996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Atlanta Boarders: Which Porsche Dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:04 PM
hhazrati is infamous around these parts
Frank,
I met you at the last N.GA. Mountain run, and you didn't have flip flops on!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by hhazrati
What if you have a surgery scheduled and your anesthesiologist(me) walks in with a nose ring, muscle shirt and flip flops and tattoos...But he is a great at what he does (so you hear).
I'd say "put me out Doc"...

Old 01-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Yes quality of work is important!
Yes it is. And so is the Service Manager's approach to warranty work.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Carmel is infamous around these parts
Wink

I've bought 3 Porches from Jim Ellis and never understood why they would put you in a POS loaner in the first place. Most people who drive Porsches have serious expectations of the cars they drive. Now that my 2004 Cayenne TT and 911 TT are both up for service checks (~15K mi each) I will definitely go to Hennessy.

Thanks guys

Old 01-22-2005, 05:43 AM
Well today is day 5 of my "ordeal" with Hennessy. I took the car in on Monday with losinf clutch fluid. They didn't look at it untill Wednesday. They replaced the Slave and gave me the car back (apparently without a test drive). I took the car home and noticed a big increase in clutch pressure. I took it back on Thurseday and was told the clutch accumulator was bad too. They had not noticed it initially. They said that there was non to be found anywhere untill Monday. This would be OK, but for the fact that I have a PCA DE track event this weekend. This is a must attend for me I haven't missed a PCA DE since I bought my TT.
To their credit, Joe Lynch is doing his best to locate an accumulator today. This is just an unfortunate circumstance. I think that Hennessy, after all this is trying their best to correct it.
I have my fingers crossed today (while driving the POS Taurus they gave me). I do not want to miss a DE. I might have to take my Navigator on the track.

Old 01-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
hhazrati hope to see you thier.Hope its warmer than today..Its bloody cold.

Old 01-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Did you have an appointment (for Monday) when you took the car in?

Did you specifically ask if they performed a test drive after they replaced the slave?

Old 01-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Neil, we will See You tomorrow.

Yes, Dock I made an appointment. No, Dock I didn't think to ask them if they had done a test drive, or if they had done their job and fixed what I had brought the car in for!
I am stupid, I just assumed that when they called and said the car is ready for pick-up, it had been fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Jeff and Joe came through today my car was fixed!
I will see every one at RoadAtlanta tomorrow.

Do any Atlanta boarders actually track their cars?

Old 01-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts

I probably will as soon as I put my JICs on.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:10 PM
No, Dock I didn't think to ask them if they had done a test drive, or if they had done their job and fixed what I had brought the car in for!
I am stupid, I just assumed that when they called and said the car is ready for pick-up, it had been fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!
No problem, I just thought you had taken your car in for a leak, not high clutch pressure. It sounds like they fixed the original problem when you took your car in the first time.

Last edited by Dock (Atlanta); 01-22-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't track my Turbo.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Re: Well, I picked Hennessy.......

I just dropped off my Porsche. I am extremely dissappointed with the POS Ford loaner they gave me. When you pay $120k for a vehicle, you expect more! My wife always gets a MB loaner when she drops off her $50K Mercedes Truck.
This was my first dealer visit, and I am not too happy.
Did you purchase the car from Hennessy? If not, you are furtunate to get a loaner of any make. I did not purchase either one of my P-cars from the local dealer and when I take them in for service, I do not get a loaner. Their courtesy van will take me back to my office, however.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Epilogue

Well, Hennessy came through, they found a accumulator in some warehouse, they sent someone to pick it up, the car was ready Friday afternoon at 5pm. Thanks to Jeff and Joe. They came through when it counted.
I just finished 2 days of DE at RoadAtlanta, what a BLAST. The first day was steady rain, there was 37+ spin-outs and 2-3 heavy contacts (with the walls). The TT, with its AWD shined. There wasn't a single car in my group that could keep up. I passed at least 2-3 cars on every lap.
Second day was 17F but sunny. The TT shined again. In two days of tracking I wasn't passed once! These cars are made for the track! To all of you who have never done it, go for it! There is nothing like coming out of turn 7 into the back strait and hitting 135-145mph in no time. Leaving every other track car in the dust.
I know it isn't real racing, but there is nothing better than starting at the very back of the group and reeling in car after car as you go through the pack.
With the HP, the suspension, and the AWD, you almost feel like you are cheating. It make you look good even with your very limited talent.