996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

It's a black out!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:13 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Cool It's a black out!!!!!!!

With major props to RiA for selling me his tinted rear lights. Here are a couple of preliminary pics. The car is dirty, so I won't be taking any "sexy" pictures for a little while (in the process of packing and moving, so time is limited )

Before

Part way through

After

Profile shot

I like the looks of these lights on the black car. I know not everyone will, but to me it is uber

Old 05-08-2010, 04:26 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
That looks Fantastic.
Love that look.
Congrats. Ria (Rich) is a great guy and sold you some really nice treats.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:50 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Looks fantastic! Now ya just need some painted bumperettes.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:09 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Very cool Dave - they look great on your car, but we need more pictures!

Glad you like them and that nothing happened to them in transit.

Cheers,
Rich

Old 05-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
That does indeed look good! Congratulations on the new mod.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
it loos great on a black car...where can I get a pair?

Old 05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Looks fantastic! Now ya just need some painted bumperettes.

Darnit Now that's MORE money I gotta spend . Good idea

Old 05-08-2010, 06:37 PM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
Wow, my Black 996 needs these. Where do I get them and how much?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:50 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
With major props to RiA for selling me his tinted rear lights. Here are a couple of preliminary pics. The car is dirty, so I won't be taking any "sexy" pictures for a little while (in the process of packing and moving, so time is limited )

Before

Part way through

After

Profile shot

I like the looks of these lights on the black car. I know not everyone will, but to me it is uber
Looks GREAT!!! Now you need a smoked 3rd Brake Light... That's what I had too do...

Attached Images  

Last edited by RickEager; 05-08-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:39 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
To those asking how much and where.... 10 dollars at your local auto parts store - can of vht niteshades. I used it on 5 cars now with very good results.

If you dont trust your own hand, any decent body shop can do it. It's a mixture of black paint in clearcoat sprayed over the lenses. I was quoted 100 dollars, so I did it myself.

Here is my old 911 with VHT on the upper part of the tail lights and the side markers

Last edited by NOLA911; 05-08-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:04 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Related thread... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lem-w-law.html

Last edited by RickEager; 05-08-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by RickEager@***.n
I saw that thread...hopefully the LEOs will just think it's ...

Old 05-08-2010, 08:43 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NOLA911
To those asking how much and where.... 10 dollars at your local auto parts store - can of vht niteshades. I used it on at 5 cars now with very good results.

If you dont trust your own hand, any decent body shop can do it. It's a mixture of black paint in clearcoat sprayed over the lenses. I was quoted 100 dollars, so I did it myself.

Here is my old 911 with VHT on the upper part of the tail lights and the side markers
Thank you for this info. Wow, I really like the "half" black out there. Looks great!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:33 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
blackout...

no problems in florida......at night you don't see the blackout, in the daytime I haven't gotten hassled here yet...................
I love the blacked out look.......For the faint of heart, you could go medium tint.I got the dark film but if you are concerned about LEO awareness, medium still looks great............

Attached Images   
Old 05-09-2010, 07:38 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I was behind an American car of some sort that was driving like a lunatic. My wife said, he doesn't even have any brake lights! As we got near him at a stop light you could see he had his rears blacked out to the point you could barely see them. Super unsafe in his case and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get pulled over all the time.

If I had a black car I'd consider medium at most.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's a black out!!!!!!!