996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
what about your wife who thinks you're a sucky driver and is tired of you talking about your car ....... could she have hired someone?

Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
what about your wife who thinks you're a sucky driver and is tired of you talking about your car ....... could she have hired someone?
I'm glad I'm not engaged to a Texas girl!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of people are looking for parts.
The police are following some leads and guess they are routinely shaking some trees.

So far a lot in this discussion here has been concerning how the car could possibly be taken.

Here's something I'd like to ask at this point:

- Where is the car at this point? (some shop - if so which shop? in the harbor - nobody's going to ship a car like this alone - and shipping a bunch of stolen cars is not an easy task)

Who would be the intended/specific buyer of my car / parts?
Which parts have any significant value, worth taking the risk with a car like this?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 AM
M Baker is infamous around these parts
For the last 8 years or so, in Honda's and Acura’s the remote function is coded completely separate from the key's immobilizer chip. The remote function locks and unlocks, rolls down windows/moon roof, opens hatches/doors, as well as turns the alarm on and off. The keys have an immobilizer chip in them that "talks" to the car to allow a start. Even if the remote works to unlock the car, if the key has not been programmed to that particular car, it will not start.

There is a RF receiver "ring" module around the ignition receiver - the key has to be within an inch or so of that receiver to "talk" to the car. So the key can be plastic or metal as long as it has that RF chip. The chip in the key is about the size of a grain of cooked rice. With Honda's there is no way for a thief to intercept that RF signal unless they were sitting in your car with you, holding their decoder next to your key!

Depending on the model, Honda/Acura only allows either 4 or 6 keys to be made for that particular model. Thus as soon as someone makes/programs an additional key beyond the allowable amount, 1 of those other 4 or 6 keys will not start the car anymore - one is "bumped" out.

Keys are made legally by proving ownership at a dealership. The dealership needs the car and they use either a laptop with Honda's software or the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) for two options: Option 1. "Add a key" - allows you to make an additional key, with potential of "bumping" a key out of the maximum 4 or 6 keys. Or Option 2. "All keys lost" which then starts a fresh code and all previous keys will no longer work.

You can tell you have a "bad" key if the car cranks but doesn't start - this happened to me the other day out on the used car lot. We had a used Acura with fuel that wouldn't start for a customer - it cranked but wouldn't "fire". I went in to get the spare key and it started right up.

If a Porsche has an ignition immobilizer system, even the "plastic" key will have a chip in it, otherwise the car will not start. I would think that Porsche would have a system at least as good as, if not more elaborate, than what Honda/Acura uses.

What certain car thieves are doing is breaking into a car, and then replacing the car's immobilizer module with their own immobilizer module they have programmed with a laptop. And they drive away.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:01 PM
More and more things are narrowing the trail down at this point, since stupid people always are, and will remain stupid people.

Pls everyone, listen to the gossip, check ads, keep tabs with the grapevine. This car is still radiating heat and it will get hotter shortly, especially for some rings of people. Pls keep listening!! Thanks!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
porsche has that cylindrical chip inside the key. it looks like a green capsule. car does not start with out it. this happened to me when changing to a 997 key shell with out swapping capsules. Not sure if there's a way to get around this. I guess someone with a copy of your key, hotwire/screwdriver, and a set of these capsules could pull it off.

If there's a lot of noise out there looking for this car, and if the theives were just semi-smart, they'd have broken the car apart, filed off engine/chassis numbers etc... basically making parts very difficult to identify rather than risk moving a complete car.

The engine and transmission are worth the most. May be the chassis. Overseas destinations are a possibility. Cars that are stolen here (hong kong), are usually stolen and broken down for parts locally because someone's ordered these parts directly, or complete car is exported into surrounding regions and sold as second hand.

Motor sport realm has demand for such parts as well.

Im sorry to hear you haven't found her yet.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:48 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Hopefully you and your car will end up on Overhaulin.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
The engine and transmission are worth the most. May be the chassis. Overseas destinations are a possibility. Cars that are stolen here (hong kong), are usually stolen and broken down for parts locally because someone's ordered these parts directly, or complete car is exported into surrounding regions and sold as second hand.

Motor sport realm has demand for such parts as well.

Im sorry to hear you haven't found her yet.

Thanks for chiming in, a lot of good points.

We here on 6speed definitely know in which area of motorsport where most engines are blown, it's no autocross.

So please keep it close on anywhere or anyone where where the need for a new engine is coming up, and where the replacement engine is coming from.

Next time it could be YOUR car targeted to get a replacement engine from.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 AM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by oak
Hopefully you and your car will end up on Overhaulin.
+1..... Maybe give Chip Foose a call!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:34 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Anyone been to Canepa recently?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:47 AM
just a bump

Old 05-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Meeyatch1 is infamous around these parts
Best of luck finding your car. I hope you get it back, and they bust the turds that took her from you!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:17 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MrWhite
just a bump
I've got to give some credit for staying as composed as you seem to be about this while ordeal. I know that your emotion doesn't really come though in written messages, but still. You seem to be showing a great deal of patience with the police and others involved.

I really hope they're able to find the car and get the ones that took it.

I'd be plotting my revenge at this point.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ColoradoSilver
I've got to give some credit for staying as composed as you seem to be about this while ordeal. I know that your emotion doesn't really come though in written messages, but still. You seem to be showing a great deal of patience with the police and others involved.

I really hope they're able to find the car and get the ones that took it.
+1

Jeff

Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Insurance plans?

Might of been covered earlier, but what is your insurance company iffering at this point? I had a similar thing happen to our family at Christmas where my Mother-in-law had her car stolen (with presents inside) from the mall. Insurance replaced the car after 2-weeks. 3rd week the car was found and we bought it at an auction for cheap-cheap.

Good luck and will continue to keep eyes/ears open.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!