996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:31 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AceRothstein415
Very very sorry to hear; IMO, a thief with the know how to steal a vehicle of this caliber is pro and the car may be out of the US already, or getting ready to be moved out of the country. Do you have insurance on the mods? Best of luck in the resolution of this terrible situation.....
Thanks...

It's believable that it could be on it's way out of country but until the facts are out I try to not make any "limitations" in my mindset and will still appreciate any help to keep eyes out for parts or to see the car.

It could be part of someone following a shopping list and don't know anything about the car... then since it was driven out it must have been a sh*t their pants moment when the exhaust blows off - usually at least 1 car alarm go off if I'm not ultra careful on throttle, however that exact car that goes off first, was out (bummer). Anyways, on top of it the metal content in my brake pads make them squeal like 4 really scared pigs at all pressure levels until they have track driving heat. Sure it wasn't the nicest ride, especially with the broken door window. Just really irritating a crusier didn't pick up on it (which can also mean it was taken to a really close place).

Anyway, police are still gathering info, if you hear, see or suspect ANYTHING, let it be known!

Old 05-06-2010, 01:18 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Did you find conclusive (video) evidence it was driven out?

Being able to start it would seem to point to a high level of sophistication.... (or maybe we are all just blissfully unaware...)

Old 05-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Boomers996tt is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear this!!!!

You will be better off if they don't find it. Those orangautangs have probably trashed it if they haven't already shipped it off somewhere.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
That's usually how I'd feel if it wasn't a car I restored and spent so much time on, at this time I really really just want it back.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by dick_997
Sorry to hear, hopefully insurance comes through for you. Hopefully it being salvaged titled won't limit a fair offer.
They cut it 50% from a non-salvage car. Not the route I want to go.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:10 PM
slick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura about
sorry to hear, hope things are resolved quickly.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:48 PM
heeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by unvmy996
when my m3 was stolen they rollbacked mine... i had an alarm and the works on it also....

Will your insurance cover the aftermarket parts on it ? how do you have it setup?
Sorry this happen but life will go on, I know it happened to me selling my M3 E36 1999. I posted a for sale add online got a call to see the car and arranged to meet the potential buyer in a parking lot inside a strip mall. Small guy shows up about 140 pds. He looked at the car and As I look back almost daily now that its been three years. I was set up. I can tell you all the sign that pointed to what was going to happen before I got a 9MM put to my head with the sound of the lever pulled back right in my ear.
Things to think about and do if you are selling a car:
He was always calling from a blocked number? I asked for a number to return calls he said it was his friend’s phone.
He was looking at a car he knew nothing about. SIGN
He had someone with him but the other guy did not get out of the car that was parked Police style ready to go? My friends always look at cars with me right?
He asked me three times if I had Lo Jack.
During the test drive he ask three times for me to turn down dark streets I did not and did 90 MPH back to the public parking lot, but that did not matter, I got back he looked at me after I got him out of the car & tried to move within sec, the gun was in my face with the words (This car is going with me). What do you do?? I don’t care what some of the guys with big ego’s say. A 9MM is a 9mm. I have a son and a good life to go down over a car. He asked for my keys and my cell phone and drove away. Get this people in the parking lot where walking around and this guy did not care. I am so happy no one got involved with this guys finger on the trigger it mite have been my last night. Car was never found and YES every silver BMW M3 I check the vin# . But I can say from that day on I think about who is around when I get in and out of my car. What I do with my keys and where I park etc, etc,. I hope it works out for you man.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Mr. White, you said "Porsche says the cars can't be hotwired even if you have the correct keyblade." and yet they supposedly have driven the car out of the garage? So does that mean they would of had to have a copy of the key and it programed to drive off?

Don't know, but this might be a long shot. If someone may have recently had access to your key, could they of made a copy? Could there be some sort of evidence on or inside the key. Bag the keys, see if the police will go through the process to check for finger print(s) on the inside of the keys.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:16 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
what about the place that you got the white wrap done ........... they were the last to spend a significant amount of time with your car. maybe a punk got attached to it after working on it and seeing all the trick parts and decided to make it his own.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
OneFastBeast is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear, my bud's Skyline just got stolen in LA too! Theft is on the rise on modded cars!!! I thinking of putting a pager alarm!!! I got my 9 to do the rest

Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear. Could the key have been duplicated when the car was in for it's wrap?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 PM
harkerdude is infamous around these partsharkerdude is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heeltoe914
Sorry this happen but life will go on, I know it happened to me selling my M3 E36 1999. I posted a for sale add online got a call to see the car and arranged to meet the potential buyer in a parking lot inside a strip mall. Small guy shows up about 140 pds. He looked at the car and As I look back almost daily now that its been three years. I was set up. I can tell you all the sign that pointed to what was going to happen before I got a 9MM put to my head with the sound of the lever pulled back right in my ear.
He was always calling from a blocked number? I asked for a number to return calls he said it was his friend’s phone.
He had someone with him but the other guy did not get out of the car that was parked Police style ready to go? My friends always look at cars with me right?
During the test drive he ask three times for me to turn down dark streets I did not and did 90 MPH back to the public parking lot, but that did not matter, I got back he looked at me after I got him out of the car & tried to move within sec, the gun was in my face with the words (This car is going with me). What do you do?? I don’t care what some of the guys with big ego’s say. A 9MM is a 9mm. I have a son and a good life to go down over a car. He asked for my keys and my cell phone and drove away. Get this people in the parking lot where walking around and this guy did not care. I am so happy no one got involved with this guys finger on the trigger it mite have been my last night. Car was never found and YES every silver BMW M3 I check the vin# . But I can say from that day on I think about who is around when I get in and out of my car. What I do with my keys and where I park etc, etc,. I hope it works out for you man.
whoa quite a story there.

and Mr. White, I'll keep my eyes open for your car.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
what about the place that you got the white wrap done ........... they were the last to spend a significant amount of time with your car. maybe a punk got attached to it after working on it and seeing all the trick parts and decided to make it his own.

The shop where the wrap was done is definitely below the bottom of my list of suspects. The car did not go to a wrap shop, but the wrap guy came to the shop which is part of my team and as far as we all know, he never had access to the key during the time.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by harkerdude
whoa quite a story there.

and Mr. White, I'll keep my eyes open for your car.
I'll second that...

Such *******s in this world, I feel for you man..

I hope you prevail in this terrible situation, best of luck!

Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by heeltoe914

You can't talk to a gun, good decision to let go.

Horrible experience. I go to my garage thinking I am relieved that wasn't the way they took it.

Oh I will also check not only VIN but a couple of other things on every turbo I see, until I find it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!