996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ColoradoSilver
I've got to give some credit for staying as composed as you seem to be about this while ordeal. I know that your emotion doesn't really come though in written messages, but still. You seem to be showing a great deal of patience with the police and others involved.

I really hope they're able to find the car and get the ones that took it.

I'd be plotting my revenge at this point.
I can't do much else. I'm super upset and the best way is to keep busy to work out where it might be sitting. I really just want my car back, the other racing teams are getting ready for the next race and what I am doing??

I have to stay focused and think clearly about where it might be, becasue emotional influence will have me suspect anyone anywhere (which I already did and still do). Good thing has been the dialogue with the investigators, they have a pro attitude about it and a lot of experience.

Also, my ace is these guys most likely are expecting the owner to just use insurance and move on. However, why would I? These idiots didn't even watch out for cameras watching them.

It's pretty obvious that these were some pretty low IQ guys, the amateur way they did their recon - it's almost like some type of deperate act. With that conduct and trademark stupidity, these guys eventually always go down.

Only revenge feeling is that they are on camera, the day the police walks into one of these rings or just gets them via surveillance, they will be rounded up, and they'll get a few years behind bars to think about it while enjoying getting jail raped on a daily basis (these guys are pu**ies by the look of the video tapes).

Question is only what happens to my car in the meantime which is why I'm working to find it and keep the "heat" on it by asking everyone to keep looking for parts, shady stories, keeping tabs with who needs a new engine and where they'll get it from etc.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:47 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Might of been covered earlier, but what is your insurance company iffering at this point? I had a similar thing happen to our family at Christmas where my Mother-in-law had her car stolen (with presents inside) from the mall. Insurance replaced the car after 2-weeks. 3rd week the car was found and we bought it at an auction for cheap-cheap.

Good luck and will continue to keep eyes/ears open.
How do you ask them to replace a salvage 996TT doing the job of a 996 GT2 Clubsport?

With this company it's 3 weeks til they deem it a loss. However I have four years to settle with the insurance company and right now I'm not in a hurry.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 AM
The car is still not returned to it's owner (= me). Pls continue to keep your eyes open.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know anyone at Wicked (who makes crazy rebuilds of accident Porsches)?

Someone might try to approach those guys with my car.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Did you try calling Wicked?

Old 05-17-2010, 03:42 PM
EnzoXYZ is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear. I think we should have extra law/rule on stealing or damaging a MAN's property.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:50 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
man that really really really sucks sorry to hear about this incident....the person who stole your car must of been a solid porsche tech or something to be able to hot wire the car and get past the security items of the car... and its bad to hear that the car is salvage and used for racing, insurance is going to hate that...man i hope something good happens to you soon

Old 05-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Did you try calling Wicked?
Not yet, in my experience calling anywhere in this country whether it is buying something or getting anything done you need to have a reference to get a decent/honest/response, prob cuz there are too many talkers (= one has to break through the noise and the most efficient way is knowing someone who knows the one you want to talk to). Or maybe that's just LA...

So I was posting to see if anyone knows those guys, thus I'd coming off a better baseline when talking to them.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by adamls2
man that really really really sucks sorry to hear about this incident....the person who stole your car must of been a solid porsche tech or something to be able to hot wire the car and get past the security items of the car... and its bad to hear that the car is salvage and used for racing, insurance is going to hate that...man i hope something good happens to you soon

Racing is really not a problem unless I crashed it at the track and expected my regular insurance to pay for damages but for racing, drifting and track days I use Everitt Boles Motorsports Insurance and can recommend it, u never know when another car spills their oilpan contents right in front of you, even if you're not taking any particular risks.

It was insured as salvage so that's no news to the insurance company, the problem for me though is that any sort of payback if the car isn't found isn't going to get close to covering the cost of a car doing the job of a 996 GT2 Clubsport. That was my "win" of the whole rebuild job I did from salvage back in last year, having a really super great car at low cost, just tons of hours building it back up to perfection and better. It just completely sucks... I thank you for the good words.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Gone but not forgotten. Just bumping, not gotten the car back.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:42 PM
ClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura aboutClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura about
Not to be a 'Debbie Downer", but I wonder if this baby went straight to the docks and is halfway to Singapore.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I think you're being pretty realistic. Either that or it's been chopped up and boxed in 15 different crates and shipped to various used parts distributors. Or it's still sitting somewhere waiting for any of the above or something else.

But it doesn't stop me from scrutineering anything related that I see, until life moved on enough to give it up.

Btw, is there really NO ONE who knows anything about Wicked? I mean, they have all the kinds of body parts and work we like on these cars (wings, bumpers) yet they are never mentioned as a source for parts.

I contacted them so no biggie, just curious, their product lineup is impressive, question is quality?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:07 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Unless your car was totalled again they probably wouldn't want anything to do with it. Your spoilers are not ugly and disgusting so they would have no use for those either.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
in some countries, 1st time offenders are punished by loosing limb(s). In my opinion, this method is probably more effective than the threat of jail. The system is just too lenient in developed "advanced" civilizations. But at least in america, citizens have the right to bear arms.

I feel for you mr. white... I think the chances of tracing the theif is higher than tracing the car. Has it been determined how your car was started? Unless P cars with the capsule chip are regularly stolen, this is one area that doesn't smell quite right.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, some one earlier said maybe a mechanic or somebody working on the car had a dupicate key cut and coded, smashed galss to make it look like a break in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!