996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Had the shop put in my AP plenum and Throttle body, well kind of..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
1 - The OP is well taken care of an actually purchased intercoolers and a YPipe to add to the car.

2 - eds996tt bought a IPD plenum from us and it was IPD. I dont know why or how we would have fake IPD. Whether or not RSS likes us and we are an authorized dealer has nothing to do with it. The customer could not install it. We sell parts that work from many manufacturers. Inability to install is another story.

3 - Beltfed, Madness, Jalmood all have spent big bucks with us. Each issue has been discuss over email, PM, or chat with them. Agency Power powdercoated a batch of 10 T Plenums without covering the ORing groove. Quality control went out the door and the plenums were shipped. The ORing did not have a good seal causing the problem. Each one of these customers has been offered by us to send them a new part if they like no matter what country they are in. Nobody has taken up on that.

4 - viprklr... that is pretty harsh considering I asked for 1 thing only, email me pictures of the issue (did not happen). Now I see them. I also immediately answered any of your concerns by phone or email. But of course, you turn to the forums to tell the people are ethics are bad because you are unhappy. Like most shops, when someone has not installed a certain companies parts, if they cant figure it out, they give up and blame the manufacturer. I am more then happy to take video, pics, or help any install shop. Since in your case they tried to install the part, I said I would replace it as it was scratched up if deemed bad or you could return it to me for a 100% store credit (yeah big shady guys here ). If I get a ProCharger supercharger kit for a 350Z and my mechanic cant install it cause of a tight fit, lack of knowledge, etc, is ProCharger bad? No, you call them and figure out a solution.

At the end of the day, the Cayenne TT plenum is about 1/2inch longer then the stock. There is no more room on the TPlenum to push the flange back so this is how it sits. It is a DAMN tight fit to butt the Ypipe up against the plenum. Per your picture the bolt to mount the YPipe to the bracket is off. Its not that the part does not fit or does not work, this is your concern and we see that. Its an aftermarket part that does the job well as tested and designed. It was NOT designed poor and neither are any of the Agency Power parts that I have brought to this community which many members use. Unfortunately to get the size TB we wanted, we have to use the CTT one and this is how it sits. I have a GT3 82mm one and a 997 3.8L here that I will check specs and if they are a better fit, will switch to those. Our aftermarket YPipe does not use that bracket and we do not expect people to buy it. Your setup as it is in that picture is fine, less the aesthetic of the bolt. I am not happy about it as you. We have fitted several here at Vivid Racing and made them work with both the stock and our original YPipe as tested on our test car in the video. It is a stretch.

I apologize you think we are bad people, but I have been extremely fair in my responses, assistance, supporting the Agency Power brand and probably have a 95% approval rating here with the 5% of people just not Vivid supporters.

Our job is to take care of customer and find solutions to problems.

If any customer wants to discuss the fitment, return the part, or get another part, feel free to contact me at the info in my signature.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 AM
mhall1019 has a spectacular aura aboutmhall1019 has a spectacular aura about
Reply to Vivid Reply

My comments in blue.
Quotes from other threads and posts in black.
My interjections into quotes from other threads and posts in red.

Referring to items in the previous post:

"2 - eds996tt bought a IPD plenum from us and it was IPD. I dont know why or how we would have fake IPD. [The originality of the part was questioned because the part that was shipped by Vivid looked very different than the one pictured in their advertisement]. Whether or not RSS likes us and we are an authorized dealer has nothing to do with it. The customer could not install it. We sell parts that work from many manufacturers. Inability to install is another story." [and not related to this post in any way - its just fog]

It was not eds996tt's story to which this referred. It was mine (soon to be banned?). The issue was not whether I could or could not install the RSS/IPD plenum (the IPD) on a 996tt. I admitted that I could not install it - there were no instructions with it and the product was not intended by RSS/IPD to be distributed to the home mechanic because of the complexity of the job. However, I have had 26 years of experience working on Porsche 911s, stripping and rebuilding 911s into race cars, rebuilding engines and selling them around the world, designing and developing racing parts for 911s and, so on. But, I have very little 996tt experience and ran into a difficulty (a common one, according to RSS) with the installation of the IPD. But, I brought the issue to Vivid's attention first because they sold the product to me and I had spoken to someone at Vivid named Jessie, telling her that I was returning the item because I could not install it, wasn't sure it was genuine, and the buzz on the forums was that the plenum did not work.

The issue was that, on September 29, 2009, Vivid stated in this forum that they were no longer associated with RSS and, even though they had advertised and sold the IPD product as a performance enhancer, they had determined that it did not work. But, they still sold one to me even though they were not an authorized distributor, and on November 3rd, in an email to me, Vivid stated that they could not refund my money because they knew that the product worked. Which is it?

"I apologize you think we are bad people, but I have been extremely fair in my responses, assistance, supporting the Agency Power brand and probably have a 95% approval rating here with the 5% of people just not Vivid supporters."

It is widely known by 5% of the population that 95% of the population is below the average intelligence.

From another thread, a post by GT3 Super Moderator, in reply to another member's complaint against Vivid that was not substantiated with documentation:

"if it was from another thread then either post in that thread (if it hasn't been closed like this one) or pm Dan your questions and let him explain...why make your concerns public? That makes you look like you have a agenda...you say you want to buy his parts but first you flame his reputation in public....come on....use pm
...thread closed"

I, however, as GT3 recommends above, did email Vivid management and the reply was not satisfactory. I have not stated any opinions, only facts. I have provided information that will allow some percentage of this forum's population (5% ?) to come to its own conclusions. It is ludicrous to ask why one would want to make his concerns public - its called transparency. It allows the forum's public to make its own judgement about the integrity of the seller. In this case, the forum is owned by the seller and the threads are closed when the information being provided starts to provide enough transparency for the truth to be seen.

