996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Race precision RPI Exhaust from Redline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Race precision RPI Exhaust from Redline

My Europipe loud (76 mm) which has the absolute best sound in the world is the final restriction point on my set up.

Although I love, love, love the sound of my EP, I could pick up an easy 25 hp and faster spooling with a full 3 inch exhaust.

The RPI exhaust from Redline is a great buy and looks to be a full 3 inch all the way through.

I know its loud and has a bit of drone, but I am more concerned about performance.

Am I crazy to give up my EP for the extra power?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
jitsu... I've honestly got to say I agree... The EP2 sounds so amazing. It really does. The flow is very good on it too... Have you talked to them about building one of their custom set ups for you like CJV, Zippy etc... Otherwise whatever you get is going to add some interior drone/resonance. I dunno maybe tri marksi's or something? If you don't like it I'm sure he'd prolly take it back anyways?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks Sharky....the easiest thing to do is just to be happy with less than 800 hp, lol.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Dr. J, there are programs for people like you.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 PM
911 RV is infamous around these parts
I have the RPI and it is not that loud at all. Deeper tone at idle, crusing with windows up quiet in the cabin. However it does have the expected drone from 2k to 2.5k.
In looking at the muffler portion, prior to installing on the car you can look "straight through" and see the inside of each silencer. Nice quality and fit.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
My Europipe loud (76 mm) which has the absolute best sound in the world is the final restriction point on my set up.

Although I love, love, love the sound of my EP, I could pick up an easy 25 hp and faster spooling with a full 3 inch exhaust.

The RPI exhaust from Redline is a great buy and looks to be a full 3 inch all the way through.

I know its loud and has a bit of drone, but I am more concerned about performance.

Am I crazy to give up my EP for the extra power?

been telling you that for years... what made you finally decide...
3" all the way is my specialty lol

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
3" all the way is my specialty lol
3 inches is nuttin' to be bragging about there buddy

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Thanks Sharky....the easiest thing to do is just to be happy with less than 800 hp, lol.
My pleasure and hey... the Europipe is fantastic. No two ways about it _but_ if you were going to try the full 3-inch route might as well use Marksi's (support a 6speed vendor and all) since it's going to give you the power side of things... You could always sell the EP for good money later if you decide to keep it. Dunno just a thought. I haven't heard Marksi's in person but he and others say it's not too loud inside (albeit that's subjective). I know what it's like with the bigger HP cars. I had straight 5 inch pipes (no cats) back in the day... then went to cats, then some mufflers and finally went totally quiet. The thing is at your level of power the delta for a freer flowing muffler is going to be decent and something you do actually feel.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:48 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Dr. J, there are programs for people like you.
Would that be, "The first rule of fight club is there is no fight club", or the 12 step? j/k doc

Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 PM
I still need to know which GT2 owner has the worlds fastest BJJ, OhioGT2 or Jitsu?

Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Sean go with markskis system trust me you won't regret it

Old 04-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Sean,

I have a full 3" cross-flow system sitting on my shelf ready to go. I think you would love the sound and performance! PM if you are interested...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos