996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Horsepower list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:48 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
My ride:

18.5 HP at the crank. RWD conversion.

So you're thinking 15-16RWHP?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost

Close...transmission's not very efficient...probably more like 10-12...

Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Not if he is running the blades . .

Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
I have the exact same set up but with the old Evoms Gt turbos. Very close to upgrading to Alpha30's

Originally Posted by buddyg
I have the GT700 kit from Evoms:

EVOMS GT700 Engine Tuning System Components for 6-Speed:
-EVOMS/TiAL Alpha GT High Flow Turbochargers featuring -Patented“Quickspool” Turbine Housing
-EVOMS Custom High Pressure Wastegates with Machined Aluminum Mounts
-EVOMS Machined Oil Line Conversion Adapters for Turbochargers
-EVOMS Billet Diverter Valves
-EVOMS/SRE Stage 3 Clutch Kit: 3850 Plate, SP Disc, TO Bearing and Hardware (Compatible with OEM Dual Mass Flywheel)
-EVOMS 996TT 70mm Stainless Steel Exhaust
-HJS 100 Cell Catalitic Converters
-EVOMSit GT700/Hitachi MAF Software Calibration with IST and SP
-EVOMS V-Flow Air Induction System
-EVOMS 89mm Billet MAF Housing Machined for a Hitachi Hot Wire MAF Sensor
-Hitachi MAF Sensor with Plug-and-Play Wiring Harness
-EVOMS 155mm Venturi Specifically Designed for the Hitachi MAF
-EVOMS 41.5mm Primary Tube Stainless Steel Headers
-EVOMS Silicone Boost Hose Conversion with Diverter Valve "F" Hose
-EVOMS 70mm High Flow Turbo Air Inlet Ducts (Rotational Molded ABS Plastic)
-EVOMS Braided and Fire Jacketed Fuel Line Upgrade, with Fuel Filter & Installation Kit -EVOMS Fuel Rail Upgrade
-EVOMS High Flow High Impedance Fuel Injectors
-Denso Double Platinum Spark Plugs
-OEM Gaskets/Installation Kit: Gaskets, Sealing Rings, Hardware, etc.

I believe the turbos are GT28?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
A more interesting list would be how to get the most performance out of the lest modifications. This is how you really compare tuners. Any tuner car through a lot of hardware, time and money to achieve maximum performance. The really good ones do more with less.

For example, if we compare 60 – 130 times, who produces the fastest pulls with the least modifications. My 3800lb cab with stock turbos, TI exhaust, clutch and Revo flash can consistently pull low 7.0 times. And I have to shift into 5th gear to hit 130mph. My car hits the RPM wall at 124mph in 4th, so my pulls always show one more shift than coupes.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
"obviously the more you have the better you feel but being objective I don't see a good reason to go beyond 600 either economically nor useable..."

True, I stopped at about 580HP to the crank. Very reliable and still very fast. I am faster than most cars unless I come up against another Turbo with much more HP.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yllwturbo
522 awhp and 540 torque. a28 turbos
With one and half turbos

Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I have the GT700 kit from Evoms:

EVOMS GT700 Engine Tuning System Components for 6-Speed:
-EVOMS/TiAL Alpha GT High Flow Turbochargers featuring -Patented“Quickspool” Turbine Housing
-EVOMS Custom High Pressure Wastegates with Machined Aluminum Mounts
-EVOMS Machined Oil Line Conversion Adapters for Turbochargers
-EVOMS Billet Diverter Valves
-EVOMS/SRE Stage 3 Clutch Kit: 3850 Plate, SP Disc, TO Bearing and Hardware (Compatible with OEM Dual Mass Flywheel)
-EVOMS 996TT 70mm Stainless Steel Exhaust
-HJS 100 Cell Catalitic Converters
-EVOMSit GT700/Hitachi MAF Software Calibration with IST and SP
-EVOMS V-Flow Air Induction System
-EVOMS 89mm Billet MAF Housing Machined for a Hitachi Hot Wire MAF Sensor
-Hitachi MAF Sensor with Plug-and-Play Wiring Harness
-EVOMS 155mm Venturi Specifically Designed for the Hitachi MAF
-EVOMS 41.5mm Primary Tube Stainless Steel Headers
-EVOMS Silicone Boost Hose Conversion with Diverter Valve "F" Hose
-EVOMS 70mm High Flow Turbo Air Inlet Ducts (Rotational Molded ABS Plastic)
-EVOMS Braided and Fire Jacketed Fuel Line Upgrade, with Fuel Filter & Installation Kit -EVOMS Fuel Rail Upgrade
-EVOMS High Flow High Impedance Fuel Injectors
-Denso Double Platinum Spark Plugs
-OEM Gaskets/Installation Kit: Gaskets, Sealing Rings, Hardware, etc.

I believe the turbos are GT28?
Buddy,
Dont you have some extra goodies in addition to the GT700 like a plenum and throttle body?
Mike

Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I am right about 600whp on a Mustang dyno. My mods are 18g's, FVD exhaust, 58lb injectors, 5bar and Meth injection. I still have all stock piping, stock IC's, stock airbox, stock MAF and stock paper air filter. My performance numbers are in my sig.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
See you all like to spend$$$$$ Me I am happy with 465rwhp on stock K24, Exhaust and Tune.

Peter

Old 04-30-2010, 01:15 PM
I am right about 600whp on a Mustang dyno. My mods are 18g's, FVD exhaust, 58lb injectors, 5bar and Meth injection. I still have all stock piping, stock IC's, stock airbox, stock MAF and stock paper air filter. My performance numbers are in my sig.
exactly my point. more performance with less mods. very impressive 60-130 time.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by robertp
exactly my point. more performance with less mods. very impressive 60-130 time.

Thanks Robert. Unfortunately, this is where I sit. I am all out, until I mod some more...

Old 04-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
This has sticky potential, can we get dyno graphs for all HP claims? I know everyone on here so far has posted a dyno chart at one point or another, but it would help to see them all.

Perhaps make it from 500whp instead of 700?

996tt only?

Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
Why the drop off after 5700 RPM?

good question. My guess is that the power band on those turbos is shifted way down. Look how much torque he's putting down in the low rpm ranges. There are much more powerful cars that aren't putting those numbers down at that low an rpm. So it may be that they are running out of steam above 6k or so. But nice big power curve.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:46 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
A more interesting list would be how to get the most performance out of the lest modifications. This is how you really compare tuners. Any tuner car through a lot of hardware, time and money to achieve maximum performance. The really good ones do more with less.

For example, if we compare 60 – 130 times, who produces the fastest pulls with the least modifications. My 3800lb cab with stock turbos, TI exhaust, clutch and Revo flash can consistently pull low 7.0 times. And I have to shift into 5th gear to hit 130mph. My car hits the RPM wall at 124mph in 4th, so my pulls always show one more shift than coupes.
Robert you can make a post about the above I just am interested in the original post for my own amusement. Not to pit tuners against each other but a fun list of rwhp, mods and who did them. Let's not overthink this too much!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horsepower list