996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT vs 997 GT3 GoPro HD test

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
996TT vs 997 GT3 GoPro HD test

Did some lapping with a friends 997 GT3

Just got a GoPro HD camera setup, very cool and impressive footage for what it is.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:31 PM
007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of
Nice video, I want to pick up one for when I go to the track or do pulls on the highway.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Was using the fully enclosed case, trick appears to be to use a few layers of scotch tape or hockey tape over the mic. I'm at the track again today will try it out and post some more vids. Try a few different mount locations as well.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Nice vid,good lap.Were you guys racing or just following each other at the track ?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by rdss
Nice vid,good lap.Were you guys racing or just following each other at the track ?
Just following for the video, I passed him and started to pull away, he had a camera on the front of his car. Just waiting for him to put it up then I'll link it.

His other car is a 996 cup car that he races, hopefully he brings that out to play next time.

Got a bunch more today, tried a few different angles. A friend has a new V8 M3 with the ESS supercharger so we did some dicing on video. Also did a run in a beck 550 spyder on track, cool car for sure.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:46 PM
PORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura about
Sweet video...

Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Basic
Just following for the video, I passed him and started to pull away, he had a camera on the front of his car. Just waiting for him to put it up then I'll link it.

His other car is a 996 cup car that he races, hopefully he brings that out to play next time.

Got a bunch more today, tried a few different angles. A friend has a new V8 M3 with the ESS supercharger so we did some dicing on video. Also did a run in a beck 550 spyder on track, cool car for sure.
If you race the GT3 at that track,do you think you get him ??

Old 05-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Steve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really nice
I have been wanting to get one of these but not sure how I'd mount it. I have a cab so no roll bar. Thought about inside windshield suction mount but was not sure if that was universally acceptable at PCA driving events. Anyone try suction on inside of rear window or would field of vision be bad? Any thoughts on mounting configurations would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by rdss
If you race the GT3 at that track,do you think you get him ??
Yes, did and have. But to put it into perspective the track is at ~3200' so a NA GT3 is down ~12% power. I've driven both cars, the GT3 is a sharp knife and the 996TT is a blunt hammer very different cars. But a 996TT is the faster car at our track. My car is also basically stock(relative to most here), PSS9's, Pagid yellows and EVOMS air box and some sort of 1.0-1.1 bar tune. Stock exhaust and other suspension/alignment. Car needs a ton of basic suspension mods, need to dial out the understeer and get a more aggressive alignment.

Finishing uploading some more to youtube, got a good one with a dice with a F430 Scuderia, some rear facing vs E92 M3 with ESS supercharger system (low boost)

Old 05-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Thank you BASIC,i have a friend with a 997 GT3 and i've not look to race

him because i have stock suspension and he has also some Michellin tires

with 60 treadwear and i run Michellin sport in front and Handkook in rear

beacuse i could not afford the Michellin again.My car has modds like

K24/18g's,5 fpr,tunned by Proto (all this with Markski) and Fabspeed

muffler and sports cats.The car flys but at the track it rolls sometimes

when the track is not even,you feel the suspension too soft.When i finish

modding,want to go to K24/20g's,i'll buy a used good suspension and race

my friend.

Rolando

Old 05-21-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTe-7BA09Xs

Rear mounted view having some fun drifting the car through some of the turns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-X-Zx3JaOQ

Ferrari F430 Scuderia and lots of traffic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDRuF6OMRaM

Porsche 550 Spyder 'James Dean' replica by beck

Old 05-21-2010, 11:33 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
Great videos. Thanks for posting them.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Some more, this camera is great easy to setup takes decent video(still need to figure out how to limit the wind noise). Easy to edit them using VideoPad video editting (free version for download)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Y7ExJEFwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6on1nFp2LdQ

BMW M3 V8 with ESS supercharger running low boost pulley, he has the smaller high boost pulley and will be installing that for next time, should be interesting.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Cool videos, thanks for sharing them!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 AM
No Name is infamous around these partsNo Name is infamous around these parts
Impressive for a realitively cheap HD cam. In fact, you just got me to order one!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT vs 997 GT3 GoPro HD test