996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Brake Disc Life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frissen
Are these bolt on items?
Yes. If you get 350 mm diameter, there is a spacer that goes between the stock caliper and spindle. Spacer not needed for GT3 calipers.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Yes. If you get 350 mm diameter, there is a spacer that goes between the stock caliper and spindle. Spacer not needed for GT3 calipers.
Is the spacer provided?

Pics of the set up already mounted?

TIA

Old 05-19-2010, 12:18 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frissen
Is the spacer provided?

Pics of the set up already mounted?

TIA
I bought mine from Craig at Rennstore. The spacers were provided inthat kit. I assume that the vendor above provides them as well.

The picture below is after I installed the GT3 caliper in front.

Jon

Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 AM
element256 is infamous around these partselement256 is infamous around these parts
If you keep your pads fresh, you might not ever need to change your rotors.
Always use the manufacturers suggested bedding techniques on the pads you aquire as well and this will give them a much long life too.
If you bed them improperly they will wear improperly and thus can cause wear and\or damage on your Rotors pretty quickly due to uneven surface contact.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:37 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Ok so after 50K miles my rear Brake rotors are physically worn (as there is a defined lip at the top edge) but they in no way cracked around the drilled holes and the surface is extremely smooth, so there is simply no need to change the rear rotors yet if I add some new Pagid Yellow brake pads ? (my front rotors have been changed but that was due to front pads beyond the limits)

Old 06-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by RichardCH
Ok so after 50K miles my rear Brake rotors are physically worn (as there is a defined lip at the top edge) but they in no way cracked around the drilled holes and the surface is extremely smooth, so there is simply no need to change the rear rotors yet if I add some new Pagid Yellow brake pads ? (my front rotors have been changed but that was due to front pads beyond the limits)
If the rotors are within the wear limits (see post #7 in this thread), then there is no need to change them.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I'm not hearing anyone talking about machining the rotors when the pads are replaced... Is that a not the usual procedure?