996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone with experience with Grundy or Hagerty Insurance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:04 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Anyone with experience with Grundy or Hagerty Insurance?

Does any have any experience with Grundy or Hagerty agreed value insurance?

With as much time and money many of us have in modding our cars, it would seem the prudent thing to do. I am currently with a popular company for all my insurance needs, but as much as they say my "stated value" (professionally appraised) insurance will cover my car, all my research says this isn't necessarily the case, definitely too much ambiguity and the policy doesn't have the same wording as my agent claims.

I have also thought about keeping normal coverage and then getting some type of rider to cover the added coverage, but very few if any seem knowledgeable about this kind of coverage.

My research comes down to 2 insurance companies, Grundy and Hagerty, I have requested quotes form both with Grundy being about $700 cheaper a year. At this point I am looking for other members experiences before pulling the trigger.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
I too would like to hear any information regarding this. I have Geico and pay about $800/year, and have EVERYTHING with USAA and they were $1600/year.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:53 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I use Hagerty on three cars. (2) '69 442's and a 2001 Prowler.

I talked to Grundy and Hagerty both when I was shopping for insurance on the 442. Grundy was a adamant about how many miles you can drive the car and for what occasions. According the them I couldn't take the car to the grocery store or to work. Supposedly, they could deny coverage if they suspected you took the car to work or found a shopping bag in the car. I was only allowed to go on a "Sunday Cruise" or to and from events. Not sure what their policy would have been on the a newer car like the Prowler.

I called Hagerty and they didn't care how I drove the car or really how often. They implied that the car should be used less than 2500 miles per year and all would be fine.

I have an agreed value policy on all three. All they required was photos to prove the condition of the car. If the value was reasonable that was all they needed. IF they felt you were trying to insure it for too much they required an independent appraisal.

When my wife bought her 2008 Corvette 427 Edition Z06 we looked into having it added to our Hagerty policy. They would cover it but it was about 50% higher than what Allstate covered it for under a normal policy.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Denver996tt has a spectacular aura aboutDenver996tt has a spectacular aura about
Chris - I have Hagerty on the 356, and am thinking about moving the turbo to there too.

Hagerty is very well regarded in the collector car community. While I've never had a claim with them I know others who have and they were very pleased with the service.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:35 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
You might also consider Leland West. They offer an agreed upon value policy with your choice of 2500 or 5000 mile per year useage.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:22 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Hagerty as well. Just like Eric said they are none too concerned with miles driven. The only thing they really wanted to see in my case was the registrations for two other vehicles. I had to prove that I had two other vehicles and this was a third car for the two licensed drivers in my household or they would not bind the coverage.