996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 PM
GTO Steve is infamous around these parts
I just saw this post. Nothing pisses me off more than when someone takes or destroys another person’s possession... I hope they nail whoever did this. Good luck

Old 05-07-2010, 09:04 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Talked to a dealership again... so the trend in advanced car theft is to use a radio wave recorder, wait when they see you parked, or just right by your home - and record the signal from the key.

That might be the old school systems where the immo is turned off by the alarm, and then the magic is off.

I think newer systems actually check that even if you unlock the car with the fob, if you stick the key in the lock or try to hotwire, it has to sense the right fob right there at the lock. And I doubt the fob is then radiating the same thing as when you push the button to open the lock. Maybe someone knows more.

Bottom end is: Our cars' alarm system generation seems to be able to be recorded. In this case, there's really not much to do, because anyone can wait anywhere or just roll by when you stop for gas.

I have posted a mod suggestion in the forum to provide some security against our alarm systems being overridden.

IIRC the immobilizer works independently to the alarm and door opening mechanism and basically disables the computer when it doesn't sense the key.

If you can record the "wavelenght" coded message and reproduce it than I'm positive it's easy to trick the car to think it's a chipped key in the ignition. Remote starters work that way when you place the wireloop close to the ignition as most require.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagr...6&link=Bulldog

Old 05-08-2010, 05:36 AM
NathanialHale is infamous around these parts
Man sorry to hear this... good info though...

Old 05-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Ven
Ven is infamous around these parts
The old fasion club

Using a plain old club around your clutch or brake pedal may just slow the thief down enough for you to catch them. If it’s an amateur, they may just look for an easier target.

...sorry to hear about your loss though.

Vince

Old 05-08-2010, 09:18 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
sawc a movie wher they mounted a shot gun under the seat (aimed up your a**) would that work? might stain the headliner... reall am sorry to here about your car will keep an eye open in nor cal

Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
My car opens and starts with the plastic "backup" key. I doubt there is chip in that.

The more I think about this, the more I think Mr. White hit the nail on the head. They wanted a GT2 and got a wrapped TT. The car is probably dismantled or on a boat somewhere already.

Had an uninsured Rx7 Turbo II stolen in college. same story, broken glass. Alarm didn't activate because HKS turbo timer disabled it. They had stripped everything from the doors forward including (new) engine, Tranny and ridiculous sound system.

Anyone know where to get wheel locks for 15mm spacers ?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 05-08-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Topless TTS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by steve harris
sawc a movie wher they mounted a shot gun under the seat (aimed up your a**) would that work? might stain the headliner... reall am sorry to here about your car will keep an eye open in nor cal
Sad we need to feel this way about "protecting" our cars. But you really get caught up in the senseless and helpless feeling about losing your pride and joy you earned thru hard work to someone out to make a quick buck and taking short cuts in life without a conscience. Never had my car stolen, I get livid enough just having someone ding my car.

My condolences to you...but as a few have stated, in the grand scheme of things and possibilities (losing your life or a loved one over the car), it is just an object that can be replaced. Your time and efforts unfortunately cannot be...That being said, I hope someone finds the guy and f*#!s up the bastard!!!

Old 05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
My car opens and starts with the plastic "backup" key. I doubt there is chip in that.

The more I think about this, the more I think Mr. White hit the nail on the head. They wanted a GT2 and got a wrapped TT. The car is probably dismantled or on a boat somewhere already.

Had an uninsured Rx7 Turbo II stolen in college. same story, broken glass. Alarm didn't activate because HKS turbo timer disabled it. They had stripped everything from the doors forward including (new) engine, Tranny and ridiculous sound system.

ebay. i thats where i found mine for spacers.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:14 PM
SecondLease is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Yep. So question is, do these cars disable the immo controlled together with the alarm via RF (oldschool), or does the immo turn off by transponder in the fob?

I have my codes for my car, a lot of transpoder codes, and also remote codes. Makes me thing they are different devices. And makes me wonder why they smashed a window... how did they in that case get around the transponder/immo?
Do you know what option code your alarm was on the car? Looks like option M535 was a 315MHz anti-theft alarm. The concept of someone stealing the code by passively monitoring you is possible if that alarm did not vary it's code responses or used a predictable sequence of codes. I'd ask the dealer what encryption/modulation scheme the alarm was using.

Seems like the broken window is a sign they didn't have this level of scouting done, if it was possible. Are you sure the glass you saw was from your window and not just other glass or other automotive glass? I know that's a tough/odd question, but a smart thief would be smartest to have you thinking it was a crude job and not a sophisticated attack anyways, so worth a thought.

Most of these ignition lock systems are based on the KeeLoc cipher, which is not secure. Here's a link you may find of interest:

http://www.cosic.esat.kuleuven.be/keeloq/

Old 05-10-2010, 08:39 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari

Thx for testing that with the valet key.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
So is there nothing new on this? What is the insurance telling you?

Old 05-10-2010, 08:48 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SecondLease
Do you know what option code your alarm was on the car? Looks like option M535 was a 315MHz anti-theft alarm. The concept of someone stealing the code by passively monitoring you is possible if that alarm did not vary it's code responses or used a predictable sequence of codes. I'd ask the dealer what encryption/modulation scheme the alarm was using.

Seems like the broken window is a sign they didn't have this level of scouting done, if it was possible. Are you sure the glass you saw was from your window and not just other glass or other automotive glass? I know that's a tough/odd question, but a smart thief would be smartest to have you thinking it was a crude job and not a sophisticated attack anyways, so worth a thought.

Most of these ignition lock systems are based on the KeeLoc cipher, which is not secure. Here's a link you may find of interest:

http://www.cosic.esat.kuleuven.be/keeloq/
All good questions, could be glass from this car, could be glass smacked from the inside out, could also be tapped then pulled outwards. Either way, they probably didn't have to do it. I have my codes, have to look in my papers. Pretty sure it's no 1 code only looking at some other documentation.

Went on this morning to post the following:

Pls keep looking, the police are getting closer and are greatly helped if we keep forcing the thieves to sit on the parts from the car (if we = the community block the thieves from trying to sell anything).

I can't say too much now re what has been found out so far on the police side , in case the crooks are closer than we think, but they are definitely not treating it as the average car stolen case - most likely since they see a good chance solving this one.

I'm surprised how much PD interest there is.

Thanks soo much for your continued support!! Keep looking for parts/car!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
So is there nothing new on this? What is the insurance telling you?
Progress: More than can be advertised however big chances it's an inside Porsche community job.

Insurance: Not relevant at the moment, they will never pay what I have into the car in upgrades and time and my season in RTA is getting closer and closer to screwed (and I just won last race). I don't want to think about insurance now and before they even consider saying it's "lost" and paying back it will take time. During that time, I want to find the car.

EDIT: Sorry, I really don't mean to sound negative Hopapalooza it's just that the focus is 100% on finding the car and I'm still in turmoil over the work and effort put in, and the effects on my life and racing in case it's not coming back.

Last edited by MrWhite; 05-10-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
what about other teams/people you race against? since the car is hardly a daily driver, could someone want you not to be racing? is there money in it?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
what about other teams/people you race against? since the car is hardly a daily driver, could someone want you not to be racing? is there money in it?
Most of all money in the marketing. You are right in that if I kick their butts just jumping into the league it doesn't really reflect that they've been doing a great job, shops with a lot of ppl in the teams etc. It could put someone into a poor mood. All they'd have to do is hire ppl who can steal a Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!