996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:46 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

MAY 5 LATEST UPDATE: STOLEN BETWEEN 2.30am and 3.30am Monday morning MAY 3rd.

The car was observed DRIVEN out from the garage around 3.30am Monday morning. It was driven out with the lights off.

Pls still keep eyes open for parts, or the car, as the police are gathering more information.

STOLEN FROM: REDONDO BEACH (South Bay Los Angeles)

PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN ON BOARDS, EBAY, CRAIGSLIST FOR ANY OF THE PARTS LISTED IN MY SIGNATURE.

2002 Porsche 996TT, 2WD converted.
VIN: Last six digits 685229

Silver base color w silver/black interior. Wrapped white at time of theft but easy to see that it is silver (door jambs, mirrors, under the lids etc).

Nurburgring sticker rear window.
Hankook stickers all over car.
COBB Tuning windshield banner.
City Tire sticker on windshield and front lip.

GT2 body kit with black wicker on rear wing (very unusual).
GT2 OEM wheels, lots of scratches and curb rash - unusual with GT2 scraped wheels! Could also be pushed as refurbished.

GMG 4-point roll cage - serial # on request, if a GMG cage in great condition turns up with serial removed, it's very likely STOLEN.
Rotec carbon fiber seats - like new (black leather/alcantara w silver stitch)
Schroth 6-point harness (black w yellow logos) brand new.

GT2 and GT3 Cup control arms and toe links
Eibach racing swaybars

Handmade custom race exhaust, non cross over w racecats.

Bimmec 20mm bolt-on hub extenders (spacers) with or without bolts.

Durametric Reader Enthusiast with my VIN in it.

Last edited by MrWhite; 05-07-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: New info
Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Car

Any more details?

Where was it stolen from?

You sure you didn't get towed?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:56 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Stolen from my spot in my underground garage in Redondo Beach (South Bay LA), stolen between 5.30 SUNDAY May 2, and 6.30am Mon May 3.

Shattered glass on driver side.

Last edited by MrWhite; 05-03-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
Oh, no! So sorry to hear... I'll hold that 16G kit for when you (hopefully) get it back!

This is why we can't have nice things

Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Man, that really, really sucks.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Bummer... Hope you get it back in one piece and in good condition.

On a side note... I thought these cars were "relatively" difficult to steal? Something about needing the chip in the key and the without it prevents the car from starting even if hot-wired?

Old 05-03-2010, 08:20 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Agree - really, really sorry.
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Man, that really, really sucks.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:21 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Very sorry to hear this, hope you find it quick!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
If you have comprehensive insurance, I hope they lose control of the two-wheel drive with all of that power, hit a tree, spend a night in the hospital, and wind up in jail. You're better off not getting the car back once it's stolen. Good luck either way.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 AM
x50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to behold
stolen

wow, I was told these cars are imposible to hot wire, with all of the security built in. That sucks, sorry to hear it.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:34 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Probably a silly question, but any chance that your underground garage (or maybe a local business) has a security camera?

Also - how easy is it to remove the wrap if the thug wants to swap the color real quick? Will he even know it's wrapped?

Hope it works out - if my car gets stolen I never want to see it again. I'll just take the check and start over.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear about the theft...but agree with the guys above...isn't this car supposed to be very hard to steal? I would have imagined they would need a tow truck...but yet you're saying it was in an underground parking lot and the glass was shattered...for the amt of money it costs to program the key, it better be theft proof!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I have had this happen to me in Huntington Beach, CA. A real bummer.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Man i am realy sorry,that SUKS.I just can't undestand why this people do that.You were so exated because of the wrap up and so on.It's a very nice car and you a good sport man.
I hope you get it back nice and in one pice.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Mulholland996TT is infamous around these parts
F-ing sucks! Sorry to hear it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!