 911 won. That is all that happened. No car got defeated.

And the people here with the silly pictures (especially the one with the saving up money for Nissan or Mitsubishi - who ever had a life-long dream of buying a Boxter?), are just that - silly.

This has a potential to become extremely popular, competitive, and (in some cases) informative (to what an average driver can do in either car - this is what most people want to know anyway). Only internet track stars are worried about what somebody ELSE can do in their own car.

That being said, I have my own issues about this 'competition'. But the models of cars aren't one of them.
I must say, the NAGTROC guys stick together a lot more than the naysayers here on 6 speed.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

Silly.

Jasper,

As I said in my post above there are plenty of haters and plenty that have a tremendous amount of respect for the car and there is no reason to lump the whole group into the hater category. If I had it my way my goal would be to get two equal (as possible) cars and have one driver drive both cars. That isn't going to happen though so we will have to settle for what we've got.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forum Wars Continued: GTR vs 996