996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone using these WEVO MOUNTS... Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
obviously we need to talk about potential problems/defects but i just think we need to be careful with threads like these before we potentially advise people to avoid a product because it causes damage when in fact there is no proof to back up the allegation

it seems like this problem/issue is a very isolated event, hopefully it stays that way

it also seems a that a big part of the problem here is a supplier being unhelpful/rude/arrogant...hopefully that changes

Old 04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I agree with Buzzm to an extent. Let's make sure it's the product before pointing fingers. I don't know the proto guys, but like CJV said Tuners are QUICK to point fingers at someone else. Unless Proto can say unequivocally that this issue has NOT happened in any car that doesn't have the WEVO mounts that they have tuned, it's inaccurate IMO. Maybe the mounts make other problems show up easier????

Has anyone OTHER than Protomotive found this to be a problem? I know there are lots of WEVO mounts out there, so surely someone else has to have had the problem if they are so prevalent with the Proto tuned cars + WEVO. If not, that points to another fallacy in the arguement.

However with that said, WEVO's attitude seems pretty crappy, and I am one to stay away from anything that can cut my track weekends short. So I'll still wait for some further analysis. However I hope that if it's not the WEVO's causing the problem, it is stated here in the same fashion (a whole thread) that it was started.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I agree with Buzzm to an extent. Let's make sure it's the product before pointing fingers. I don't know the proto guys, but like CJV said Tuners are QUICK to point fingers at someone else. Unless Proto can say unequivocally that this issue has NOT happened in any car that doesn't have the WEVO mounts that they have tuned, it's inaccurate IMO. Maybe the mounts make other problems show up easier????

Has anyone OTHER than Protomotive found this to be a problem? I know there are lots of WEVO mounts out there, so surely someone else has to have had the problem if they are so prevalent with the Proto tuned cars + WEVO. If not, that points to another fallacy in the arguement.

However with that said, WEVO's attitude seems pretty crappy, and I am one to stay away from anything that can cut my track weekends short. So I'll still wait for some further analysis. However I hope that if it's not the WEVO's causing the problem, it is stated here in the same fashion (a whole thread) that it was started.
i agree

Last edited by buzzm; 04-29-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
Of course I am not as smart as some the guys out there. But figure a controlled experiment is a simple way to resolve the issue on the particular car.

1) Change the mounts back to stock w/o touching anything else. Record your ECU params (whatever or however you got them the first time).

2) Compare to previous data - I believe then we can draw some type of conclusion.

-Arman

Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
This simply DOES NOT make sense... I know of a LARGE NUMBER of GT3 owners who are using this product in their track day "only" applications. Furthermore, I had ZERO issues with the blue mounts in previous use in my tuned 996TT.

Although I do not question the fact that STEVO is having issues with his particular car, and that "Todd Knight" seems to isolate the issue to motor mounts, I'm still personally not sure... It could be a combo of types of mounts, in various locations... My "Blue Mounts" never caused me to have power related issues, even though I ran them for over a year in my UMW equipped car (Can I say UMW since Kevin is not a sponsor??)

Mike

Old 04-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
putting the wevo mounts pictured here with 997 tranny mount as well, in the next week or so. will update.

Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Zeroh has a spectacular aura aboutZeroh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Exactly Miras... back to the X73 it is, might give the RS Mount a try first though
I wanted the RS mounts and asked OPC for it... they told me it was the same part number as the GT3 mounts (& GT3 = X73), so thats what I ended up with.

Lets compare part numbers if you order the RS ones... i'll be very intersted to know !

Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
Yellow Wevo mounts are in

Hi Guys,
To the original poster, how do I detect knocks (or its count)? I see no ill effect that I can feel/perceive so far.

Was there a noticeable change in the car? I can post pix of my new mounts that went along with the a new 997 Tranny mount.

Regards,
-Arman

Old 05-04-2010, 04:44 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Has the knock sensor been replaced on this motor? Is it is possible that the Knock sensor is bad and the knock activity/Timing retard are reactions to the false knock activity caused by the stiffer motor mount? Their are alot of questions I would need answered before I would jump on a rather obscure cause of knock activity IMHO. Is the Knock issue happening under WOT or is it present at idle too? Has any other troubleshooting been done(ie temporarily swapping ECUs with another car)? I am curious to hear what the causes of this are.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Wevo mounts are in and no problems so far

Just wanted to update you guys, I have more than 250 miles on the new mounts, and so far so good.

-Arman