996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Buying my first Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
4 owners may not mean anything bad but i woudl use it in my favor negotiating a great price. Good luck. These cars are built like tanks.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
stealthdriver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Greff is an ok shop- customer service and communication is terrible. We dont have a local porsche dealer anymore, but the entire service staff started a new place called nola sport. They are probably the best for a ppi. If it's already done, I'm sure Greff handled it ok.

Did they send you the PPI from greff?
Anything to do with your screen name?

The dealership was closed today, I will definitely ask for the PPI from them tomorrow. This is getting pretty exciting. I think this may finally be the Porsche I buy. Oh and the Porsche dealership was just bought by this same Ray Brandt guys

Old 05-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by ari
4 owners may not mean anything bad but i woudl use it in my favor negotiating a great price. Good luck. These cars are built like tanks.
Thanks for the advise. This is definitely the type of car I want to buy (vs c6 z06 and viper).

Old 05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stealthdriver
Anything to do with your screen name?

The dealership was closed today, I will definitely ask for the PPI from them tomorrow. This is getting pretty exciting. I think this may finally be the Porsche I buy. Oh and the Porsche dealership was just bought by this same Ray Brandt guys
Nope no affiliation, NOLA is just a common short for "New Orleans Louisiana." I didn't even know they existed until another member told me to try them out.

The ray brandt salesman who came up when I went by there last week told me the same thing about them buying porsche. That would be great for my service, as it's walking distance to my office.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Nope no affiliation, NOLA is just a common short for "New Orleans Louisiana." I didn't even know they existed until another member told me to try them out.

The ray brandt salesman who came up when I went by there last week told me the same thing about them buying porsche. That would be great for my service, as it's walking distance to my office.
New Orleans Louisiana? makes sense. Thanks a lot again for checking it out for me. The dealer told me it was in immaculate condition with no dings, dents, or chips. Its hard buying a car without seeing the car first hand. Thanks again.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:33 AM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Price is in the ballpark.

(Don't test drive it, unless you're ready to buy it.)

Old 05-10-2010, 07:42 AM
etchu is infamous around these parts
price sounds fair.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:14 PM
EnzoXYZ is infamous around these parts
4 owners is a lot

Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
prices on turbos are going up, so chances are it will sell. A 140k car selling for 40's is ridiculous so if you like it and ppi is good get it

Old 05-21-2010, 01:57 PM
b00m is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JG GT500
Price is in the ballpark.

(Don't test drive it, unless you're ready to buy it.)
Not sure what this means. Test drive anything you want.

But, perhaps you pulled the trigger b/c I don't see it listed at Greff any more. If so, congrats and best wishes!

Old 05-21-2010, 03:41 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
It it just me or does that rear wing look a little wider then stock? Looks like it hangs out a little further over that rear light a little?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by b00m
Not sure what this means. Test drive anything you want.

But, perhaps you pulled the trigger b/c I don't see it listed at Greff any more. If so, congrats and best wishes!
Yep, put down a deposit, bought the plane ticket, and heading out in a few weeks to test drive it and if I still like it I'll drive it back

Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
Four owners are not abnormal for these cars. My 2001 had two previous owners and currently has 8100 miles on it. There are many people that purchase these cars as third cars and or Sunday rides. Do your research on the service history and look at the rev report. It's not abnormal to have plenty of stage one readings and hopefully just a few stage two. Also a PPI is of importance as mentioned. As a price reference, I paid $42,500 for mine 9 months ago and I thought that was a fair price for the amazing condition and documented miles. Waited until I was fifty to get my dream car and couldn't be happier with the exception of the spoiler malfunction Somewhat normal on these cars. Enjoy!

Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by willieboy
Four owners are not abnormal for these cars. My 2001 had two previous owners and currently has 8100 miles on it. There are many people that purchase these cars as third cars and or Sunday rides. Do your research on the service history and look at the rev report. It's not abnormal to have plenty of stage one readings and hopefully just a few stage two. Also a PPI is of importance as mentioned. As a price reference, I paid $42,500 for mine 9 months ago and I thought that was a fair price for the amazing condition and documented miles. Waited until I was fifty to get my dream car and couldn't be happier with the exception of the spoiler malfunction Somewhat normal on these cars. Enjoy!
Damn that was cheap

Old 05-21-2010, 09:50 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stealthdriver
Yep, put down a deposit, bought the plane ticket, and heading out in a few weeks to test drive it and if I still like it I'll drive it back
Exactly what I am doing right now. Flew from Columbus, OH to Charlotte to pick up my 996tt a few days ago. Drove down to Charleston, SC in the car, then up to Myrtle Beach in two days from now, then I will be driving back home. Put 500 miles on the car in 4 days and am loving every minute .

Best of luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying my first Porsche