996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OneFastBeast
Sorry to hear, my bud's Skyline just got stolen in LA too! Theft is on the rise on modded cars!!! I thinking of putting a pager alarm!!! I got my 9 to do the rest
I just got a message from a guy who got his Speedster stolen as well.

They caught the thief on camera or something but they haven't found the car yet anyway. We'll be making sure both detectives on it get all the info and photos and descriptions from the other. Make sure your Skyline buddy's detective gets in the loop as well, there is some chance, same dudes may be operating.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Page
Mr. White, you said "Porsche says the cars can't be hotwired even if you have the correct keyblade." and yet they supposedly have driven the car out of the garage? So does that mean they would of had to have a copy of the key and it programed to drive off?

Don't know, but this might be a long shot. If someone may have recently had access to your key, could they of made a copy? Could there be some sort of evidence on or inside the key. Bag the keys, see if the police will go through the process to check for finger print(s) on the inside of the keys.
Porsche is saying to me:
With the keyblade (which could possibly be duplicated by a hardware store not going by protocol?) you can open the door locks and turn the actual ignition. The alarm will go off though and the car won't trigger the starter ithout the coding.

With NO keyblade but with a coded key fob that will disable alarm and immobilizer, you probably don't have more problems to hotwire than any other car. This seems more likely to me since the key has always been in my hands and never to un-trusted or un-referenced shops.

In Europe, stories circulate about thieves bringing their own ECU and swapping it out, then having the key that matches that ECU.

Porsche says they need key AND car to code a new fob, using PIWIS only. Without having the car, they say they can't make the coding.

So I am surprised, as well as disappointed in the weak theft security system of the car, to find that the car was taken, driven by it's own engine - when it wasn't supposed to be able to start.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:27 AM
Finalspeed is infamous around these parts
Very Sorry to Hear about your car! I hope it all works out for you. I had a car stole in college. Car was equipped with an alarm and steering wheel lock. Thieve switched out the steering wheel and cut the alarm in the middle of a crowded parking lot. My Dad also had his car stolen a few years back, police found it 7 months later in original condition. Looks like it sat in someone’s back yard the entire time. Keep checking you never know. I will keep an eye out.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
saiko88 is infamous around these parts
wow sorry to hear that... goodluck

Old 05-07-2010, 04:40 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe this is not a good suggestion but...How many shops had your car in their hands for servicing and other labors?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
very sorry to hear about this.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I still haven't seen anything on Craigslist Mr. White.
I hate people though, I really do. My wife had $400 stolen from her purse at work. AT F*^&%(# Work! She had it in a side pocket in an envelope, they left the envelope. So they had to go through her purse to get it. There was a meeting where only about 20 employees were not in attendance. They have the tall cubicles and if you’re not 5'10" then you can walk around and not be seen unless you’re on the same isle.
Did I say I hate people?

Old 05-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
Guys,

It is not very common to see things like this around here, but where I came from, this is the most normal and common thing unfortunately. I knew at least 4 Porsches that were stolen and everyone of them the owner was jacked.
I've been robbed more than 3 times with gun on my head and that's something that you'll never forget, but you just deal with it.
You have insurance, you're safe and it's all that matters for now.

No matter how many alarms, lojack, anything, if they want it, they will take it, and there is nothing you can do about it.

If things keep going this way, and the authorities don't do anything, we'll be driving armored cars in a couple years.

Sad but truth !

Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by emadelta86
Maybe this is not a good suggestion but...How many shops had your car in their hands for servicing and other labors?
Less than a handful in total and only two places are not friends/team or sponsors which were being promoted by me winning with their parts - those were the selling dealer and a Porsche dealer doing a diagnostic job once.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:19 AM
gregporsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Guys,

It is not very common to see things like this around here, but where I came from, this is the most normal and common thing unfortunately. I knew at least 4 Porsches that were stolen and everyone of them the owner was jacked.
I've been robbed more than 3 times with gun on my head and that's something that you'll never forget, but you just deal with it.

No matter how many alarms, lojack, anything, if they want it, they will take it, and there is nothing you can do about it.

If things keep going this way, and the authorities don't do anything, we'll be driving armored cars in a couple years.

Sad but truth !
You are right, your health and safety is most important. Now, I don't want to sound like a cowboy or anything, but I am always legally armed with 2 guns at all times. I truly hope no ******* makes the foolish mistake of trying to steal my car from me in a state that advocates deadly force to protect yourself and your property.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
I still haven't seen anything on Craigslist Mr. White.
I hate people though, I really do. My wife had $400 stolen from her purse at work. AT F*^&%(# Work! She had it in a side pocket in an envelope, they left the envelope. So they had to go through her purse to get it. There was a meeting where only about 20 employees were not in attendance. They have the tall cubicles and if you’re not 5'10" then you can walk around and not be seen unless you’re on the same isle.
Did I say I hate people?
Thx for looking, I got a bunch of ads sent to me and followed up on all, a couple in San Diego. Not my car though, or from my car.

People make me sad over development of mankind. Civilization? Yeah right.

Last edited by MrWhite; 05-07-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Guys,

Sad but truth !

The armored car comment is sad, and true. Just look at South Africa, thing are going the same way here it seems. Maybe the laws will also open up to allow flame throwers, hydraulic knifeblades etc on cars. If so, I'll be the first to be a vendor to sell those systems. With add-ons.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I checked in hoping for a happy ending and am of course dissapointed.

In regards to the deadly force, always give up the property! I have done a ton of reality based training and pretty much 100% of the time the guy w/ the jump and the weapon wins.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:02 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heeltoe914
Sorry this happen but life will go on, I know it happened to me selling my M3 E36 1999. I posted a for sale add online got a call to see the car and arranged to meet the potential buyer in a parking lot inside a strip mall. Small guy shows up about 140 pds. He looked at the car and As I look back almost daily now that its been three years. I was set up. I can tell you all the sign that pointed to what was going to happen before I got a 9MM put to my head with the sound of the lever pulled back right in my ear.
Things to think about and do if you are selling a car:
He was always calling from a blocked number? I asked for a number to return calls he said it was his friend’s phone.
He was looking at a car he knew nothing about. SIGN
He had someone with him but the other guy did not get out of the car that was parked Police style ready to go? My friends always look at cars with me right?
He asked me three times if I had Lo Jack.
During the test drive he ask three times for me to turn down dark streets I did not and did 90 MPH back to the public parking lot, but that did not matter, I got back he looked at me after I got him out of the car & tried to move within sec, the gun was in my face with the words (This car is going with me). What do you do?? I don’t care what some of the guys with big ego’s say. A 9MM is a 9mm. I have a son and a good life to go down over a car. He asked for my keys and my cell phone and drove away. Get this people in the parking lot where walking around and this guy did not care. I am so happy no one got involved with this guys finger on the trigger it mite have been my last night. Car was never found and YES every silver BMW M3 I check the vin# . But I can say from that day on I think about who is around when I get in and out of my car. What I do with my keys and where I park etc, etc,. I hope it works out for you man.

You did the right thing,let go your car.It's sad but it's the smartest thing to do.

I tell you that those guys without a gun are coward,pusy guys.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 AM
gregporsche is infamous around these parts
Mr. White:

Check out http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/27/f...curb-theft-fr/ .

Its a national database the feds established to track and identify stolen and / or scrapped vehicles in all states. Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!