996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gregporsche
Mr. White:

Check out http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/27/f...curb-theft-fr/ .

Its a national database the feds established to track and identify stolen and / or scrapped vehicles in all states. Good luck.
Thx for the update, I'll be verifying that mine's in the database. The problem is if they clone with a VIN that has never been reported it's hard to find out.

EDIT: Do I start to sound negative? Don't meant to be negative, just tough to keep the hope up. I'm persistent as f**k though so that's good.

Last edited by MrWhite; 05-07-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:33 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
And
searchtempest.com

Allows you to search all craigslists and ebay for specific terms.
Good luck.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
That's an option, but I would say for my personal experience that 90% of the time if you try to react you'll end killed. They have the surprise and they are always one step ahead of the game, unless you go out on the streets as a bait, waiting to kill those MTF, but for most of us is just not worth it.
I drove armored cars for a few months and gave up. I'm not the one that should be locked home, driving around on armored cars with security guards on my back .... there is something completely wrong there.

I had the opportunity to move, and that's what I did, it's just not worth it.

Originally Posted by gregporsche
You are right, your health and safety is most important. Now, I don't want to sound like a cowboy or anything, but I am always legally armed with 2 guns at all times. I truly hope no ******* makes the foolish mistake of trying to steal my car from me in a state that advocates deadly force to protect yourself and your property.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:59 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jjbravo
And
searchtempest.com

Allows you to search all craigslists and ebay for specific terms.
Good luck.
That, my friend, is how you've find amazing deals!!! Talk about nice, instead of trying to click around different craigslist areas etc etc.

And, maybe that helps to track down stolen Porsche parts as well.

Thanks for giving that secret away, let it be worth it to find my car (you'll have a track day on me in my car if we find it)

Old 05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
And a tip of the hat to you too sir.
Wish you only the best.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Talked to a dealership again... so the trend in advanced car theft is to use a radio wave recorder, wait when they see you parked, or just right by your home - and record the signal from the key.

That might be the old school systems where the immo is turned off by the alarm, and then the magic is off.

I think newer systems actually check that even if you unlock the car with the fob, if you stick the key in the lock or try to hotwire, it has to sense the right fob right there at the lock. And I doubt the fob is then radiating the same thing as when you push the button to open the lock. Maybe someone knows more.

Bottom end is: Our cars' alarm system generation seems to be able to be recorded. In this case, there's really not much to do, because anyone can wait anywhere or just roll by when you stop for gas.

I have posted a mod suggestion in the forum to provide some security against our alarm systems being overridden.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:22 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Talked to a dealership again... so the trend in advanced car theft is to use a radio wave recorder, wait when they see you parked, or just right by your home - and record the signal from the key.

That might be the old school systems where the immo is turned off by the alarm, and then the magic is off.

I think newer systems actually check that even if you unlock the car with the fob, if you stick the key in the lock or try to hotwire, it has to sense the right fob right there at the lock. And I doubt the fob is then radiating the same thing as when you push the button to open the lock. Maybe someone knows more.

Bottom end is: Our cars' alarm system generation seems to be able to be recorded. In this case, there's really not much to do, because anyone can wait anywhere or just roll by when you stop for gas.

I have posted a mod suggestion in the forum to provide some security against our alarm systems being overridden.

I watched a special on 60 minutes about this few months ago.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:29 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
I heard if you lock your car manually, there is no way to read your code. Has anyone else heard this???

Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Opening a car with a recorded RF signal is one thing, having a key transponder (which I understood to be very short range, like inches) is another. No?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by ard
Opening a car with a recorded RF signal is one thing, having a key transponder (which I understood to be very short range, like inches) is another. No?
Yep. So question is, do these cars disable the immo controlled together with the alarm via RF (oldschool), or does the immo turn off by transponder in the fob?

I have my codes for my car, a lot of transpoder codes, and also remote codes. Makes me thing they are different devices. And makes me wonder why they smashed a window... how did they in that case get around the transponder/immo?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:31 PM
z4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to all
Crazy stuff. I'll keep an eye out here in Tucson, AZ.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
gregporsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
That's an option, but I would say for my personal experience that 90% of the time if you try to react you'll end killed. They have the surprise and they are always one step ahead of the game, unless you go out on the streets as a bait, waiting to kill those MTF, but for most of us is just not worth it.
I drove armored cars for a few months and gave up. I'm not the one that should be locked home, driving around on armored cars with security guards on my back .... there is something completely wrong there.

I had the opportunity to move, and that's what I did, it's just not worth it.
You are right ; element of surprise .

Last edited by gregporsche; 05-07-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Just thought when my 82 911 SC was taken for a joy ride in 1998. I couldn't find anything amusing about it.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Can somebody test to disarm the alarm with the fob. Then leave the fob a good bit away from the car, and go see if it will start just using the valet key blade?

If so, no fob-short-range-immo-transponder necessary.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:24 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
I watched a special on 60 minutes about this few months ago.
I knew the dou*he bags were cruising around shopping malls grabbing WAP codes from the stores. I didn't know they were doing this for cars yet but it makes perfect sense.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
I knew the dou*he bags were cruising around shopping malls grabbing WAP codes from the stores. I didn't know they were doing this for cars yet but it makes perfect sense.
Yes the special I watched these guys would sit several cars away and with cell phones somehow pickup the signals as people would hold there arms up pointing there keys at the car and pressing the lock. They recommended locking car with key as not to transmit a signal? Pretty bizaare,then with the code they they could unlock the car and steal it? I thought it was far fetched when I saw it but it must be happening?

I'm going to search for episode and try to post link?

Last edited by 2muchtime; 05-07-2010 at 08:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!