996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tial Gt28 tiptronic car beat a CBR1100 RR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 AM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Tial Gt28 tiptronic car beat a CBR1100 RR

Vince 007911 raced my friends Honda CBR 1100 2007 year model bike with modified exhaust yesterday with his Tial Gt28 turbo car and pulled on the bike by 1 car length.

...they went from 60 to 160, 4 times and every single time the result was about the same.

For all those who think its hard to pull on a litre bike ...completely wrong.

His car is about 650-700 Hp tiptronic with meth injection. EPL mustang dyno #'s 540 AWHP and 600 Tq.

In fact our cars are about the same on street, so even a k24/18g with injectors and the right mods can take on a litre bike!

We will have a full daylight HD video next week.

According to dragtimes this bike traps 135-140 mph. Just impressive a 3500lbs car can even keep up.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Heck yea. Totally possible. I beat an R1 on 16/16's. Good
job Vince.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:46 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
niiiiiice !!!

how is the tip holding the power ?

Old 05-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vbmw335
Vince 007911 raced my friends Honda CBR 1100 2007 year model bike with modified exhaust yesterday with his Tial Gt28 turbo car and pulled on the bike by 1 car length.

...they went from 60 to 160, 4 times and every single time the result was about the same.

His car is about 650-700 Hp tiptronic with meth injection. EPL mustang dyno #'s 540 AWHP and 600 Tq.

In fact our cars are about the same on street, so even a k24/18g with injectors and the right mods can take on a litre bike!

According to dragtimes this bike traps 135-140 mph. Just impressive a 3500lbs car can even keep up.
Nice! I love beating up on liter bikes. On the street, I've typically found them to be slower than everyone claims they are.

How much do you want to bet someone will blame it on the rider? They'll say a good rider wouldn't have lost. Happens everytime.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:00 PM
007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of
Hi guys,

Yes, I too was surprised. I thought he was going to leave me by bus lengths but that didnt happen. We raced 4 times with the same result. Also he has been riding bikes for the past 10 years so I think by now he knows how to ride. I think he was shocked more than me. He just had a dumbfound look on his face. However, he did say one thing, "How much does a 996tt cost, Im going to start looking for one." I can tell he was serious so we may have a new board member soon.

We are going to run again and make sure its on video.

We raced to a little under 160mph, It was very apparent that above 130mph my car was superior. As Mike (Mbaily) and Todd (Vivid) have both suggested rear intake, TB, intake, and IC will really help so those are my next mods...once I get employed again.

Good times, cant wait to run again.

Last edited by 007-911; 05-16-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vbmw335

Beating them from 60 is just awesome

We beat new gixeer1000 and busa'a from 85 with tip 997tt modded VTG's which is made less hp/tq than ur car.

U need to try it against gixxer1000's or busa's from 85

Goodluck

Old 05-16-2010, 02:38 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Great goin Vince! Look forward to the video...

Old 05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
How much do you want to bet someone will blame it on the rider? They'll say a good rider wouldn't have lost. Happens everytime.
lol that would be me...The difference between a really good rider that is not afraid of these bikes and a guy who just rides can be a second or more.The bike also comes into play......all liter bikes of model and year are not created equal.I do have to laugh when people talk of beating Busa's with a vtg car and a tip.I am sure that 50% or more of the people on this forum can "operate" a motorcycle.......How fast do you think they would be if we left them at the track with a stock Busa for example?Just my opinion from being around many serious bike drag racers.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
lol that would be me...The difference between a really good rider that is not afraid of these bikes and a guy who just rides can be a second or more.The bike also comes into play......all liter bikes of model and year are not created equal.I do have to laugh when people talk of beating Busa's with a vtg car and a tip.I am sure that 50% or more of the people on this forum can "operate" a motorcycle.......How fast do you think they would be if we left them at the track with a stock Busa for example?Just my opinion from being around many serious bike drag racers.
Joe - I understand that there are different levels of riders out there. My point is that no matter how good the rider is, he still can't defy the huge effects that wind-resistance and a overall lack of HP has on a bike's acceleration at high speeds.

I've race probably a dozen or so bikes and none of them have been nearly as fast as I expected them to be. The fastest one was the modded 'busa in that vid I posted a while back, and it was ridden by a guy that claimed to have taken it 9.1 @ 155 at the strip. To me, that sounds like a fairly skillful rider (at least in a straight-line), but I honestly don't know for sure.

Of course, the other guys all thought they were good riders as well. A few of them were pulling some nice, showy wheelies that made them look to me like they knew what they were doing.

I guess I just a need a liter bike to finally beat me in a roll-on race and then maybe I'll start giving them more credit than I do. I promise!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-16-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:17 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Joe - I understand that there are different levels of riders out there. My point is that no matter how good the rider is, he still can't defy the huge effects that wind-resistance and a overall lack of HP has on a bike's acceleration at high speeds.

I've race probably a dozen or so bikes and none of them have been nearly as fast as I expected them to be. The fastest one was the modded 'busa in that vid I posted a while back, and it was ridden by a guy that claimed to have taken it 9.1 @ 155 at the strip. To me, that sounds like a fairly skillful rider (at least in a straight-line), but I honestly don't know for sure.

Of course, the other guys all thought they were good riders as well. A few of them were pulling some nice, showy wheelies that made them look to me like they knew what they were doing.

I guess I just a need a liter bike to finally beat me in a roll-on race and then maybe I'll start giving them more credit than I do. I promise!
Hey Scott... I hear ya and i agree that a car like your Proto modded turbo has the advantage over a liter bike even with Ricky Gadson at the controls but i disagree that a GT700 or lesser power Porsche can can "spank" a Busa or a late model liter bikefrom a roll on at the normal 60-70 mph start.It just won't happen if there is a really good rider(bike drag racer) at the controls and not just someone that rides or does tricks.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:19 PM
007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of
Trust me, I was surprised as well. He is a good rider and he street races often. He was not afraid to push his bike to 160mph and I know if we had more road he would have pushed it even higher. Honestly, I dont care if I am a head by one car length or behind one. The simple fact that this car can keep up with a liter bike is just insane. This is the same car, same setup, that I have driven in a foot of snow or strong rain storm. I have 80K miles on the car and I drive the hell out of it daily and it just keeps on going. Tell me what other car has so much utility, is as easy to maintain, and has this type of performance? Just down right impressive! I just love this car.

Last edited by 007-911; 05-16-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:29 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I think the Honda in 07 was a 1000 cc (not that it matters), not a 1100 cc. The old gsxrs were 1100 cc though.

Congrats you have a fast car!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:52 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
i agree, next time he run tell him dont be scare and drop it down to FIRST gear. liter bike can do 100 mph in 1st gear. now see how u can pull him

Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by yllwturbo
i agree, next time he run tell him dont be scare and drop it down to FIRST gear. liter bike can do 100 mph in 1st gear. now see how u can pull him
I am aware he can pull 100 in first gear...12,000rpm redline. Ill tell him hopefully he won't pull a wheelie and loose control in the windy city.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:32 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Wow, good run. What boost were you at? Is it 2wd or 4wd?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tial Gt28 tiptronic car beat a CBR1100 RR