996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

It's a black out!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Nope, me thinks it smells rice.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:22 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
I just wish we had the same LEd options for the turbo / WB cars as the NB has.

I have a set on my NB that looks a lot like the 997 lights. It really cleans up the rear end a lot

Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
looks sweet, I would just be concerned when braking its not too visible...

Old 05-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
I like...now time to black out the emblem (or at least silver instead of chrome), and black out the tial pipes...that would look sinister. I have a diy thread on here for the tail pipes that is easy and looks great.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by boca996tt
looks sweet, I would just be concerned when braking its not too visible...

It looks really dark, but when the brake lights come on they are definitely visible (granted, not as much as if they were stock, but they are still highly visible). I'm leaving my third light stock, so it should help

Old 05-09-2010, 12:25 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
I'm leaving my third light stock, so it should help
The smoked aftermarket third braked light is a multi - bulb LED unit and is MUCH brighter than stock. You should consider it.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:43 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RickEager@***.n
The smoked aftermarket third braked light is a multi - bulb LED unit and is MUCH brighter than stock. You should consider it.

And where would I find such a light....?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:46 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-09-2010, 09:16 PM
z4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to all
Great look.

Z4MET

Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM
BOOMER7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
With major props to RiA for selling me his tinted rear lights. Here are a couple of preliminary pics. The car is dirty, so I won't be taking any "sexy" pictures for a little while (in the process of packing and moving, so time is limited )

Before

Part way through

After

Profile shot

I like the looks of these lights on the black car. I know not everyone will, but to me it is uber
WOW............ very nice

Old 05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
I like...now time to black out the emblem (or at least silver instead of chrome), and black out the tial pipes...that would look sinister. I have a diy thread on here for the tail pipes that is easy and looks great.
+1. I have done both, which are cheap but have a nice impact.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Scottslaw

Ahhhhh, the modding....it is a virus. The power.... The aesthetics.... The fun!!!

I'll look up your link for the tail pipes--they're almost black anyway from the way these engines run

Old 05-10-2010, 10:44 PM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
Nice touch, Dave. Looking forward to seeing this at the reunion.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
unterbergamotte has a spectacular aura aboutunterbergamotte has a spectacular aura about
The Blackout really shows the body line extensions from the lid into the lamps. Never really noticed that before. Nice...

Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned
DRIVN Ind. is infamous around these parts
That looks fantastic. Ive always been a fan of tinted lights on various cars. I was thinking about doing them on my seal grey car along with carbon badging, but not sure id like them once I got them on there.

Either way that looks great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's a black out!!!!!!!