996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Europipe 76mm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
enoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to behold
That europipe sounds delicious, is that a bov sound or factory boschs'?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
If the tips were made 76mm then would there be any real big advantages in hp gain or overall tone?
The 70mm or 76mm tips are just one of the several determent factors of the exhaust.

The backpressure of the exhaust is due to :

1. The 100 cell cats : the cell number , the cell structure , the foil thickness , the lenght and the diameter determine the backpressure
Stock cats are 300 cells so 200 cell cats are just semi-sport cats

2. The 90 degree bend after the cat going into the muffler : the diameter and the radius of the bend determine the backpressure

3. The muffler itself : the diameter and the configuration of the tubes determine the backpressure

4. The 180 degree U-turn inside the muffler : with a tight U-turn the backpressure will increase. A big muffler with lots of room for the U-turn will create less backpressure

5. The 90 degree bend and the diameter of the bend coming out of the muffler determine the backpressure

So don't expect big advantages of bigger tips. Besides 70mm is the biggest diameter for the dual tips.

Hope this info is usefull !

Old 05-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Stef,

Was this a custom exhaust? I had the loud w/ cat deletes and love, love loved the sound of it, although it was the restriction point on my car (I am making mid 700 rwhp).

I finally, grudgingly sold it and went w/ a full 3 inch throughout system.

Would this particular exhaust have better flow than the EP loud that I sold?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
FLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the rough
Dr.Jitsu, What did you end up getting?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:53 PM
FLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by enoyskt
That europipe sounds delicious, is that a bov sound or factory boschs'?

The car is 100% stock other than the EP. A flash is next but I am debating wether or not a should wait until my CPO is done in a year and a half. I don't think I can wait that long .

Old 05-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FLpaindoc
Dr.Jitsu, What did you end up getting?

BBI race, no cats

Old 05-22-2010, 11:24 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FLpaindoc
The car is 100% stock other than the EP. A flash is next but I am debating wether or not a should wait until my CPO is done in a year and a half. I don't think I can wait that long .
You do realize that as far as PCNA is concerned a different exhaust is a "cpo buster"... (although you can swap the stock one back ii, should disaster strike)

Old 05-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Stef,

Was this a custom exhaust? I had the loud w/ cat deletes and love, love loved the sound of it, although it was the restriction point on my car (I am making mid 700 rwhp).

Would this particular exhaust have better flow than the EP loud that I sold?
Dr_jitsu ,

I don't know who FLpaindoc is so I don't know what exhaust he has.
All our TT exhausts have a serial number on the right side cat , when I know the number I can tell what it is.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Hope this helps...

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2010, 03:37 PM
WOW, Suman's old exhaust....small world!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:17 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
WOW, Suman's old exhaust....small world!
Indeed- check out user 'highhats' avatar...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post1356822

A

Old 05-24-2010, 04:29 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
The 70mm or 76mm tips are just one of the several determent factors of the exhaust.

The backpressure of the exhaust is due to :

1. The 100 cell cats : the cell number , the cell structure , the foil thickness , the lenght and the diameter determine the backpressure
Stock cats are 300 cells so 200 cell cats are just semi-sport cats

2. The 90 degree bend after the cat going into the muffler : the diameter and the radius of the bend determine the backpressure

3. The muffler itself : the diameter and the configuration of the tubes determine the backpressure

4. The 180 degree U-turn inside the muffler : with a tight U-turn the backpressure will increase. A big muffler with lots of room for the U-turn will create less backpressure

5. The 90 degree bend and the diameter of the bend coming out of the muffler determine the backpressure

So don't expect big advantages of bigger tips. Besides 70mm is the biggest diameter for the dual tips.

Hope this info is usefull !
very helpful, Thanks a ton.

Last edited by 2muchtime; 05-24-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Poor Suman.....this was before his car got held up at IA......

Old 05-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta love the Europipe. I've been on the pipe since 2003 (?). Started with the EP2Loud. I miss it! Stef is awsome. I believe my current Europipe has 70MM & 76MM dual tips.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Zippy; 05-24-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Reading this thread is making me anxious...Dr_jitsu's old EP loud with cat bypass pipes is scheduled for delivery to my house in two days.

Last edited by MikeR397; 05-24-2010 at 10:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Europipe 76mm