996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:19 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by leftlane
Probably a silly question, but any chance that your underground garage (or maybe a local business) has a security camera?

Also - how easy is it to remove the wrap if the thug wants to swap the color real quick? Will he even know it's wrapped?

Hope it works out - if my car gets stolen I never want to see it again. I'll just take the check and start over.
No camera but will look across the street, they have a couple of entrances facing my entry.

Porsche says the cars can't be hotwired even if you have the correct keyblade.

Wrap's probably half a day if not more to remove since it wraps in under lights etc, and some of the sponsor stickers on the windshield will take at least 30 minutes each to take off due to their design (I sworn many times over those).

The garage ground has a clear tire mark from my front left, so that tire rolled out. Either pushed or driven.

I spent 9 months and hundreds of hours building this car by own hand, it saved my life in an accident back in August and I build it back from it. I put my whole heart into this one, dangerous for sure since this can obviously happen... but at least it wasn't a person who was taken away, after all it is a car.

What pisses me off the most is all the hard work I put in. I will never build a car like this, it's a dream shattered.

This is really common in Europe. I had it on my Z4 over there. I wish I would have had it one this car.

I always take precaution and would probably tell if I was followed home unless done by a pro (cuz I don't pay THAT much attention), but I can't hide it from sight when ppl go scanning garages for interesting cars.

I don't think anyone with actual knowledge of the car took it since it's way too unique, has salvage title, it's NOT a GT2, every piece I put is hot/marked in some sort of way, and the car (like most cars here) has such an unique combination of mods that it's impossible to try and move it.

So, maybe the cops spot it somewhere in the next day or two, in 1 piece or torched, or it's getting shipped to Easern Europe or China or something.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rossandbeth
.................................................. ............
Probably want to directly let these guys know
http://www.portoflosangeles.org/secu...ort_police.asp

Talking to them right now. Thanks for the hint!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear about the theft. Will keep an eye out for you. Hopefully it can be recovered quickly. As others have already pointed out, these cars are way too unique to sell/part out here in the States without drawing attention.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks all for your supportive comments, it's really appreciated.

If I would have known how I feel now, I'd have wrapped the car in chains, built a small minefield around it for parking at night, and put flame throwers under the car in case the alarm would go off. Etc.

A tale from a guy back home was he got sick of small time gangsters who broke into his car, so he put a 140 or 150 dB alarm signal inside the car with a few seconds delay. He heard it went off and found the ganster crying on the ground with bleeding ears, completely unable to standup/disoriented and no balance. The owner of the car got off the hook for bodily harm since he had a small sticker on the side window saying the car had an alarm system.

I wish I had one installed.

Pls guys really think it over how you protect your cars and take measures. I live in a safe area where 50-100k$ MBs are common as Hondas and Porsches are common as Benzes. Literally I see 3-4 Porsches every day of various kinds so doesn't really feel like my car stood out (too much).

Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah keep your eye out for GT3 and Cup arms, parts, engine, gearbox, KW with custom lathed spring seatings, Rotec seats etc.

Only an idiot would try to move any of those parts anytime soon though, and even if he tries later, if you all remember this thing happening, PM me cuz I know where and how I marked each and every single piece that's not a strictly OEM dozen part.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:48 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
man sorry to hear but i know exactly how you feel .i had my m3 stolen at king of prussia mall, near philly, i stoped in at neiman marcus to gets omething 45 min tops and i came out and no car. it was parked few spaces from the front entrance...

i asked the vellet guy if he saw anything he said no... then cops asked for the surveilance cams tapes and they said they have not been working for the last few days.... weird right? cop smiled and said , "hope you have insurance" told me that they wont bother looking for it cuase its either in peices right now or allready on a conatiner to be shipped out.

car was supercharged all sorts of motor work done etc. had a hell of a time with the insurance company trying to rip me off . i never ever felt so violated in my life.

good luck .

Old 05-03-2010, 12:00 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Mr White... I'm so sorry.. this is another example of the kinds of SCUM that exist out in the World.. One of my friends just had his 3 day old brand new Motorcycle stolen...

I hope the whole Porsche community bands together and helps to find the Car....

Best of luck to you and I hope you get it back in one piece.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Yeah keep your eye out for GT3 and Cup arms, parts, engine, gearbox, KW with custom lathed spring seatings, Rotec seats etc.

Only an idiot would try to move any of those parts anytime soon though, and even if he tries later, if you all remember this thing happening, PM me cuz I know where and how I marked each and every single piece that's not a strictly OEM dozen part.
Also.. I am sure you are doing this, but post in EVERY Porsche and High Performance Car forum you can think of..

Porsche Club Of America
Porsche Owner's Club
Rennlist
Renntrack
luxury4play

etc...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-03-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: nice try
Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
bummer... hope insurance covers for the mods should it come to that.
hopefully the car was stolen to be parted out, but you can recover prior, that way just a window repair. if joyrided, and recovered, i wonder how much room insurance allows for claims on engine/drivetrain. good luck
Usually OE parts are more expensive than mods so it's financially ok to get paid back just for lost OE stuff. An OEM decklid is for sure more expensive than a glass fiber replica... I could have added an "upgrade" value but in this case I just want the car back, hopefully with a totally blown engine cuz at least then I could get a new engine for it = no worries about severe internal damage from the theft).

Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
So sorry.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:17 PM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
WHAT??? This makes me sick. We have "chatted" online before, and I've followed your car. I know how much heart you have in it. My stomach just dropped. I am SO Sorry!!!!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:30 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
wow sorry to hear

best of luck

Old 05-03-2010, 01:13 PM
AdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to all
I know how you feel! My 1st M5 was stolen after just 3months of ownership. I can't stand people who do this kind of stuff. My heart goes out to you. I hope they catch them. good luck

Old 05-03-2010, 01:38 PM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Do you have all 3 keys in possesion? 2 Remote keys and 1 grey valet key? The vehicle has a imobilizer that runs through the central door locking system and alarm thats located under the drivers seat. There is no way to overide it without a transponder key in the ignition. It kills the starter and fuel pump. Either you do not have all the keys or there was another one out there that was coded to your vehicle that you knew nothing about. As far as the glass on the ground thats a great cover up to throw you off track to think it was stolen without a key!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Also as far as the picture of the yellow club.........wow I havent seen one of those used in years........they bypass that by cutting the steering wheel!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!