996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help - How to install silicone hoses (Turbo)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:14 AM
vshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Help - How to install silicone hoses (Turbo)

Hi,

I have a forge silicone hoses to install at my 996 turbo.

How can I remove the clip located behind the rear indicator?

Is necessary remove the back bumper?

Best Regards,

(sorry my english).

Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 AM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, you need to remove the rear bumper. It is quick and easy to do. Do a search here as I think there is a thread for rear bumper remaoval

Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
rear bumper removal off top of my head.

4 screws on top of edge where decklid rests when closed, black bracket comes off. 2 bolts for each tail lamp (be gentle plastic housing bracket is brittle), lamp harness connector unbuckle, under side some bolts, these are obvious, and may be some in mud guard area (cant recall sorry). Not too difficult.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
when you do install the hoses... use some grease like substance on the ends so yo do not damage or cut the rubber O rings....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-10-2010, 12:12 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I did mine without removing the rear bunper. Just jack up the car. Also, use a lub on the o-rings and make sure you do not crimp them or they will leak.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 AM
vshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for your help.

I had remove de bumper. It´s vert easy (5-10 min.).

Next, I have start install the upper hoses.

Today, I will finish this operation.

Perhaps, nest week, I will do a repro.

Best Regards,
Vitor S.
(Portugal)