996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Forum Wars Continued: GTR vs 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Forum Wars Continued: GTR vs 996

For those of you following the stickied thread about Enrique's victory against the mighty GTR, you know that many harsh things have been said about our 996's over on the NAGTROC forum.

Basically it is our cars our crap, the GTR is superior, and it was a lucky driver based one in a million win.

Therefore I issued the following challenge over on NAGTROC:

"Greetings and salutations Nissan Lovers!

I agree that a small road course does not give your GTR's the ability to demonstrate it fine Japanese engineering heritage.

Therefore I humbly suggest another competition: I have a stock block moderately modded 2002 996. I challenge any of you to run me side by side from the 1/4 mile marker to the 3/4 mile marker at the Texas Mile.

Basically it will be a straight line roll on race from 40 mph to 160 mph which should remove all driver error from the equation, just the GTR (which as Blake notes eats and ****s out cars like mine for lunch).

Indeed, Blake, since you are also in Texas and about to modify your car, I directly issue my challenge to you."

Old 04-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
And I see that Jean (Eclou) has offered a similar challenge on the road course at TWS.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:08 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
this should get interesting...

Old 04-27-2010, 03:22 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I'm betting no takers. Or it will become a mod vs mod argument...

Old 04-27-2010, 03:27 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Of the several Sheep in that forum. Only one person had the courage to PM me to accept my challange. That blake guy, i believe said, he would all over my challenge in 3.5 seconds if he was closer. I think it has taken him a bit to long to respond to you by now to accept your crappy 996 challenge.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:37 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
I totally missed this post. Are these guys for real undermining the potential of a 996tt...a 10 year old modded car will still challenge any GTR. It just shows the maturity of the crowd there...just *****ing but not accepting a friendly challenge.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I am getting grilled about my mods now...I said turbos, exhaust, and a chip

Blake is close to me and we could easily set something up at the Tx Mile.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !

Old 04-27-2010, 03:58 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TXGold

Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
I read that whole thread last night and was tempted to sign up. "We eat 996's and $hit them out" was the one that got me. Obviously, they don't know jack about of some of the 996's I know about - yours being on top of the list. Thanks
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
For those of you following the stickied thread about Enrique's victory against the mighty GTR, you know that many harsh things have been said about our 996's over on the NAGTROC forum.

Basically it is our cars our crap, the GTR is superior, and it was a lucky driver based one in a million win.

Therefore I issued the following challenge over on NAGTROC:

"Greetings and salutations Nissan Lovers!

I agree that a small road course does not give your GTR's the ability to demonstrate it fine Japanese engineering heritage.

Therefore I humbly suggest another competition: I have a stock block moderately modded 2002 996. I challenge any of you to run me side by side from the 1/4 mile marker to the 3/4 mile marker at the Texas Mile.

Basically it will be a straight line roll on race from 40 mph to 160 mph which should remove all driver error from the equation, just the GTR (which as Blake notes eats and ****s out cars like mine for lunch).

Indeed, Blake, since you are also in Texas and about to modify your car, I directly issue my challenge to you."

Old 04-27-2010, 04:02 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
That forum wars show sucks. The 1/8 of a mile drag race is a weak venue. Their "road course" was a joke. Can't beleive you are fueling the fire over there Sean.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
That forum wars show sucks. The 1/8 of a mile drag race is a weak venue. Their "road course" was a joke. Can't beleive you are fueling the fire over there Sean.
+1

the show is meant for the same crowd that gets entertained by the whole fast and furious franchise or need for speed video games

Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
suscribed...

Old 04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
better yet, I say we all go over and sign up and then say we are selling our GTR's and all buying stock 996TT's

Old 04-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future

This should be the steering wheel in a GTR, thing is boring and I'm sure somewhere in all that weight is a Japanese teenager with this controller actually driving the car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forum Wars Continued: GTR vs 996