Can I predict the following words regarding this thread: "thread closed"?

Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mhall1019
My comments in blue.
Quotes from other threads and posts in black.
My interjections into quotes from other threads and posts in red.

Referring to items in the previous post:

"2 - eds996tt bought a IPD plenum from us and it was IPD. I dont know why or how we would have fake IPD. [The originality of the part was questioned because the part that was shipped by Vivid looked very different than the one pictured in their advertisement]. Whether or not RSS likes us and we are an authorized dealer has nothing to do with it. The customer could not install it. We sell parts that work from many manufacturers. Inability to install is another story." [and not related to this post in any way - its just fog]

It was not eds996tt's story to which this referred. It was mine (soon to be banned?). The issue was not whether I could or could not install the RSS/IPD plenum (the IPD) on a 996tt. I admitted that I could not install it - there were no instructions with it and the product was not intended by RSS/IPD to be distributed to the home mechanic because of the complexity of the job. However, I have had 26 years of experience working on Porsche 911s, stripping and rebuilding 911s into race cars, rebuilding engines and selling them around the world, designing and developing racing parts for 911s and, so on. But, I have very little 996tt experience and ran into a difficulty (a common one, according to RSS) with the installation of the IPD. But, I brought the issue to Vivid's attention first because they sold the product to me and I had spoken to someone at Vivid named Jessie, telling her that I was returning the item because I could not install it, wasn't sure it was genuine, and the buzz on the forums was that the plenum did not work.

The issue was that, on September 29, 2009, Vivid stated in this forum that they were no longer associated with RSS and, even though they had advertised and sold the IPD product as a performance enhancer, they had determined that it did not work. But, they still sold one to me even though they were not an authorized distributor, and on November 3rd, in an email to me, Vivid stated that they could not refund my money because they knew that the product worked. Which is it?

"I apologize you think we are bad people, but I have been extremely fair in my responses, assistance, supporting the Agency Power brand and probably have a 95% approval rating here with the 5% of people just not Vivid supporters."

It is widely known by 5% of the population that 95% of the population is below the average intelligence.

From another thread, a post by GT3 Super Moderator, in reply to another member's complaint against Vivid that was not substantiated with documentation:

"if it was from another thread then either post in that thread (if it hasn't been closed like this one) or pm Dan your questions and let him explain...why make your concerns public? That makes you look like you have a agenda...you say you want to buy his parts but first you flame his reputation in public....come on....use pm
...thread closed"

I, however, as GT3 recommends above, did email Vivid management and the reply was not satisfactory. I have not stated any opinions, only facts. I have provided information that will allow some percentage of this forum's population (5% ?) to come to its own conclusions. It is ludicrous to ask why one would want to make his concerns public - its called transparency. It allows the forum's public to make its own judgement about the integrity of the seller. In this case, the forum is owned by the seller and the threads are closed when the information being provided starts to provide enough transparency for the truth to be seen.

Can I predict the following words regarding this thread: "thread closed"?
Keep it to your personal experiences and your facts, don't get personal by name calling or insulting language and the thread will stay open and no one will be banned.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
mhall1019 you seem to think that any member can post anything they want about another member or a sponsor under the guise of "transparency"...well here is where your theory breaks down...we have had many instances where individuals or companies have joined the forum and in many cases created multiple accounts just to flame either a member or a sponsor....that is why we insist that accusations be based in fact and not hearsay before they are made public....this is the internet and it is far too easy to ruin someones reputation with rumor and third party information...there is no nanny state here...you can't expect IB to gather and provide information on every vendors policies...if you are going to spend money with any vendor then it is encumbant upon you as the purchaser to determine their return policy BEFORE you buy...and you also have no right to flame a vendor because of their policy after the fact when you didn't bother to ask a simple question...granted, I love the vendors of this board that tell you right up front "if there is a problem with fitment just return it for a refund" and I even appreciate the vendors that tell you up front "if there is a problem with fitment we don't give refunds just store credit" because they save those that don't have the initiative to ask up front from a nasty surprise if things don't go as planned...but basically my point is this..if you or the other member or your friend did not express your right to ask up front then what right do you have to flame the vendor after the fact...although Vivid's website does specify the return of an UNUSED item it would be helpful if the store credit only policy on installed items was clearly stated....jmho

perhaps the thrust of this thread should be more about the part itself and why are mechanics having difficulty with the install rather than a vendors return policy

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-13-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:43 PM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
Thanks GT3 Chuck, I agree. Vivid wants this to be right so they can sell more...

I would like to say again that Dan and Matt have been helpful and understanding. We have seen people on this thread that have installed them and they do fit, my AP Y pipe will be installed with AP IC's next week and I will update you all then on fitment. The shop that is putting these in is a different one then the shop that 1st attempted the install, w/ extensive aftermarket experince in Porsche, BMW...

Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Let us know how the intercoolers and new YPipe work out and please post pics!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor
Just an update on the Plenum for those that may or may not have a CEL. You MUST install the check valve we provide. You simply cut the rubber hose and put the check valve in the direction of the flow. This is the crank case breather line. The factory check valve is internal in the top piece of the plenum. This is why we supply one. Just an FYI for diagnosing.