996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

If you had the chance to do it ALL over again....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:13 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
I would have gotten the UMW ecu flash before upsolute. Other then that, nada Oh yea, not getting r comps for daily driving sooner.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
No knockoff parts... put a TA style wing on my car that is not "right" still on but just should have left it stock or upgraded properly with a legit company like Tech Art or OEM GT2.... other then that which is no big deal I am happy with all my mods.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
I would have gotten with Boost Logic sooner so I could have been dominating the records even earlier!!! Though honestly since Justin didn't have the standalone together at that point I would still for sure go with EPL. I wish he was around sooner because I would have been working with him even earlier than I already did.

But honestly... I bought the car for it to stay stock and just pimp around. Then I got a chip, then exhaust, and it went to hell from there. Honestly would I do it again? Yes... Unlike a lot of people who build these cars for enjoyment and the occasional romping... I have a major addiction to speed where once I get use to the power I get VERY bored with it. Which is where I am at with my car right now. I'll be 100% honest my 4.89 pass the car didn't feel that strong, but when I nailed the 4th gear shift I thought this has to be it. Then I saw the 4.9 pop up on the display and when I loaded the file on the PC and it read 4.89 I was bouncing off the walls. One other thing that I've always had in me and I don't know why I just like proving stuff can be done when people say it couldn't. When I had my Camaro everyone told me we would never go 8s even after doing the last round of mods. First pass on the n2o (with the n2o kicking on 40-50ft out (stupid RPM pill for my activation switch)) it clicked off an 8.9 @ 151 standing on the rev limiter from the 1000ft on. I love to accomplish stuff that everyone says isn't possible, and it's not for bragging rights... It's more to show people that sometimes you have to think outside the box to get something done...

I think I would have started off with Protomotive. But we live and learn! Congrats Chris and Justin for creating such a unique car.
Robert

Old 05-18-2010, 07:11 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Stay away from 6speed?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Agreed. I used to live happily with stock power. Then 6speed and All my mods started.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I started with a flash and suspension from SharkWerks - shortly thereafter wanted (needed) more power and upgraded to GT28s. I'm now on my 4th exhaust system and have gone to the dual-chip technology from SharkWerks/EVOMSit and think I'll stay right where I am.

As a side note, I've recently found my race mode also includes brake-boosting

It's set up just right for me and is very driveable for my daily commute.

The only thing I would have liked to do differently is minimize the exhaust system swaps...

Old 05-19-2010, 09:18 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I probably would have done k24/20G's from the get go.... with full Proto intake system....

Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Would have gone right for the 997 SSK instead of wasting my money on the B&M...

Old 05-19-2010, 05:46 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
I would have installed a brutally efficient car theft prevention system. Then kept on doing what I was doing. (focus on fast laptimes)

Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
I would have installed a brutally efficient car theft prevention system. Then kept on doing what I was doing. (focus on fast laptimes)
which theft system do you think you will go with next time Mr White?

Old 05-20-2010, 03:18 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
which theft system do you think you will go with next time Mr White?
It will be a self-designed custom made system by myself and one of my best buddies who's a hardcore professional in the wireless industry.

Prio 1 is to make sure the car just doesn't get moving at all by it's own or per trailer no matter how much experience with a modern you might have. Since trailer can always be used with enough opportunity as in no one around who cares, a set of redundant sensors will tell if the car is moving and set of certain number of various triggers (here brainstorming is wild but anything that fits a budget will be included). The redundancy shall also act to not set off an unusual amount of false alarms. It can also help when parking wrong/getting towed...