996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:44 PM
grandpa is infamous around these parts
uggghhh!! absolutely disgusted to hear this, and i'm very sorry for how you must feel. i'll keep an eye out for anything funny here in socal.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
MrWhite, if you haven't already, I would also suggest posting the info. on forums for other car make/models (especially the regional sub-forums when applicable). Despite some friendly rivalry here and there, car enthusiasts typically look after one another. If the car is still on the streets of SoCal, it will get spotted sooner or later. Best of luck to you!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear that. Will keep an eye out. Hope you find the f*ckers and give them what for!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:56 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear. I'll keep an eye out.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I hate to hear this and I'm sorry you're going through this.

I hope they find the people responsible and give them the rubber hose treatment.

Have you tried posting a flier at your complex where people can read it? You never know if someone saw something. Try posting it near the mailboxes.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
rbb1991 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your car.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:34 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
has anyone tried lojack on their cars? this looks promising:

http://wot.motortrend.com/6628299/te...how/index.html

Last edited by dfwerdoc; 05-04-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:45 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I bought a GPS tracking system for my car, but have never installed or used it. It's just sitting on the mail table (for about 4 years now). Once I started tracking I figured I wouldn't need it at the track. Seriously thinking about installing it. Would be great to catch some people in the act.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:50 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Owner #1 put lojack in my car....

JB

Old 05-04-2010, 10:21 AM
rossandbeth is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
has anyone tried lojack on their cars? this looks promising:

http://wot.motortrend.com/6628299/te...how/index.html

Interesting comment at the end of the article:
"
Pauld34 (March 15 2010 03:11 PM)

As a former Lojack executive I will say this;
LoJack has run it's course. Their sales are falling faster than they can keep up. Their technology is antiquated and the run is done. These new products and the evolution of OEM and manufactures getting in the game will be their down fall. Their management stinks, their product is truly not what they claim, their coverage is horrible and the police in many towns are dropping like flies. The GPS product mentioned here is far superior to lojack and their failing product Proximity plus which has also failed miserably. Stop believing the hype, thier time has come and their time is gone. GPS and it's technology are the real deal. Buy GPS all day.
"

company 10Q on LOJN shows a lot of negatives but 09 was a tuff year.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:25 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
We put up notes asap on the apt building and across the streets.

Immediately got pinned down a smaller timeframe.

Also a witness of some rather unusual activities called me up yesterday. Follow-up on that to come.

Through the big net laid out over the streets of LA and across forums there are information coming that it might have been stolen from someone with quite some experience with this car type...

Pls keep looking out for parts (also OE parts)!

Thanks soo much everyone for keeping this in the back of your head, and letting me know when/if you run into something too good to be true, something fishy.

Posted to all boards I could possibly think of and will continue the flow today by help of many friends.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear.

You might cast a wider net of places that might have had a video pointed at a street- even if it was a block or two distant. You might get lucky. (Offer them a cash reward if their video helps, or $50 for their efforts to get the tape...)

Sucks man...

A

Old 05-04-2010, 03:08 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ard
Sorry to hear.

You might cast a wider net of places that might have had a video pointed at a street- even if it was a block or two distant. You might get lucky. (Offer them a cash reward if their video helps, or $50 for their efforts to get the tape...)

Sucks man...

A
This is a very good idea and will be done asap.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of
Damn, bro Im sorry to hear about your car. I hope you get it back soon. I had a car stolen once but it was recovered after a week. Turned out the guys were joy riding in the car the only thing missing was the change for tolls and my subwoofer and amp. Not a scratch on my car. Hopefully you have the same out come.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:39 PM
CSL996TT is just really niceCSL996TT is just really niceCSL996TT is just really niceCSL996TT is just really niceCSL996TT is just really nice
Damn thieves!!

Sorry for your loss, I'll keep an eye out on your car. I'll have my friends in law enforcement keep an eye out as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!